Women - where did you get your favorite swimsuit??

Options

Replies

• carolemorden9
    carolemorden9 Posts: 284 Member
    Options
    I have way more swimsuits than I need, because I end up buying them on vacation instead of packing them with me.

Some faves come from J Crew, American Apparel (cheep cheep!), Speedo, and Calvin Klein. I have a few less familiar brands too, but these are good.

A note on tankinis: generally a bad idea unless you have a very trim midsection. They are not flattering on most women who have a body fat percentage above 19%, in my opinion.

I like my tankini, and I'm pretty big. I think they look better on me than a one piece, and it's so much easier to go to the bathroom. I tend to go with a boycut bottom too.
  • honeysprinkles
    honeysprinkles Posts: 1,757 Member
    Options
    I just got a cute one from Victoria's Secret and Target always has a lot of cute ones (and they're a little cheaper)!
  • AggieFan2011
    AggieFan2011 Posts: 551 Member
    Options
    I got my favorite one at Macy's. It was a little pricey so I just bought the top there and found some black bottoms at Target which were much cheaper, but they have a brand Coco Reef that goes by bra size which is really nice if you're well endowed up top like I am. Haha Target has tons of cute swimsuits too though that are pretty cheap! That's where I used to buy all of mine before I gained the weight.

Have fun on your trip! :smile:
  • ziggiezambi
    ziggiezambi Posts: 253
    Options
    My fave cost around $20 got it at a lil shop at the beach. :) Some of them are really good. :D
  • honeysprinkles
    Options
    I have way more swimsuits than I need, because I end up buying them on vacation instead of packing them with me.

Some faves come from J Crew, American Apparel (cheep cheep!), Speedo, and Calvin Klein. I have a few less familiar brands too, but these are good.

A note on tankinis: generally a bad idea unless you have a very trim midsection. They are not flattering on most women who have a body fat percentage above 19%, in my opinion.
    that's oddly specific...my body fat is above 19% and my stomach would look flat in a tankini. I don't like them really, but I think they look fine on other people of all sizes!
  • staceypunk
    staceypunk Posts: 921 Member
    Options
    Venus. I have suits that are 10 years old. They hold up better than anything I've ever bought. Plus you can get them in bra sizes which ROCKS! They do run a bit small though. I am C but I buy their D cup tops

I'm curious how the sizing works. Because when I checked, it only had cup size, but not band size.

I've always wondered about Venus bathing suits, but never actually ordered from them. Will check them out again :)
  • UnwrappingCandy
    UnwrappingCandy Posts: 418 Member
    Options
    I don't have one yet, and won't for a long time. If I had one now it would have to be custom made from an elephant skin or something. I would love to have something similar to this one though once I can actually wear it well. It's by Dolce & Gabbana.

10320836_1653668_400.jpg
  • honeysprinkles
    Options
    I don't have one yet, and won't for a long time. If I had one now it would have to be custom made from an elephant skin or something. I would love to have something similar to this one though once I can actually wear it well. It's by Dolce & Gabbana.

that's really cute!
  • heywithers
    heywithers Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    i am having the hardest time finding a swimsuit for my body!! i don't want to order online because i want to try it on. I need a one piece with underwire and no deep plunges OH and doesnt cost 150.00 dollars are you freaking kidding me?? it's like i am being punished for having big boobs
  • hellokittymaui
    hellokittymaui Posts: 226 Member
    Options
    I actually got the pink one I'm wearing in my profile pic from Old Navy.

But I live in Hawaii.... you can basically buy a swimsuit anywhere here! Gas station, side of the road....
  • InnerConflict
    InnerConflict Posts: 1,592 Member
    Options
    Target! Always Target. Recently bought a new one for this summer, as last year's were literally falling off. NSV! :)

Pics or it didn't happen
  • ab_shutterbug
    ab_shutterbug Posts: 203 Member
    Options
    Thrift shop - retro, hippy used clothing store. Found a very cute one-piece with halter top. I like it better than the expensive Victoria Secret bikini I just bought!
  • _Krys10_
    _Krys10_ Posts: 1,234 Member
    Options
    Venus, VS or J Crew is usually my go to places.
  • honeysprinkles
    Options
    i am having the hardest time finding a swimsuit for my body!! i don't want to order online because i want to try it on. I need a one piece with underwire and no deep plunges OH and doesnt cost 150.00 dollars are you freaking kidding me?? it's like i am being punished for having big boobs
    I know a lot of people complain about their boobs getting smaller after weight loss, but I am actually really happy about it! I used to have such a hard time finding a bathing suit top that fit, now it's so much easier!
  • heywithers
    heywithers Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    I know a lot of people complain about their boobs getting smaller after weight loss, but I am actually really happy about it! I used to have such a hard time finding a bathing suit top that fit, now it's so much easier!

yeah mine have went down some but still a DD! i'm with you, I actually don't really dig big breasts, i can't wear a lot of types of clothing that i realllly want :(
  • 2stepscloser
    2stepscloser Posts: 2,900 Member
    Options
    Lands End. The quality is good and I like the mix and match separates.
  • iastate24
    iastate24 Posts: 8
    Options
    Recently bought two new swimsuits from Adrenes for $20.00 each and they have replaced my old favorite from Victoria's Secret which was $90.00.

I just about spent $100 on some new VS swimsuits, thank you for posting the Adrene website!! These suits are really cute. Are they pretty well made for being so cheap?
  • butterflyluv1218
    Options
    Surprisingly enough at Walmart.com..It is one of those retro Marilyn Monroe types and is very flattering and cute. I think it was only like 30 bucks to boot!
  • Lonarae12
    Lonarae12 Posts: 10
    Options
    Am I the only one who loves the swimsuits that Target has??? lol! Affordable and cute!
  • xxghost
    xxghost Posts: 4,697 Member
    Options
    Lane Bryant! It looks just like this, but in light purple.
    marilyn-monroe-swimsuit-1.jpg