OK I'll bite, why does everyone go crazy for squats?

Options

Replies

• BrandiBoo84
    BrandiBoo84 Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    With my body changing (due to weightloss and fitness) I can easily say that my booty is the best part, and I owe it to squatting like it's hot ;) Seriously though, squats have changed it overall and it's something I can be proud of!
  • ItsCasey
    ItsCasey Posts: 4,022 Member
    Options
    I'm not. They make my thighs humongous! They are already humongous without them.

7a1.gif
  • MercenaryNoetic26
    MercenaryNoetic26 Posts: 2,747 Member
    Options
    I'm not. They make my thighs humongous! They are already humongous without them.

You appear to be the only one that doesnt benefit from squats. :noway:

OP you just cant go wrong with them.

sorry no apostrophes. new tablet.
  • Establishedn1986
    Establishedn1986 Posts: 306 Member
    Options
    For me it helps with the serious case of "no-*kitten*-at-alls" I have. Baby is building back 1 squat at a time!
    Lol! This
  • meeper123
    meeper123 Posts: 3,347 Member
    Options
    I have a love hate relationship with them i love what the do but i hate to do them lol
  • GnomeLove
    GnomeLove Posts: 379
    Options

You appear to be the only one that doesnt benefit from squats. :noway:

OP you just cant go wrong with them.

sorry no apostrophes. new tablet.

Just handing out my personal experience with them, y'all. Not everyone is going to be the same.
  • pinkpatron
    pinkpatron Posts: 154
    Options

This is my problem. I have big hips, big thighs and a huge *kitten* already lol
  • Capt_Apollo
    Capt_Apollo Posts: 9,026 Member
    Options

embrace it. you know how many women out there want what you have?? you could have epic legs and *kitten*. hit the squat rack. trust me. i wouldn't lie to you. I'm the Captain.
  • cookieluvsya
    cookieluvsya Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    People have already listed the most important benefits. I'm just here to show the difference of a booty between no squats and squats

e4881013-a1e4-4fae-971d-03202a06e0c0_zps337eb92b.jpg

I WISH I COULD HAVE TAKEN BEFORE PICS, but my before and after pics look pretty much like this from doing squats.. I am so happy I incorporated them into my routine!
  • MercenaryNoetic26
    MercenaryNoetic26 Posts: 2,747 Member
    Options
    For myself, squats dont just give me a bangin bottom half, they eliminate all cellulite. At 34 my body looks way younger. Ive been doing squats once a week for 13 years and I will never quit. Its simply the best fat burner fountain of youth exercise.
  • Colliex3
    Colliex3 Posts: 328 Member
    Options
    my reason is unlike everyone else's as much as they are fun, when doing them they hit a nerve and they go from a workout to a turn on haha... but hey thats just me
  • pinkpatron
    pinkpatron Posts: 154
    Options

embrace it. you know how many women out there want what you have?? you could have epic legs and *kitten*. hit the squat rack. trust me. i wouldn't lie to you. I'm the Captain.

Oh sweetie I embrace my big bubble butt lol I love my *kitten*. Don't like all the attention it gets sometimes, but my *kitten* is my best friend lol so ok.....you talked me into it... I shall try squats!!
  • ladymiseryali
    ladymiseryali Posts: 2,555 Member
    Options
    My butt is getting into shape. What kind of shape, I couldn't tell you, but my butt is lifted so that's a plus. It doesn't look deflated anymore.
  • NikoM5
    NikoM5 Posts: 488 Member
    Options
    Causes more muscle and strength gain than any other exercise imaginable.
    Hits more muscles simultaneously than any other exercise imaginable.
    Trains multiple muscle groups in unison to function in a natural motion.

does all of this more efficiently than isolation exercises and in a much shorter time frame

ETA:

gives you da badunkadunk*

Not to take away from the importance of squats but I'd argue that dead lifts fit the above description a little better.
  • BenchPressingCats
    BenchPressingCats Posts: 1,826 Member
    Options
    For me it helps with the serious case of "no-*kitten*-at-alls" I have. Baby is building back 1 squat at a time!

YES!! In high school, my friends laughed at my lack of an *kitten*. Now they can't anymore!
  • Saucy_lil_Minx
    Saucy_lil_Minx Posts: 3,302 Member
    Options
    Squats = a great A**, and thighs.
  • deeruns
    deeruns Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    In the words of a great philosopher,

"*kitten*
    *kitten*
    *kitten*
    *kitten*
    *kitten*
    *kitten*
    *kitten*
    *kitten*
    STOP!!
    Now make that mother$&@*#$ hammertime."
  • RobynLB83
    RobynLB83 Posts: 626 Member
    Options
    I don't bother unless my coach makes me do them. They don't seem to do a thing for my butt, and my legs are already big and strong from carrying a pack, and running hills and sand. Kickbacks, leg extensions, bridges, and hip thrusts seem to do more for my butt.

Oh wait... I thought of a reason to do them. The one and only reason. I can "last" way longer when I've been doing them regularly.
  • wpbmommy1
    wpbmommy1 Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    I wanted to do any challenge and this was one that I picked. Happy I did because I am on day 21 and I have lost 2 inches off my Butt (I needed to trust me) and 1 inch of each thigh.

LOST 2 inches??? :sad: If I do that, my butt would be concave!!! I want to build da booty not kill da booty!!
  • ashleyShades
    ashleyShades Posts: 375 Member
    Options

I also have a pancake booty so I'm on day 9 of the 30 day squat challenge and hoping to incorporate them into my workout