If you have a problem with DIETS do not read.

Options

Replies

• viser_haut
    viser_haut Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    I've lost 7lbs in about 30 days, eating 1800+ calories a day and working out 4-5 times a week. Why would you want to starve yourself for the same results :S
    best of luck to you though...
  • jofjltncb6
    jofjltncb6 Posts: 34,415 Member
    Options
    So, to lift seven pounds, you would need about 210 good size 'normal' balloons.

Alternatively, you can use 99 luftballons.

Do they have to be red or is the color inconsequential?
  • HollisGrant
    HollisGrant Posts: 2,022 Member
    Options
    Okay guys, I have exactly 25 days to go until my first holiday this summer.

I want to lose 7lbs at least.

HELP!!

I don't care how disgusting or hard the diet or exercise tip... all ideas are welcome.

Excercise and eating healthy is the plan but I need more than that if I'm going to get rid of that half a stone.

Please do not be negative in your replies as there is just no need.

I previously tried 30 day shred but only could do about 6 days (life took over, don't ask)

I am going to aquafit at least once a week, and twice when I can.

Thanks in advance for any help :)

You could try my diet. I am losing about 2 lbs a week (18 pounds since 4/1/13) and am never hungry. Just to warn you, it has almost no processed food, no meat, and no sweets.

Breakfast: steel cut oats with chopped apple and black coffee
    Lunch: brown rice, lentils, veggies
    Afternoon snack: an apple
    Dinner: the same as lunch, only different veggies, and sometimes soup
    Water: I bought a 32 oz sport bottle, fill it with filtered water and lemon or lime slices, and drink 2 of those a day.
    Condiments: Tamari, dry roasted/toasted sesame seeds (30 calories a spoon), and lime juice for salad dressing (lime juice from a fresh squeezed lime -- lime juice has almost no calories).

I precook my breakfast, enough for several days in a row, and just heat it up.
    I also precook lentils, rice, and veggies and always have enough in the fridge for a quick meal.
    I take a lunch and snack to work and heat the lunch in the microwave.
    I eat before I go to social events/restaurants so I'm not hungry and have something tiny to be polite.

Editing this to add my exercise: walking. I leave my car in the driveway, walk to work, to errands, walk the dog, etc. I walk several miles a day.
  • jofjltncb6
    Options

HELP!!

I don't care how disgusting or hard the diet or exercise tip... all ideas are welcome.

Excercise and eating healthy is the plan but I need more than that if I'm going to get rid of that half a stone.

I previously tried 30 day shred but only could do about 6 days (life took over, don't ask)

You could try my diet. I am losing about 2 lbs a week (18 pounds since 4/1/13) and am never hungry. Just to warn you, it has almost no processed food, no meat, and no sweets.

Water: I bought a 32 oz sport bottle, fill it with filtered water and lemon or lime slices, and drink 2 of those a day.
    Condiments: Tamari, dry roasted/toasted sesame seeds (30 calories a spoon), and lime juice for salad dressing (lime juice from a fresh squeezed lime -- lime juice has almost no calories).

I also precook lentils, rice, and veggies and always have enough in the fridge for a quick meal.
    I eat before I go to social events/restaurants so I'm not hungry and have something tiny to be polite.

Editing this to add my exercise: walking. I leave my car in the driveway, walk to work, to errands, walk the dog, etc. I walk several miles a day.

How many daily calories is that?
  • eric_sg61
    eric_sg61 Posts: 2,925 Member
    Options
    I suggest you grow up and realise nobody will give a crap about 7lbs,
    This. So you really think 7lbs is going to make a visual difference. How about using a mirror instead of a scale for a goal.
  • VorJoshigan
    VorJoshigan Posts: 1,106 Member
    Options
    try keto to lose water weight
    Yeah, unless you're obese, you're probably not going to lose 7 lbs of fat. Eating under 30 grams of carbs will flush a bunch of water weight out of your system though. May or may not help control your appetite.
  • heather_huggins
    heather_huggins Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    Google "3 day military diet" It's not necessarily a "military diet" anymore, but one the Heart Association promotes and encourages people to go on if they're undergoing surgery for their heart or something like that. I was stuck at a plateau a couple months back and my Dr. told me about this. I lost 5 lbs in 3 days and have kept it off since then. You follow the exact diet for 3 days, drink tons of water, exercise like usual then for 4 days after, up your calories, eat as normal then you can do the 3 day diet again. Follow this until your "deadline" and you'll be shocked. A lady I worked with did it and lost almost 20 lbs and kept it off as well. The foods work chemically together when metabolizing and breaking down. It's weird, but works.
  • adairbrum
    adairbrum Posts: 68
    Options
    Eat tissue and drink water. It will swell up and make you feel full. Smoke at least 2 packs of cigarettes a day, it will help curb your appettite. Finally, laxatives. Lots of laxatives. Sure it will be uncomfortable, but if you reach your goal it will be worth it.
    this :):):):):):)
  • lisamarie1780
    lisamarie1780 Posts: 432 Member
    Options
    You don't care how hard it is, but the last time you tried a plan you lasted 6 days. Good luck!

lol

I seriously need to stop reading these forum posts, nobody likes what I have to say. Fortunately in this case though you said it for me :laugh:
  • jofjltncb6
    Options
    Google "3 day military diet" It's not necessarily a "military diet" anymore, but one the Heart Association promotes and encourages people to go on if they're undergoing surgery for their heart or something like that. I was stuck at a plateau a couple months back and my Dr. told me about this. I lost 5 lbs in 3 days and have kept it off since then. You follow the exact diet for 3 days, drink tons of water, exercise like usual then for 4 days after, up your calories, eat as normal then you can do the 3 day diet again. Follow this until your "deadline" and you'll be shocked. A lady I worked with did it and lost almost 20 lbs and kept it off as well. The foods work chemically together when metabolizing and breaking down. It's weird, but works.

As my kids would say...

LOLWUT?
  • Forest777
    Forest777 Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    You are an absolutely gorgeous girl BTW. Who cares about the 7 lbs or whatever? Avoid too much salt and drink a ton of water, so that you're not bloated. Eat clean and reduce calories to around 1600 if you want. Go buy something cute. Go on your trip, enjoy being young and beautiful, and have a blast.

I look back on my early twenties and think, honestly, what was I so insecure about? I should have enjoyed myself more.

No blame towards the OP, but I couldn't agree more with this comment.
  • Tanja_CHH
    Tanja_CHH Posts: 216 Member
    Options
    As you said you don't care how hard the exercise tip is, I will say try with 30 day Shred again, you will get the results you want.
  • HollisGrant
    HollisGrant Posts: 2,022 Member
    Options

HELP!!

How many daily calories is that?

My daily calories vary, depending on whether I eat 1-2 cups of lentils at a meal, what kind of veggies and the quantity, etc. Avocados, for example, are high in calorie. I set my MFP calories for 1200 a day, but I usually eat anywhere from 1300-1600, occasionally 1900. I also exercise a lot. Sometimes I eat back my calories and sometimes I don't -- I eat them back if I'm hungry.

Also, I use lentils a lot because the protein in 1 cup of lentils = the protein in 3 eggs, I don't have to soak them, and I can cook several days worth in 30 minutes. Lentils cost about $1.50 per bag at the grocery store. You could use other types of beans for variety. I don't eat dairy but sometimes will have a boiled egg for a snack. I don't care for cooking and like this diet because it is very simple and keeps me from being hungry.
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,704 Member
    Options
    It's possible, IF you're consistent. HIIT every day and stay in calorie deficit.

A.C.E. Certified Personal/Group FitnessTrainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,867 Member
    Options
    Trying to lose 7 pounds in 25 days is unhealthy! I'm being positive because I'm telling you to be safe and healthy by not trying to lose 7 pounds in 25 days. yaaaaay *happy happy positive yay*

Well losing 2 lbs./week can be perfectly healthy. So 7 pounds in 25 days sounds doable in a healthy way, especially for someone just starting out.

Not for someone with very little to lose in the first place. Two pounds per week is perfectly acceptable if you need to lose 50+ Lbs...bad idea when you only need to lose seven measly vanity pounds.
  • SteelySunshine
    SteelySunshine Posts: 1,092 Member
    Options
    Eat tissue and drink water. It will swell up and make you feel full. Smoke at least 2 packs of cigarettes a day, it will help curb your appettite. Finally, laxatives. Lots of laxatives. Sure it will be uncomfortable, but if you reach your goal it will be worth it.

The problem with this advice is a lot of people won't take it seriously. But, it works. The only problem is you forgot to tell her to take Metamusil or something like that a couple times a day, the fiber works with the tissue to double the fullness effect, and bonus it is also a laxative. The cigarettes boost your metabolism so that is a double bonus as well since they also curb appetite. And you forgot to tell her to make her bathroom as comfortable as possible since it will be her residence for the next 25 days.
  • carchie94
    carchie94 Posts: 45
    Options

The problem with this advice is a lot of people won't take it seriously. But, it works. The only problem is you forgot to tell her to take Metamusil or something like that a couple times a day, the fiber works with the tissue to double the fullness effect, and bonus it is also a laxative. The cigarettes boost your metabolism so that is a double bonus as well since they also curb appetite. And you forgot to tell her to make her bathroom as comfortable as possible since it will be her residence for the next 25 days.

You forgot Alli. And the adult diapers. Combined, those are sure to work. I'd throw in some castor oil to be safe.
  • Marley2310
    Marley2310 Posts: 304
    Options
    Possible but a little bit hard because u are already lean ..anyways u have 2 options 1 ) just cut 1000 or 1200 (max) from ur diet and do DAILY Cardio and lift heavy at strength reps range ( 4 , 6 , 8 ) to maintain ur muscle mass and make sure u are burning more than 500 each day in the gym and that u are getting over 100 gram of protein

2) u can do a PSMF ( Protein Sparing Modified Fast ) Lyle Macdonald's way ..his diet will get u there easily ..but its a really hard diet and u have to follow it to the t to make sure u lose fat not muscle ..i can send u a link to download his book for free if u are up for it .
  • JessicaJoanJarvis
    JessicaJoanJarvis Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    Clearly many off you cannot read, I said be positive yet you feel the need to criticise. This is supposed to be a motivational website and clearly you do not know how that works.

How has your post helped in anyway, kinda pathetic that you need to be negative to make yourselves feel better, huh?

Thank you to everyone who took it seriously! Goodluck with your journeys :)