i want to see 1200-1400 calorie diets!

Options
124»

Replies

• Boogage
    Boogage Posts: 739 Member
    Options
    I eat all pretty much everything still but with a few lower cal alternatives. I aim to net somewhere around 1300-1400 cals a day

Yesterdays diary:

Veggie sausage sandwich with ketchup (weight watchers bread, light butter)
    2 Quorn mini savoury eggs
    Quorn burger in a bun with tangy tomato pickle and cheese (fairly low cal/carb bun, reduced fat cheese)
    Loads of salad with caesar dressing, reduced fat coleslaw, potatoes
    Banana
    The Food Doctor crisps (love the korma flavour packs)
    Couple of squares of dark chocolate
    Few drinks including 300ml of light soya mlk

Todays diary so far:

Quorn steak sandwich with reduced fat grated cheese
    Lentil dahl with 1/2 pack of microwave pilau rice and a mini nan bread
    A Cornetto ice cream
    1 veggie sausage
    100 grams of yoghurt
    Drinks inc 200ml of light soya milk

I still have 100 cals left

I feel like I eat a lot of food and regularly find myself eating late way after dinner just to fill my calorie goal as I don't believe eating to little is good for us.
  • dlionsmane
    dlionsmane Posts: 672 Member
    Options
    Taken from one of my diary days last week:
    Breakfast
    Pineapple - Raw, all varieties, 0.75 cup, diced
    Seedless Red Grapes - Generic, 0.75 cup (100 grams)
    Fruit - Cantelope, 0.75 cup
    Breakfast =164

Lunch
    Rice - Brown, medium-grain, cooked, 0.5 cup
    Generic - Turkey-Breast-Grilled, 2 oz
    Generic - Yellow Squash Roasted - No Oil, 0.5 medium (196G)
    Home Made - Oven Roasted Zucchini - No Oil, 0.5 cup cooked
    Sweet potato - Cooked, boiled, without skin (Sweetpotato), 0.25 medium
    Lunch= 223

Dinner
    Pork - Tenderloin - Grilled, 3 oz
    Generic - Sweet Potato - Mashed (Plain), 4 oz
    Steamed Green Beans - Steamed Green Beans, 1/2 cup
    Organic Valley - Organic, Unsalted, Cultured Butter, 0.5 tbsp (14g)
    Dinner= 320

Snacks
    Nestle's Tollhouse - Mini Chocolate Chips, 2 T =140
    Quaker - Rice Cakes, Buttered Popcorn, 4 rice cake
    Snyder's of Hanover - Unsalted Mini Fat Free Pretzel, 40 minis
    Josephs - All Natural Original Hommus - 16 oz, 1 tbs (28g)
    Snacks= 530

Totals 1,237
  • popsicklestar
    popsicklestar Posts: 166 Member
    Options
    I started at 1200 and have been slowing upping my calories as I get closer to goal. I'm at 1450 now. My diary's open, but you might have to friend me, not sure. Some things I eat regularly are protein shakes with unsweetened almond milk, hummus, small tortillas or wheat flat bread, greek yogurt, eggs, swiss chard, spinach, tomatoes, small gold potatoes, cottage cheese, turkey burgers, salsa, builder's bars, and Amy's soups and meals sometimes. I'll admit it's pretty tough on days when you don't exercise, but I've had a lot of success and am really close to goal. I'm really looking forward to eating at maintenance.
  • micheleb15
    micheleb15 Posts: 1,418 Member
    Options
    I eat 1360 on non-workout days. Yesterday my day was -

B- Coffee, half and half, sugar, 4 hard boiled eggs and a banana (approx. 220)
    L- Sliced Roast Beef and Ham, cheese, tomatoes and cucumbers (approx. 330)
    S- Strawberries and Chobani yogurt (approx. 200)
    D- Hibachi style chicken with zucchini and onions with Japanese white sauce (approx. 450)
    D - Vodka Soda (approx. 100) and watermelon (approx. 50)

You might want to check out some of your calories. Some look like they are on the low side. No big deal, but I thought you might want to know. Your breakfast is really low. Four eggs and a banana alone are between 340-380 calories and that is not counting the half&half and the sugar.

You're right. I should clarify boiled egg whites, not a fan of the yolk. 4 eggs whites (77 cal.), med banana (105 cal) 1 tbsp of half and half (20 cal), 1 tsp of sugar (15 cal.) total - 217 calories. Everything is measured and weighed to maintain accuracy.

No clue why my response is being quoted
  • pocketmole
    pocketmole Posts: 614 Member
    Options
    on non workout days i eat 1300-1400. on workout days i eat more like 1500-1600. on the weekends i tend to eat more like i do on workout days because i like to go out. i am a vegetarian, so some of my stuff may not appeal to everyone, but i do have a public diary that you are free to look through. :)
  • gangstagirl625
    gangstagirl625 Posts: 187 Member
    Options
    Just curious to what you eat on 1200-1400 calories? not here to bag on anyone but would like to see a 1200-1400calorie diary.
    mine is open take a peep
  • mellyish
    mellyish Posts: 253 Member
    Options
    I eat my TDEE - 20% at sedentary which is 1433 right now, I usually end up eating around 1300. But on exercise days I eat back 50 - 80% of the burned calories even if I've burned well over 600, so yes I have had days where I've ate 2000 and the scale keeps moving down :smile:
  • ziggiezambi
    ziggiezambi Posts: 253
    Options
    You can look at mine normally I eat between 1000-1350. This week I haven't been doing so well 300-900 I just havn't felt so great. :/
  • brfried
    brfried Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    My calorie goal is set at 1200, I struggle to meet it most days. My diary is public.
    I also occasionally have a day that goes high, usually if I go out to eat or have a special occasion.
    I do not eat breakfast most days, I just don't care to eat first thing in the am and usually have lunch at 11:30am.
  • nave002
    nave002 Posts: 211 Member
    Options
    I'm at 1200 calories per day and geese I thought that was low considering I've never dieted before but I'm workin' it! Exercise helps as it does give me the extra on the days that I need it!

Having trouble sticking to my sugars like BIG TIME... Who knew fresh fruit could be so high in sugar??:angry: Overall, I think I'm doing pretty good as I'm starting on my fourth week and still stickin' with it....

My diary is open and it's not all health food, I still have my treats!:happy:
  • deemar54
    deemar54 Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    mine is open also, i hit between 1200-1500 calories a day with an off day every once in a while. take a look if you like. :)
  • meggyshae
    meggyshae Posts: 357 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me I am right around that cal intake
  • cicisiam
    cicisiam Posts: 491 Member
    Options
    bump
  • LooseitApril
    Options
    Feel free to look at mine. I'm eating a little heavier now because I workout, but if I wasn't working out in order to stick to a 1200-1400 cal diet, I would cut out all the seeds and nuts that I eat and that will usually drop me down. Everything else in my diet can stay and I would within range without working out.
  • TrailRunner61
    TrailRunner61 Posts: 2,505 Member
    Options
    On days that I don't workout, which is rare, I eat 1200-1400. It's not that hard, but I'm a small person.

Breakfast is coffee with creamer, steel cut oats with fresh berries or a 2-3 egg veggie omelet.

Lunch is a turkey or chicken (only grilled) sandwich made with 35 calorie per slice bread, romaine lettuce, tomato and mustard. I'll also have a cup or 2 of veggies either plain or with some light ranch dressing.

Dinner, any 4 oz lean cut of meat, grilled or baked, 1 1/2 cups of veggies and/or a sweet potato and/or brown rice.

Snacks, if I want one, are cottage cheese, apples, nuts, low fat greek yogurt or popcorn.

On the days I work out, I'll eat 1500-1600 cals.
  • ehimass
    ehimass Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    Mine is a little over 1400 most days. I spend weeks at a time away from home so I have to eat a lot of restaurant food and sodium becomes a concern, but I try to make 1500 my upper limit.
  • Siege_Tank
    Siege_Tank Posts: 781 Member
    Options
    Be very careful of trying to make any suggestions or trying to be helpful, lest some big person like the above Mr Tank send you a nasty message, accusing you of being this and that, and totally missing the point of your intentions. Guess he was too gutless to post in in public, lest my friends tell him how totally wrong he is about my personality and intentions.

I see nothing wrong with what you said he sounds like he is the one with issues lol

Her first post was deleted by mods because it was hijacking. This is not a thread where the eat more crowd gets an open invitation to tell us all how we are doing it wrong, and I told you as much in a message to you, instead of starting a disagreement in this thread.

The fact that your first post here was removed is all the proof I need that you're the one who's holier than thou / preachy "you're eating too little, do you know what you're doing to yourself?" is inappropriate.

My message to you was neither nasty, confrontational, nor rude. I simply spoke up and called you rude for you comments. Keep the EM2WL cheer-leading in the EM2WL group. Please.
  • christianteach
    christianteach Posts: 593 Member
    Options
    I think my diary is open. My goal is 1220. Today is very unusual...don't normally have the wine.
  • brennamurphy42
    Options
    I'm at 1200 and I usually don't have problems with it. I'm a very picky eater, so I tend to eat the same things over and over. I often make my own quesedillas or sandwiches at home. Wheat pasta is also common in my diary. I eat a ton of fresh fruit and I usually eat microwave meals (from Lean Cuisine or Healthy Choice) for lunch. I usually start my day with homemade oatmeal or Nutrigrain frozen waffles.

Clearly I eat a lot of carbs, which is difficult for me to change, since I am such a picky eater. But since I stick to wheat bread and wheat pasta (among other complex carbs), it usually isn't a big deal for me.

My workouts check in at around 400 calories each, which helps with the 1200 diet, but with what I eat, I wouldn't have many problems even if I didn't work out every day.

My diary is open, feel free to check it out!
  • Mborroto25
    Mborroto25 Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    Bump