Fitbit?

Options
2»

Replies

• Jess830409
    Jess830409 Posts: 285 Member
    Options
    I also love my Fitbit! I have the Ultra, which is the model before the One. A lot of people complained that it is easy to lose - and I can see why - It fell off my waistband a few times and I bought a "pedometer leash" for $2. I think the Flex looks really cool, but I started clipping my Fitbit to my bra so I don't end up even thinking about it during the day. (except to check it now and then) It's a great motivator!

I clip mine there too lol - very handy and out of the way :)
  • jody664
    jody664 Posts: 397 Member
    Options
    I have the Fitbit One, but in hindsight, I would have been fine with the Zip (the One tracks sleep and floors climbed, both interesting but definitely not necessary). The Zip is $60. I did notice that Best Buy carries a 2-pk of Zips for $99. So if you have a friend interested in buying one, you could split the cost and get it for $50 each. Just a thought.
  • shanander
    shanander Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    I LOVE it. I got the ultra in April 2012. Since then I had two new chargers sent to me free and then the device cracked and they just sent me a fitbit one for free - which was a month outside the warranty! I cannot go anywhere without it. Clips right on my bra and really pushes me to be more active and helps track my sleep to make sure I get enough (which is key to weight loss). Even though I had a couple problems (hence the need for new chargers and device) their customer service is amazing. with two emails they would send me what I needed and would arrive in a day or two (My fitbit never lost a charge since they sent out new chargers so fast) Of course, I had the original so I'm sure the new versions are better - and I'm excited to have the fitbit one now!
  • Donnacoach
    Donnacoach Posts: 540 Member
    Options
    I agree with bluefox9er. I have had the ultra fitbit and the fitbit one, and I have had issues with both, but I DO LOVE it. I am actually going to switch to their newest fitbit which is call the FLEX. It's something worn on your wrist, which I will just like better. I like it because it tracks how many sets of stairs I have climbed, steps, miles, but most importantly my sleep pattern. HOWEVER, I do love my HRM, which is well worth the money if you just want to track calories burned and time....
  • kendrafallon
    kendrafallon Posts: 1,030 Member
    Options
    I agree with bluefox9er too.

I have a Fitbit Ultra. Overall, it's a useful tool and motivator if you're sedentary as the step count and numbers it displays and push you to more. I'm already active, I do a lot of walking, started running and that's in addition to 6 hours Tae Kwon Do training a week, so for that I use a HRM. For me the Fitbit is just a gadget and is at best useful for days when I'm not doing any set walking/running/cardio

If you already exercise and want to track your calorie burn better, then spend your money on a HRM, you can a good one relatively cheaply on eBay.

Lastly, have a look at the Fitbit Users Forum to get an overview of how folks who have one are finding it: http://www.myfitnesspal.com/groups/home/1290-fitbit-users
  • Samstan101
    Samstan101 Posts: 699 Member
    Options
    I have been on the fence about getting one... how accurate is the calorie burned?

I'm another lover of the FB1. It's made me far more aware of my movement and I've found myself marching on the spit or walking up and down stairs to make my goals for the day. It's my clipped on conscious!

As for accuracy, any activity that isn't just walking such as treadmill or stationary bike I log on the Fitbit website and the calories are adjusted accordingly. In my experience its pretty accurate. As an example I did 35mins on the treadmill this morning wearing a HRM and Garmin Forerunner with a stated calorie burn of 221. Logging it on Fitbit gave a cal burn of 227 so close enough for me!

I've used the FB1, gym and diet for almost 10 weeks now and lost almost 2st so the combination is working for me.

BTW anyone concerned about losing theirs I have Velcro in the clip and on the back of the gadget plus make sure it's facing into my pocket (where possible in the little money pocket).

I'd chose the FB1 over the Flex as the Flex doesn't track stairs I believe.
  • LexyLou_5
    LexyLou_5 Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    i got my fitbit one for my birthday in the new year, and i love it. It is my new best friend it comes every where with me.

I must admit it has become a slight addiction, seeing my steps add up is great
  • twinkfran
    twinkfran Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    I have a (maybe stupid) question...do they record workouts - so if I do some training would that be included?
  • msallymae
    msallymae Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone! I think I am going to go with the Fitbit One. I'm pretty excited about it! I am also a new art teacher so it will be fun to see how much I am on my feet when I start in the fall!
  • JackMillan
    Options
    I started with the Ultra (which I still have!), tried the Zip, and now I'm using the Fitbit One, which I love. I like tracking stairs, which is why I returned the Zip. My Fitbit kept coming loose until I found the "Fitbit Leash" at GadgetLeash.com, which was pretty inexpensive and keeps my Fitbit from coming loose - I highly recommend it.

But here's my reason for writing: Am I the only one who doesn't want my tracker on my wrist (Like Flex and many similar devices)? This seems to be the trend and I don't get it. They're uncomfortable and they draw too much attention. I feel like I'm taking crazy pills ...

What am I not understanding? Are there clear performance advantages moving the tracker to my wrist? Anyone?