Fitbit one vs Jawbone UP

2»

Replies

• TammTammS
    TammTammS Posts: 55 Member
    I have the fitbit ultra.....its old but works great....i clip it to the middle of my bra and it has never come loose. Only down side is they say its not waterproof but lucky for me i haven't washed it yet
  • haidos
    haidos Posts: 69
    I've been looking into getting a gadget like these too but i'm stuck between the jawbone UP and the fitbit FLEX.

They are both wristbands which is fairly high on my list.

from looking at reveiws and such the Jawbone app is aesthetically more pleasing and easier to navigate and more detailed with regard to sleep, although I can't imagine the fitbit being too complicated.

However the flex doesn't need to be taken off to sync. This may sway me because i'm terrible at leaving things plugged in and walking off.

As of yet i'm still undecided and am finding this thread fascinating.
  • RetiredAndLovingIt
    RetiredAndLovingIt Posts: 1,394 Member
    I have The Fitbit one & I think it does a good job counting steps when I am mowing the lawn holding onto the handle of the mower. Also I think the holder for it seems to hold it pretty securely. It is a tiny little thing without the holder tho! My only complaint is that "I surely burn more calories than it tells me that I do"! Lol
  • I have the fitbit flex and absolutely love it!! I have not had the problems of not having my steps counted when my arm wasn't moving but i have heard that was a problem. But otherwise couldn't be happier. My only complaint is you can't see your steps on the device itself you have to look at your phone or the computer but otherwise I love it!!
  • luckydays27
    luckydays27 Posts: 552 Member
    I am a big fitbit lover, but, we seem to have a problem with losing them. I believe it is poor design, unfortunately. We are down to our last two (one Ultra and one One). The Ultra we have had to "rig" up with a strap for extra support not to lose it. The One I lost today and it was clipped to the middle of my bra!! I lost it less than a week ago, but, was able to find it. That time it was clipped on the outside of my bra. It's a miracle that we rewalked the route and found it. My dh lost the inside part of his a week ago, but, we were able to find it in Pep Boys parking lot a day later. He was there doing some shopping, and I guess the box caught onto it, and the inside portion came out. Do some googling and research before making a decision. I LOVE fitbit, but, imo, they have not perfected it. It has been a huge motivator.

Marie

I clip mine to the middle of my bra facing inward so it is between my skin and my bra. Its not possible to fall out as its wedged in nice and good.