Have u ever felt like u've never accomplished anything?

2»

Replies

• sam308lbs
    sam308lbs Posts: 1,936 Member
    i am 27 and all i have achieved so far is diddly and squat.But hey i am not done yet.I know exactly what i want from life and i will get it one day.

you've lost 50 pounds! that's a huge achievement! you should be so proud of yourself! :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker:
    i wish i could say the same, except i always fail. :grumble: i have no one but myself to blame, but i just hope one day i can tell people i've lost 30-35 pounds with pride, instead of the measly 4 pounds and in weeks it's back to square one.
    Dont be so hard on yourself.Your confidence is inspiring actually.So many 19 yr olds have eating disorders/body dysmorphia and even the fit ones are so self conscious whereas you are rockin that bikini likes its nobody's business
  • EvgeniZyntx
    EvgeniZyntx Posts: 24,208 Member
    “The mass of men lead lives of quiet desperation. What is called resignation is confirmed desperation. From the desperate city you go into the desperate country, and have to console yourself with the bravery of minks and muskrats. A stereotyped but unconscious despair is concealed even under what are called the games and amusements of mankind. There is no play in them, for this comes after work. But it is a characteristic of wisdom not to do desperate things.”

Tl;dr? Get off your butt or learn to accept mediocrity.
  • stevenleagle
    stevenleagle Posts: 293 Member
    At 19 (arguably even at 35), the world IS your oyster.

Draw up your list of goals and aim high. Goal setting is the first thing to do.

Also - as others have said - remember its not always about you accomplishing things for yourself but what you can accomplish for others.
  • PlayerHatinDogooder
    PlayerHatinDogooder Posts: 1,018 Member
    Well if what you're looking for is recognition you could always be a famous persons girlfriend or something.
  • Sandytoes71
    Sandytoes71 Posts: 463 Member
    Sweetie...it's not about YOU--it's about you doing something to make another feel special. The sooner you learn that, the sooner your feelings of inadequacy will vanish.

I agree with this 100%. Very well put and so true!
  • PikaKnight
    PikaKnight Posts: 34,971 Member
    Well if what you're looking for is recognition you could always be a famous persons girlfriend or something.

Scandals work wonders
  • EmilyOfTheSun
    EmilyOfTheSun Posts: 1,548 Member
    My dog is basically perfect. At least I can feel awesome for raising her to be a champ. That's all I got. I'm ok with that for now.
  • 1shauna1
    1shauna1 Posts: 993 Member
    It is very hard to know what you want to do right out of high school for most people. I went to university because it was expected of me but I didn't know what I wanted to "be". Now three careers, lots of education later, I have finally found a job I really love. But I do feel "not special" sometimes and wonder what mark I will leave on the world when I'm gone. HOwever, now I try not to think so globally, and think - I made a difference in rescuing a dog. I make a difference to my friends and family. Sure, in the scope of the world it's maybe miniscule, but to these people, I do matter. It may take time, but you'll find somewhere you can make a difference. Also, don't forget to have fun! I am going to plan a tour by myself (well, with a group) to Italy for next year because I've always wanted to go and am tired of waiting!
  • berriboobear
    berriboobear Posts: 524 Member
    Constantly. I do acknowledge, however, that I'm still early in life and there's so much unknown right now. I think it's easy for me to crave that end result where I have found my place and my someone, and am comfortable where I am.
  • hdawg412
    hdawg412 Posts: 10 Member
    This is normal. I am in my late 30's and have to catch myself from comparing myself to friends who just bought a McMansion, received tenure, etc. It will always be something, you are enough and have your own path. Success is looking back on accumulated baby steps over time. You are just beginning your adult life and have a long arc to build YOUR own story.
  • Angelstrength
    Angelstrength Posts: 7 Member
    You set your account to be 35???? Can I be 19 then? lol. You don't wanna wish your life away. Trust me it goes by way too fast. Good Lord! I could be your mom! Just have fun and be 19. You have plenty of time to accomplish a lot. I did so much when I was young, went to college twice & had 2 different careers before I had kids. Now I'm just a mom and feel like you do all the time but I try to remind myself this time is flying by and to enjoy everyday I can w my girls. The world will still be there when I return to it!
  • LuHox
    LuHox Posts: 136
    I was 24 when I figured out what I wanted to do and I don't see anything wrong with that. I have one more year of school to go and will graduate at 26. Because of that, I feel like I've never accomplished anything QUITE often. But it's not right, and we shouldn't feel that way. You can't compare yourself to others AND be happy. I don't think those two things work well together.
  • ValerieMartini2Olives
    ValerieMartini2Olives Posts: 3,024 Member
    Yep. But then I realize how much I have accomplished. I'm a single female who owns her own home and car, has always been employed, has a beautiful, healthy daughter, two happy cats... I'd say I've got a lot!