Specific foods do NOT make you gain weight

Options
124»

Replies

• RoboGal12
    RoboGal12 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    this thread had great potential, but there are always skeptics who don't get it :grumble:

....Or just some people who HAVE tried the whole portion control / calorie counting thing, with no success (attempted for ~5 months myself). And instead found an alternative that works for THEM. Who cares what others do for themselves?! Why is it anyone's business? Aside from needing a way to express some holier-than-thou opinion of those who "don't get it?"
  • brower47
    brower47 Posts: 16,356 Member
    Options
  • brower47
    brower47 Posts: 16,356 Member
    Options
    this thread had great potential, but there are always skeptics who don't get it :grumble:

....Or just some people who HAVE tried the whole portion control / calorie counting thing, with no success (attempted for ~5 months myself). And instead found an alternative that works for THEM. Who cares what others do for themselves?! Why is it anyone's business? Aside from needing a way to express some holier-than-thou opinion of those who "don't get it?"

Please realize that this is directed at the millions of people that do not have a metabolic medical condition. It is for those that have an average physiological response to food but think any of the following:

They can eat as much of something as they like as long as it's low fat

It's bad if it's made with refined white sugar but brown sugar is ok.

They can eat as many of their home baked cookies as they like since they substituted apple sauce for the oil and wheat flour for the bleached flower.

They can't eat corn on the cob anymore (but they all were munching on the 'recipe modified' chocolate chip cookies one of them brought in.

Etc, etc etc

I heard all of this just today but I'm guessing that not all of these people have your specific, specialized issues. Never once did any of them mention that they needed to EAT LESS. Instead they only talked about substituting one item for another. That is who this thread is for.