If you have a problem with DIETS do not read.

Options
Okay guys, I have exactly 25 days to go until my first holiday this summer.

I want to lose 7lbs at least.

HELP!!

I don't care how disgusting or hard the diet or exercise tip... all ideas are welcome.

Excercise and eating healthy is the plan but I need more than that if I'm going to get rid of that half a stone.

Please do not be negative in your replies as there is just no need.

I previously tried 30 day shred but only could do about 6 days (life took over, don't ask)

I am going to aquafit at least once a week, and twice when I can.

Thanks in advance for any help :)

Replies

• jwdieter
    jwdieter Posts: 2,582 Member
    Options
    You don't care how hard it is, but the last time you tried a plan you lasted 6 days. Good luck!
  • nicola1141
    nicola1141 Posts: 613 Member
    Options
    I ditto jwdieter! You say you'r emotivated, you'll do whatever hard exercise but are only planning to work out once, maybe twice a week?

Keep your calories at a deficit and work out as hard as you can, drink loads of water.
  • 55in13
    55in13 Posts: 1,091 Member
    Options
    I will tell you how I did lose that much in that amount of time - pretty severely restricting calories, like close to 1000 per day.

Others will come along and tell you that isn't healthy and they might be right. I did see my doctor and at my weight and level of fitness it was not optimum but okay. See your doc if you do this. Do not believe the starvation mode myth; if you eat more you will not lose more.

This is not an easy thing to do, BTW, and do take my advice to get your doc's opinion seriously. Don't do that long term; it would become an eating disorder. I usually eat more than that now, but I did that early one to get started. It's hard for me to stay committed until after I have made good progress.

Thanks! I'm thinking if I do slimfast it will be way easier to just control, plus then even if I don't do any exercise on one day it will still be a deficit.

Yes, SlimFast at 180 or so calories a can is something I have used but be forewarned that despite all their advertising to the contrary, it did very little to control my hunger. When I said this is not easy to do, what I meant is dealing with the hunger. I tried a few different things that people say will keep you feeling full and none of them worked for me. If you are overweight (my BMI was almost 33 at the time) you are conditioned to eating a lot more than that and dealing with the hunger without giving in is very hard to do. When I did some SlimFast days, I would not eat before work and then limit myself to 2 cans during work; nothing else at all. This left me a calorie budget that allowed me to eat normal servings of whatever we (me, my wife and kids) were having for dinner; no seconds, no dessert, no snacks later. It was not fun, but it worked. After I did that (not always SlimFast, but always limiting myself to something preplanned that was about 400 calories for the workday that included breakfast and lunch) for 6 weeks or so, I had lost almost 20 lbs and my rate of loss was pretty steady. Adding back in 200 to 400 calories a day slowed the rate of loss, but it is not nearly as hard to do. I hate to sound like a broken record, but get checked out by your doc if you are going to try this and know that it requires a lot of self discipline.
  • Calliope610
    Calliope610 Posts: 3,775 Member
    Options
    Okay guys, I have exactly 25 days to go until my first holiday this summer.

I want to lose 7lbs at least.

HELP!!

I don't care how disgusting or hard the diet or exercise tip... all ideas are welcome.

Excercise and eating healthy is the plan but I need more than that if I'm going to get rid of that half a stone.

Please do not be negative in your replies as there is just no need.

I previously tried 30 day shred but only could do about 6 days (life took over, don't ask)

I am going to aquafit at least once a week, and twice when I can.

Thanks in advance for any help :)

Make sure your burn at least 3500 at aquafit each week, eat at a 20% deficit, you will have no problem losing 7 lbs.
  • Sapporo
    Sapporo Posts: 693 Member
    Options
    Bob Harper's Jumpstart to Skinny book is a 21 day plan with quick exercises at night and promotes early morning movement like 30 min at least of walking. The food plan is low cal 800-1000 cal per day and full of vegetables plus you get sick of chicken. It is a book for people who have an event coming up and want a quick weight loss. Of course he recommends going into The Skinny Rules for longterm after so you buy that book as well.
  • missdibs1
    missdibs1 Posts: 1,092 Member
    Options
    try keto to lose water weight
  • Rwheltsley
    Rwheltsley Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    It's not magic or a miracle, just math.

(7lbs x 3500cal/lb) / 25 days = 980 calories/day deficit

To keep it extremely simple, a good rule of thumb is weight x 11 = ~maintenance

I'm just shooting in the dark here, but I'm guessing you at 155lb x 11 = 1700 calories/day to maintain

WARNING - the following is not healthy in my opinion, but if 25 days is your drop dead goal... here it is:

1700 - 980 = 720 calories net

My suggestion would be to keep your calorie intake around 1400calories/day - that is enough food to feel satiated and not starve your body of nutrients. For argument sake, eat 1400 calories/day, burn 700/day in working out (That's like 45-60 minutes on an elliptical per day - not too hard by any means.)

Up your water to 10-12 glasses a day to keep you feeling full, and after your vacation - when you realize that you just dropped a dirty 7lbs and you don't look or feel any better, get on an actual healthy fitness routine.
  • chelseascounter
    chelseascounter Posts: 1,283 Member
    Options
    I lost 9 lbs in 1 month by eating close to 1,100 calories a day. I still do. It all depends on your height, age, activity level. My BMR is 1132.
  • ericachristie85
    ericachristie85 Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    Have a steak day, you loose 1-2lbs the next day and keep it off. Eat nothing all day except water then at night eat a big steak with either a tomato or apple. It works, no joke.
  • kkclif
    kkclif Posts: 155 Member
    Options
    Cut out all starchy carbs and cut down on sugar intake (fruit). Drink only water or 0 calorie beverages. Make sure to add healthy fats to your diet (avacado, nuts, etc.) to make up for the lack of carbs. If you do that, you will lose those 7 pounds in a couple of weeks, guarantee it. Good luck!
  • pastryari
    pastryari Posts: 8,646 Member
    Options
    JUZq2t4.gif
  • kkclif
    kkclif Posts: 155 Member
    Options
    For reference, I did this and lost 5 pounds in one week. No need to limit yourself to slimfast or shakes, you can eat as long as you stick to it and stay under 1200 calories. (some days I would have trouble even getting to 1200). Just eat mostly lean proteins and vegetables. The first few days are rough, but once you get past it you can do it!
  • odusgolp
    odusgolp Posts: 10,477 Member
    Options
    I'm curious.. What huge difference is there going to be in losing 7 lbs? Unless it's for some weight loss challenge where you win $10,000 or something, I don't understand... but I'd like to. No one will notice 7lbs. I'd like to understand the motivation to do a slim fast, super restrictive diet & exercise plan.
  • iulia_maddie
    iulia_maddie Posts: 2,780 Member
    Options
    Ohhh me! Me! Pick me! I know a really good one!

Exercise and eat less. That's it.
  • _SusieQ_
    _SusieQ_ Posts: 2,964 Member
    Options
    I'm curious.. What huge difference is there going to be in losing 7 lbs? Unless it's for some weight loss challenge where you win $10,000 or something, I don't understand... but I'd like to. No one will notice 7lbs. I'd like to understand the motivation to do a slim fast, super restrictive diet & exercise plan.

VbO5SeE.gif

And

N8YrsWV.gif
  • billsica
    billsica Posts: 4,741 Member
    Options
    I'm borrowing this math. but..

Good size normal balloon has about 10-15 Liter volume.

Helium has 0.1786g / L density, Air has 1.292g / L.

Difference is the lifting force, 1.292-0.1786 = 1.113 g / L.

Figure 12.5 Liters x 1.113 g / L = about 14 grams.

454 grams / pound divided by 14 = about 32 balloons.

So, to lift seven pounds, you would need about 210 good size 'normal' balloons.

Don't believe me? Look how good this girl looks with the "lift"
    12816287823779.jpg
  • SoulReckoning
    SoulReckoning Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    try keto to lose water weight

I always find it funny that any diet or exercise advice starts with "consult your doctor or physician" when Dr.s and Physicians are very rarely taught anything about Diet or Exercise. LOL. Anyway, consult your Dr. before taking anyone's advice. I'm not a Dr. or Physician but I've done a lot of research and reading on this and it's what I'm transitioning to this week actually. The Ketogenic Diet, is high in fat so you will stay full with the meals you eat. Because it's low carb, you will burn FAT for fuel instead of sugar and muscle. I have heard it can be very hard to stick to, but the results can be maximized by HIIT or interval training.

Here's a link for a guy's blog that is just a big Keto book online.

http://josepharcita.blogspot.com/2011/03/guide-to-ketosis.html
  • BigGuy47
    BigGuy47 Posts: 1,768 Member
    Options
    Eat tissue and drink water. It will swell up and make you feel full. Smoke at least 2 packs of cigarettes a day, it will help curb your appettite. Finally, laxatives. Lots of laxatives. Sure it will be uncomfortable, but if you reach your goal it will be worth it.
  • AllonsYtotheTardis
    AllonsYtotheTardis Posts: 16,947 Member
    Options
    I too am trying to understand what difference that 7 lbs will make. Will they be making you get on a scale when you get to your destination?
  • Muddy_Yogi
    Muddy_Yogi Posts: 1,459 Member
    Options
    no___just_no_by_innocentmarina-d4paj5d.gif