2100 Posts: An MFP Thread Odyssey

Options
ndj1979
ndj1979 Posts: 29,136 Member
Sooo 2100 posts in and here is what I have noticed on the threads...

1. It is really not Starvation Mode, I promise. This one tops the charts because it is probably the most over used term out there. If you are eating 1200 calories a day, you are not in Starvation mode; if you missed snack five of six you are not in starvation mode; if you (gasp!) skip breakfast you are not in starvation mode. If you did not eat anything for 72 hours, then yes you are in starvation mode, and seek immediate help.

2. Ladies, no you will not get bulky. Lifting weights will not make you look like the incredible hulk or some weird Ape Woman from planet of the apes. If you are eating in a deficit and lifting it is almost impossible to build muscle, you will get stronger yes, but look like Arnold from the 80's, no. Also, woman have less testosterone then men so you really can't bulk up like men do without the aid of some serious roids...

3. cleanses, diet pills, flushing, the cabbage diet, the water diet, the chicken diet etc etc are just fads. Eat in a deficit and work out = weight loss. It took five years to get out of shape, it is not going to take five minutes to get back in shape. I don't care if you are taking thermo nuclear, reinforced amino acid, with ground up meteoroid dust in it; more than likely it is some fad that is just trying to suck 29.99 out of you and the weight you will lose is water weight, and it will all come back once you get off thermo nuclear sauce.
Oh, and raspberry ketones never work ...

4. Don't tell me breakfast is the most important meal or some BS like that. I skipped breakfast for eight months and dropped about 1% body fat using lean gains/IF.

5. Vacuuming, cleaning, raking leaves, laundry, getting out of the bed in the morning, shopping, walking around the mall, getting off the couch to get a cold beer, et al should never be logged as exercise...

6. MFP is not mean. Just because you posted a topic that has been beat to death 1000 times and everyone dive bombs it and has some fun with it, does not mean people are mean ..it just means you have posted a dead horse topic and will not have your thread de-railed....Don;t take it so personal and have some fun with it...

7. The gifs some of you all post are freaking awesome and hilarious! I need to get me some of dat!

8. And I will probably catch major flack for this one, but the motivational thread is really not that motivational, it seems more winey to me.

9. If you gained weight it was not from "converting fat into muscle" or "adding muscle". One pound of fat weights the same as muscle and you really can't convert fat into muscle or transform it, or use some alchemy formula to convert it into muscle, gold, alcohol or whatever...More than likely you are not measuring the foods you are eating, or it is water retention...

10. never ever ever ever ever ever eva eva eva start a thread or reply with Dr. Oz said....This will immediately cause spontaneous combustion by your fellow MFP thread goers...

11. Some of the wise as$/sarcastic comments from some of you people out there are freaking hilarious, and feel free to add me..just include a freaking message people!!!!

OK - I have probably pissed off enough people with this one...but that is about all I got for now ...when I get to 4000 posts I will update as needed....

oh - and yes I need a lift as I spend way too much time working on these posts....

All right - free fire zone, blast away ...

Replies

• ndj1979
    Options
    oh and I forgot one..if you are constipated or it is about to be "that time of the month" please please please don't start a thread about it ..

ok done...
  • Jewels_in_the_rough
    Jewels_in_the_rough Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    So pretty much, we don't need a forum anymore, as you have just addressed about 99% of the threads in a single post.

Hats off to you, Sir.
  • sbrownallison
    sbrownallison Posts: 314 Member
    Options
    True, dat. Loved this post; #5 made me laugh out loud...
  • ndj1979
    Options
    So pretty much, we don't need a forum anymore, as you have just addressed about 99% of the threads in a single post.

Hats off to you, Sir.

well I have my moments...or do I just have too much time on my hands....interesting conundrum....hahahahaha
  • jzammetti
    jzammetti Posts: 1,956 Member
    Options
    But I tried a body wrap made of salted cabbage and my tummy sag went completely away! How could you say those things are just fads?????
  • ndj1979
    Options
    But I tried a body wrap made of salted cabbage and my tummy sag went completely away! How could you say those things are just fads?????

really, that one works????

Hey, I do handstands and drink raspberry ketones at same time ..works for me....
  • Junken_Diraffe
    Junken_Diraffe Posts: 716 Member
    Options
    tumblr_lr8h8lkCRk1r2av34o1_500.gif?1319541290

You didn't mention anything about pony threads...
  • herblackwings39
    herblackwings39 Posts: 3,930 Member
    Options
    What about unicorn tears? They're super effective right?
  • ndj1979
    Options
    tumblr_lr8h8lkCRk1r2av34o1_500.gif?1319541290

You didn't mention anything about pony threads...

well I am sure that I missed a few things...but I left the door open for when I get to 4000 posts...
  • jerber160
    jerber160 Posts: 2,606 Member
    Options

5. Vacuuming, cleaning, raking leaves, laundry, getting out of the bed in the morning, shopping, walking around the mall, getting off the couch to get a cold beer, et al should never be logged as exercise...

I pretty much agree with most of your post, except this. Sorry bud, but I'm OLD with years wasted being fat. so trimming the hedges counts as exercise....(I don't rake but I weeded the driveway last summer) I wouldn't have thought so either until the heart rate monitor showed my HR was 'in the zone' and it takes a long time...
  • Sandytoes71
    Sandytoes71 Posts: 463 Member
    Options
    My fave is #10!! Lol!!!! Soooo true
  • ndj1979
    Options

only if combined with raspberry ketones, and dwarf tears and then drank out of a hatched dragon egg...
  • herblackwings39
    Options

only if combined with raspberry ketones, and dwarf tears and then drank out of a hatched dragon egg...

Well of course, how else would you drink unicorn tears?!
  • ndj1979
    Options

I pretty much agree with most of your post, except this. Sorry bud, but I'm OLD with years wasted being fat. so trimming the hedges counts as exercise....(I don't rake but I weeded the driveway last summer) I wouldn't have thought so either until the heart rate monitor showed my HR was 'in the zone' and it takes a long time...

well my argument is that these things should be included in your daily activity profile of sedentary, lightly active etc...if you do a lot yard work then you would be lightly to moderately active and this is built in ....Of course this is my humble opinion...
  • ndj1979
    Options

i heard if you hang from a rope, suspended over a pit of poisonous snakes that it increases your metabolism by 5%
  • AggieLu
    AggieLu Posts: 873 Member
    Options
    Love your post! This is the truth :)
  • ndj1979
    Options
    I just came up with another one ...

is 1200 calories OK????

Good lord there must be a million posts on this like ever week....

If it works for you then do it ..if you stall then make adjustments....
  • herblackwings39
    Options

i heard if you hang from a rope, suspended over a pit of poisonous snakes that it increases your metabolism by 5%

That's obvious hooey. I mean for a 5% increase you'd really have to hang there for days surely.
  • pastryari
    pastryari Posts: 8,646 Member
    Options
    *A MFP

8, bang, one night stand.
  • ndj1979
    Options
    *A MFP

8, bang, one night stand.

are you saying you want to bang me on the regular, or just one night stand?