Replies

• ohthatbambi
    ohthatbambi Posts: 1,098 Member
    Options
    Monday-19.7
    Tuesday-15.8, plus yoga and strength training
    Weds-13.5
    Thursday-15

We got our son a mtn. bike for his bday. It is his first bike that changes gears. The guys at the bike shop suggested a mtn. bike over a street bike b/c they are a bit tougher and boys can be rough on those things. We spent a little extra and got a Raleigh. He rode about three miles with us tonight and he had the best time. Next week I am going to take him over to a state park and we are going to bike some of the trails. He is so excited and so am I.
  • stschulz
    stschulz Posts: 340
    Options
    That is really a great way to spend time with your son Bamboo. I hope you two have many miles of happy riding together.
  • stschulz
    Options
    Shorerider if you don't take it easy you'll end up as the Lance Armstrong in this forum!:wink:
    I think for you we have to create a thread "How many break's do you teake between rides?":wink:
  • shorerider
    shorerider Posts: 3,817 Member
    Options
    Shorerider if you don't take it easy you'll end up as the Lance Armstrong in this forum!:wink:
    I think for you we have to create a thread "How many break's do you teake between rides?":wink:

LOL--that will never happen.

I'm not riding today at all--it's 6 am and already 78 degrees here! but I'm going to get talk to the gym today about joining so I'll have something to do on off-bike days! YEA!!
  • stschulz
    Options
    Well then I can go to sleep now knowing that you ARE a reasonable person:wink:
    I thought so.
  • ohthatbambi
    Options
    Did 15 today. First three I did with my almost 10 year old son. We didn't go super fast, but my HR was up anyway b/c he made me so dang nervous!!

Monday-19.7
    Tuesday-15.8, plus yoga and strength training
    Weds-13.5
    Thursday-15
    Friday-15
  • shorerider
    shorerider Posts: 3,817 Member
    Options
    Went to my new gym for the first time today and they have these virtual bikes. They're just like real bikes, pedal toe cages and all, and have a little screen on the handlebars. YOu pick your ride from the selection and then it's like you're riding with a group! there's a pace guy, too, and you can set high fast he goes. Hills and everything--different scenery, even turn the handlebars just like on a real bike to stay on course! Great fun!

I did 10 miles on it and was sweating like I couldn't believe! Are we counting exercise bike miles? If so, that gives me 86 for the week.
  • jadaigle
    jadaigle Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    Tuesday 5.3
    Thursday 24.4 (trainer)
    Today 34.4

64.1 this week.
  • ohthatbambi
    Options
    Did 23.1 with hubby this morning!!

Monday-19.7