Starting Insanity on Monday June 3rd

Options

Replies

• ellew70
    ellew70 Posts: 222 Member
    Options
    I just got Insanity as a gift. No idea where it was ordered from. I am starting June 4 (I want my off day to be Monday not Sunday).

1. I usually workout at home barefoot. That okay or should I be wearing sneakers for these workouts?

2. Does the program include a warm-up or just launch right in assuming you have warmed up on your own? If on your own any suggested warm-ups?

Would like to join the group on MFP if there is room.

I wear my cross trainers for all but the final stretch and for cardio recovery day. I tried to do them without shoes, but there are so many hi impact power moves that I felt like I was getting shin splints. If you have strong ankles, calves and kness, you might be okay.

And no need for a separate warmup as other mention
  • mkkd
    mkkd Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I am thinking about doing the insanity workout as well. I am just a tad bit nervous about it and am curious to know how it is for real people not just those in the commercials. I plan to start it in the next couple of weeks. Let me know what you think of it - is it worth the purchase?
    Thanks.
  • ajdii
    ajdii Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    I am in week 4 of Insanity and would love to have some friends in a group that are into Insanity =)
  • teamryan90
    teamryan90 Posts: 359 Member
    Options
    I am thinking about doing the insanity workout as well. I am just a tad bit nervous about it and am curious to know how it is for real people not just those in the commercials. I plan to start it in the next couple of weeks. Let me know what you think of it - is it worth the purchase?
    Thanks.
    Given that he's a Beachbody coach--which means he makes money selling Beachbody products, I'm pretty sure he will recommend it. You may have noticed he's forwarded everyone to his facebook page because he isn't allowed to advertise or sell on mfp.

My advice is to read as many reviews as you can, there are a lot on here if you use the search function and you can also read a ton on amazon.

Amy,

I would never recommend a product that I have no knowledge about. I have many friends doing Insanity with great results. I did not become a coach to make money and I do not advertise on Facebook or here on MFP. I use Facebook for motivation and support. I post pictures and motivational slogans. I did not become a coach to make money. I became a coach to help others achieve their fitness and health goals. Over 95% of the people in my groups already own the product and I am not their coach so there is no money to be made. I also became a coach because I believe in Beachbody products and they work. P90X has great results for me.

There is no greater feeling in the world then having someone say to me "Because of you and your support I have lost almost 100 pounds", "Because of you I feel good about myself for the first time in over 20 years" , "Because of you I am healthy again and I am going to live longer" , "Because of you I will see my grandson graduate, I was on the path to another heart attack from being overweight" "Because of you I love myself again". That is why I am a Coach.

Next time please think before you open up your mouth and say crap about why I use Facebook and saying that I would recommend products just because I am a Coach. You know nothing about me at all. I am not going to recommend a product to someone I do not know anything about. There are many factors to consider before recommending a product such as: current fitness level, any health issues, current weight, what the persons goals are, why they want to try it.
  • vhuber
    vhuber Posts: 8,779 Member
    Options
    I would like to join this insane group.
    I am not a member on facebook & have NO plans to ever be one! All my postings will be from mfp.
    I have done P90X, Insanity, Chalene Xtreme, Turbo Fire, Jillian Michaels Body Revolution all with breaks in between & some with 2 or 3 rounds! I am a fitness fanatic even at age 54! Insanity is just that.. INSANE!!! I love it BUT it is EXTREMELY hard on my back. I see my chiro twice a week while doing this series!! He is now doing this workout & understands why I visited him so frequently!
    Will June 3rd be the fitness test or the actual workout day for everybody?
  • Scarlett1joshua1
    Options
    HI, Im starting insanity on 3rd! Can you get Shakeology in the UK, and the results and recovery formula? if so, where from?

Thanks x
  • christinaar821
    christinaar821 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    This is awesome! I plan on starting INsantiy on Monday! A team for support would be great! ADD ME :)
  • robpbeachbod
    Options
    Just go on google and do an Insanity before and after image search - or go to teambeachbody.com and have a look. I can tell you theres MANY ppl on here that have had huge results - wether they are coaches or not.
  • chris_sy
    chris_sy Posts: 214 Member
    Options
    Hello everybody, I finished my first complete round of P90X a month ago and would love to join your Insanity group. I did some of the workouts - just to get a first peek - and I am planning to complete round soon. Would love to join your group for support and accountability. Have a great weekend!
  • NomadicFlame
    Options
    Day 8 of Insanity done.... wiped, but I did it.
  • JonathanBB
    JonathanBB Posts: 252 Member
    Options
    Couldn't wait and took the Fit Test today. Wow. It was challenging. Dripping sweat by the end. Some of the moves, okay most of the moves, I hadn't done before, so that threw me a little. Felt great.

Switch Kicks: 68
    Power Jacks: 45
    Power Knees: 60
    Power Jumps: 29
    Globe Jumps: 6
    Suicide Jumps: 15
    Push-up Jacks: 20
    Low Plank Obliques: 15

5' 10"
    163 pounds
    Body fat % 28.08 ??
    Chest 40
    Waist (belly button) 37
    Hips 39
    L Thigh 22
    R Thigh 22
    L Calf 14.5
    R Calf 14.5
  • teamryan90
    Options
    Couldn't wait and took the Fit Test today. Wow. It was challenging. Dripping sweat by the end. Some of the moves, okay most of the moves, I hadn't done before, so that threw me a little. Felt great.

Switch Kicks: 68
    Power Jacks: 45
    Power Knees: 60
    Power Jumps: 29
    Globe Jumps: 6
    Suicide Jumps: 15
    Push-up Jacks: 20
    Low Plank Obliques: 15

5' 10"
    163 pounds
    Body fat % 28.08 ??
    Chest 40
    Waist (belly button) 37
    Hips 39
    L Thigh 22
    R Thigh 22
    L Calf 14.5
    R Calf 14.5

Great job. 2 days until my fit test. I am looking forward to it.
  • alexsandstrom1982
    Options
    It is awesome that you are doing this group. I am so motivated already. Thanks for the adds to both groups.
  • teamryan90
    Options
    I have added all that have requested.

If anyone else is interested let me know. It does not matter what day you are on.

Thanks
    Ryan
  • Sjg5103
    Sjg5103 Posts: 1
    Options
    Just started yesterday! Would love motivation for the first time through this intense workout!
  • Tflowers34907
    Tflowers34907 Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    I'm starting today! I'm nervous because I only made it 4 days the first time I tried the program. I hope I am able to complete the full 63 days this time. Are there other beginners in this group...?
  • teamryan90
    Options
    I'm starting today! I'm nervous because I only made it 4 days the first time I tried the program. I hope I am able to complete the full 63 days this time. Are there other beginners in this group...?

Hi and yes there are. It will be the first time for many in my groups. You are welcome to join both groups if you want.
  • beckyyates
    beckyyates Posts: 85
    Options
    I am so excited about starting tomorrow. I talked to a few other ladies and men starting tomorrow too. This is just great that we can experience the same challenges together and share our workouts with each other. Thanks a lot again.

You are inspirational to us all.
  • CCajina
    CCajina Posts: 11
    Options
    Good luck to everyone starting tomorrow!
    I'm getting ramped up week 2 tomorrow.

Joining the group for sure. Can't wait to stay motivated with you guys!
  • teamryan90
    Options
    I would like to join this insane group.
    I am not a member on facebook & have NO plans to ever be one! All my postings will be from mfp.
    I have done P90X, Insanity, Chalene Xtreme, Turbo Fire, Jillian Michaels Body Revolution all with breaks in between & some with 2 or 3 rounds! I am a fitness fanatic even at age 54! Insanity is just that.. INSANE!!! I love it BUT it is EXTREMELY hard on my back. I see my chiro twice a week while doing this series!! He is now doing this workout & understands why I visited him so frequently!
    Will June 3rd be the fitness test or the actual workout day for everybody?

June 3rd will be fit test for me. Some are swapping workouts on different days. My goal is to follow the workout calendar.