Formally 'fat girl' look...

Options

Replies

• whierd
    whierd Posts: 14,026 Member
    Options
    Wow, that's such a rude thing to say.

So...you want to lose weight to 'look good'? And not look 'fat'? What about worrying about your health and doing it for your future, for your lungs, for your heart, for your kids?

If you have kids, I really hope you do not project these kind of hateful things to them. Who cares if those females you mentioned have rounder faces. It's genetics. It's bone structure. It's not a big deal! Shallow!

I am losing weight to look good.
  • MyChocolateDiet
    MyChocolateDiet Posts: 22,281 Member
    Options
    june 1st profile, no pics, no profile writing...troll.
  • Otterluv
    Otterluv Posts: 9,083 Member
    Options
    QYQtMjo.gif

Seriously, OP? I have no flipping idea what you are talking about. Jennifer H is HAWT, there are tons of "formerly fat" women on MFP who look amazing. If you can get half as attractive as they are, you'd call it a victory.

Judging attitude aside, you are majorly putting the cart before the horse.
  • watermillion
    watermillion Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    I want my body to look like Kelly Rowland's. She is naturally thin and lean. I don't want the skinnyfat look

You will only look like Kelly Rowland if you have the same body type as she does. If you don't, there is nothing that you can do to change that. Learn to love your body for what it is.
    You're right. I just want that very toned and lean look that Kelly Rowland and Rihanna have. You can tell they are naturally skinny women.
  • Velum_cado
    Velum_cado Posts: 1,608 Member
    Options
    I have this really pretty black dress that I wear when I want that "formally fat girl look". I also like to go with an updo and some sparkly jewellery. I don't do heels, though.
  • Velum_cado
    Velum_cado Posts: 1,608 Member
    Options
    Wow, that's such a rude thing to say.

So...you want to lose weight to 'look good'? And not look 'fat'? What about worrying about your health and doing it for your future, for your lungs, for your heart, for your kids?

If you have kids, I really hope you do not project these kind of hateful things to them. Who cares if those females you mentioned have rounder faces. It's genetics. It's bone structure. It's not a big deal! Shallow!

"To look good" is a legit reason. Did you decide to lose weight so your high horse wouldn't struggle so much?
  • whierd
    Options
    I want my body to look like Kelly Rowland's. She is naturally thin and lean. I don't want the skinnyfat look

You will only look like Kelly Rowland if you have the same body type as she does. If you don't, there is nothing that you can do to change that. Learn to love your body for what it is.
    You're right. I just want that very toned and lean look that Kelly Rowland and Rihanna have. You can tell they are naturally skinny women.

Yes, and if you are here trying to lose weight, I'm assuming that you are not naturally thin.
  • watermillion
    Options

Yes, and if you are here trying to lose weight, I'm assuming that you are not naturally thin.

I'm 5'8 and 160lbs. I used to be slimmer a few years ago but gained the weight due to depression. I just want my body to be very toned when I get down to 135lbs again.
  • MyChocolateDiet
    MyChocolateDiet Posts: 22,281 Member
    Options
    Ok might as well make good use out of this thread. For anyone who does have a round face or square jaw and is not a b!tch, certain hairstyles and make up tricks can make a difference.

Not as much as diet and exercise, but a little and so just google contouring, bronzer, illuminators, highlighters etc for the make up tricks. Eyebrows that are more angular look better on ladies with round faces while rounded brows look better on those with more angular facial structure.

For the hairstyles seek a stylist that will give you a consult before the cut and tell them what parts you are uncomfortable about or just ask them what would be most flattering for your face shape, etc. Sometimes they can put layers in the right places to highlight your cheekbones, sideswept bangs make it less round, highlights on the hair in certain places near the face can draw the eye up to your eye area rather than an area you're not happy with like cheeks or chin. Also layers can be cut that will land in the right place to swing to cover the chin a little if you feel like it's not making you happy like mine never is even when I'm thin. NObody notices it but me, but yeah still. Good layers can make you look perky and fresh or can overexpose a problem area if cut at a level that reveals it. Get a good stylist, get some good make up techniques, that way even if you end up still having a round face when you're all thin *smh* you can still know some techniques to make you look your best.
  • jamk1446
    jamk1446 Posts: 5,577 Member
    Options
    Nice to see you're not judging.

Kelly Osbourne looks that way because of her facial structure. She has a wide jawbone which gives her face and head a larger, chubby look. And that is fine, varying looks is not a bad thing.

As far as Jennifer Hudson goes, I've no idea what you're talking about.

If you're not naturally slim, you're not going to look naturally slim. And looking like they do is a hell of a lot better than looking fat, in my opinion.

I like you.
  • Livylove90
    Livylove90 Posts: 14
    Options
    QYQtMjo.gif

Seriously, OP? I have no flipping idea what you are talking about. Jennifer H is HAWT, there are tons of "formerly fat" women on MFP who look amazing. If you can get half as attractive as they are, you'd call it a victory.

Judging attitude aside, you are majorly putting the cart before the horse.
    Agreed!

and I love your gif, lol got stuck looking at that beautiful face for a few seconds there lol.
  • nxd10
    nxd10 Posts: 4,570 Member
    Options
    snark snark snark

What does it mean to be 'naturally thin'? As far as I can tell every 'naturally slim' woman you're talking about is working her fanny off to get that buff athletic look.

Otherwise people say they look 'skinny fat'.

Based on how I looked in high school, I'm naturally slim too. 35 years later, I had to drop 35 pounds on MFP to look skinny fat. When I finish swimming and exercising this summer, maybe I'll look naturally slim again.

My sister was naturally skinny. She now weighs 300 pounds.

We look how we look because of genetic body, what we eat, and how much we work at it. None of that is 'natural' except genetics. And exercise and eating run over that like a truck.
  • whierd
    Options
    Nice to see you're not judging.

Kelly Osbourne looks that way because of her facial structure. She has a wide jawbone which gives her face and head a larger, chubby look. And that is fine, varying looks is not a bad thing.

As far as Jennifer Hudson goes, I've no idea what you're talking about.

If you're not naturally slim, you're not going to look naturally slim. And looking like they do is a hell of a lot better than looking fat, in my opinion.

I like you.

How YOU doin?
  • whierd
    Options
    snark snark snark

Such insight!!
  • Annerk1
    Annerk1 Posts: 372 Member
    Options

I'm 5'8 and 160lbs. I used to be slimmer a few years ago but gained the weight due to depression. I just want my body to be very toned when I get down to 135lbs again.

Then you need to worry more about body fat ratios than pounds. Rihanna is probably about an 18% body fat ratio. She's actually thinner up-close in person than in photos.
  • watermillion
    Options

Then you need to worry more about body fat ratios than pounds. Rihanna is probably about an 18% body fat ratio. She's actually thinner up-close in person than in photos.

do I need to buy a body fat calculator ?
  • Rosa1213
    Rosa1213 Posts: 456 Member
    Options
    I have this really pretty black dress that I wear when I want that "formally fat girl look". I also like to go with an updo and some sparkly jewellery. I don't do heels, though.
    What?! No heels? Girl, they make my tush look firmer, so I love heels when I want the "formally fat girl" look.

I don't want to be "casually fat". That's just unattractive. Formal is the way to go!!

:laugh:
  • starfish1783
    starfish1783 Posts: 120
    Options
    images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRjmLF1JrOOIVK2iz0Jza8bgGLuuZQavACSbZ7HzcYGfxzfCybOxQ Am I late to the party? I heard it was a formal affair.

^^^ bwahahahaha!!! LOVE this! Kudos. :wink:
  • mmddwechanged
    mmddwechanged Posts: 1,688 Member
    Options
    What?! No heels? Girl, they make my tush look firmer, so I love heels when I want the "formally fat girl" look.

I don't want to be "casually fat". That's just unattractive. Formal is the way to go!!

:laugh:

Lol! The reason I never got head shrinking plastic surgery is because I too prefer the formally fat girl look. BTW: Matching accessories and extra make-up are a must!
  • vivele8
    vivele8 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    formerly?

as for formally i dont think i'd ever seen kelly osbourne in formal attire when she was heavier. but in general i suppose the formal fat girl look is just as horrid as the formal skinny girl look which is pretty much badly designed ill-fitting dresses and generic satin shoes that are dyed to whatever horrendous shade the dress is in

Hahaha! What she said!