Feeling angry since I started hardcore Dieting

Options
I am not sure what to do! I have been up and down dieting and I have never had this problem. In the past almost 2 weeks I have really gone hard on my eating habits! Watching what I am eating and how much I am eating! But in the past 5 days I have been VERY touchy, cranky, angry, and violent feeling. Also getting dizzy spells. I know it has nothing to do with my menstrual cycle. I have talked to a few people and they said it is just the bodies reaction. Is this true? Or is there something else going on? I have talked to my doctor about losing weight, and how hard it is for me. So he is doing blood work testing different things like Blood sugar, thyroid, ect. I find all that out in a few days! But this is bothering me, I don't like feeling like this! I could use any thoughts at this point!! Thank You

Replies

• MagicalLeopleurodon
    MagicalLeopleurodon Posts: 623 Member
    Options
    I get mean when my blood sugar gets too low.
  • Maaike84
    Maaike84 Posts: 211 Member
    Options
    Why do you think there's so many fights on America's Next Top Model? Being hungry makes you angry!! Well, at least it does for me, my boyfriend can attest to the fact that I need to be fed on time :) A part of it could be adjusting to your new diet, certainly, but do make sure you don't skip meals and are eating at regular intervals - this helps a LOT with me!
  • peopletalk
    peopletalk Posts: 519 Member
    Options
    i get grumpy when i deprive myself.

how many calories are you eating a day? also, don't cut out everything you love, because you'll start resenting everything, and hating this change. you have to still enjoy some things once in awhile. don't deprive yourself.
  • wilsoje74
    wilsoje74 Posts: 1,720 Member
    Options
    Why are you hardcore dieting? Eat within your calories and exercise. You don't have to be hardcore!!
  • ValerieMartini2Olives
    ValerieMartini2Olives Posts: 3,024 Member
    Options
    Everyone wants to start out all RAWRRR! HARDCORRRREEEEEEE! You're setting yourself up for failure. Start slow. Eat a lot of healthy stuff. Stay committed. That's it.
  • lcfairbairn74
    lcfairbairn74 Posts: 412 Member
    Options
    i get grumpy when i deprive myself.

how many calories are you eating a day? also, don't cut out everything you love, because you'll start resenting everything, and hating this change. you have to still enjoy some things once in awhile. don't deprive yourself.

I agree with this. Are you eating enough? You sound the way I felt when I dropped my calories too low (accidentally, I didn't realise you were meant to eat back your exercise calories at first).
  • Natdogg37
    Natdogg37 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    I am grumpy when my blood sugar is low......just stick with t and it will get easier!!!
  • jzammetti
    jzammetti Posts: 1,956 Member
    Options
    When I experienced that I started to eat more and it went away. MFPers call it Hangry... How much do you eat each day?
  • MyChocolateDiet
    MyChocolateDiet Posts: 22,281 Member
    Options
    Quit your diet before you kill someone, or make an *kitten* of yourself. Eat half of restaurant portions unless you are ordering off the "light" menu for the next 2 days. This will give you time to look at the different plans people on here have found easy and useful and most of all TOLERABLE for losing weight.

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/blog/Robin_Bin

Then start back monday feeling releived from having eaten decently and excited by having chosen a real plan that YOU chose that will work for simply because YOU are on board with it, and you know what you can handle. Good luck, you got this :flowerforyou:
  • MysticRealm
    MysticRealm Posts: 1,264 Member
    Options
    SOunds like you are not eating enough
  • PikaKnight
    PikaKnight Posts: 34,971 Member
    Options
    I'd stop dieting and instead learn how to eat (portion control, etc) - the whole lifestyle change idea. Otherwise, you are going to be even more mad when you rage quit and gain back everything you managed to lose
  • beautifulmama11
    Options
    I am eating almost 1,500 calories a day! I have my breakfast shake in the morning, small snack between, Lunch is normally a apple with cream cheese dip and a CarbMaster or lite yogurt, a snack between and then dinner. I know I am getting food. But I have cut things down from what I use to eat I bet I use to eat over 3,000 calories not even thinks about it!!
  • anxietygirl
    anxietygirl Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    That sounds like maybe most of your calories are at dinner? So your blood sugar may still be dipping in-between. I know if I ate an apple and some cream cheese for lunch I'd be about to choke every person I saw by the time I ate dinner at 6 pm, haha.

What are your snacks/your average dinners? It may be more about needing to space your calorie-intake out than the actual number of calories per day.
  • HollisGrant
    HollisGrant Posts: 2,022 Member
    Options
    I am eating almost 1,500 calories a day! I have my breakfast shake in the morning, small snack between, Lunch is normally a apple with cream cheese dip and a CarbMaster or lite yogurt, a snack between and then dinner. I know I am getting food. But I have cut things down from what I use to eat I bet I use to eat over 3,000 calories not even thinks about it!!

You might be eating enough calories, but you aren't full, so you're hungry. Eat vegetables. Broccoli has only 30 calories a cup and will fill you up. Yogurt just doesn't cut it as far as doing away with hunger. Also, if you try to cut down on sugar, some of your cravings should go away.
  • vet272
    vet272 Posts: 183
    Options
    I ate my calorie range and was still getting headaches and a dizzy feeling which I'd never had before. Turns out I wasn't eating enough carbs. Readjusted the plan and getting enough carbs and still within my range. Feeling super fab!
  • beautifulmama11
    Options
    That sounds like maybe most of your calories are at dinner? So your blood sugar may still be dipping in-between. I know if I ate an apple and some cream cheese for lunch I'd be about to choke every person I saw by the time I ate dinner at 6 pm, haha.

What are your snacks/your average dinners? It may be more about needing to space your calorie-intake out than the actual number of calories per day.

My snacks are like a yogurt, fruit, or few chips with salsa or something like that. My dinners normally do have the most calories. The my main cooked meal of the day for my household!
  • anxietygirl
    anxietygirl Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    Yeah, that's how I was, too. The reason I brought it up is that I had a similar problem about a year ago last time I tried to lose weight - which is what ended up derailing me - and I've so far avoided it this time by trying to spread my calorie-intake out as evenly as possible over the course of the whole day. The commenter above me may have a good point, too! Did you basically cut carbs out entirely?
  • eric_sg61
    eric_sg61 Posts: 2,925 Member
    Options
    This is the perfect example of why eating multiple small meals a day doesn't work for most people. Your basically snacking all day and it is triggering hunger.
  • Garlicmash
    Garlicmash Posts: 208
    Options
    low blood sugar makes me ill,low calcium makes me crazy and snappy have you checked the calcium level out.
    If mine is low for a few months the nasty woman who snaps at the slightest thing appears so I try to take the right level of calcium tablets to try to control the pms.

oh saying all that cause you mentioned you're cycle but just say the calories you say you eat. i too become snappy and alot of ppl i know do when their hungry and not eating enough
  • TheShrinkingKween
    TheShrinkingKween Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    PROTEIN! It looks like you aren't getting any, or if any, very little. Protein sticks with you and keeps you full. Like someone else said... you are basically just snacking all day, and you are snacking on little things that aren't very filling. Try some eggs and bacon for breakfast instead of a shake. Have some turkey or chicken with veggies for lunch. I bet if you just use those breakfast and lunch calories a little differently, you will see a big difference!