Do you take naps?

Options
Serious question...on the weekends, I get quite a bit done during the day, but sometimes I find that I'll take a nap and sleep a couple of hours. When I do, it pretty much ruins my whole day because after the nap I tend to be less motivated. Does anyone else have this issue? If you do take a nap, how long do you take a nap?

Replies

• brower47
    brower47 Posts: 16,356 Member
    Options
    If I take a long nap on the weekend, longer than 30 mins, then I wake up out of it. If I take a short 15-30 min one, I feel refreshed.
  • johnglenn1973
    Options
    If I take a long nap on the weekend, longer than 30 mins, then I wake up out of it. If I take a short 15-30 min one, I feel refreshed.

How do you wake yourself up from sleeping 15-30 minutes...if I set alarm, I think my natural tendency to hit the snooze button kicks in :)
  • What316
    What316 Posts: 563
    Options
    Never know who takes naps hitler mmmmm think about that nappers
  • johnglenn1973
    Options
    Never know who takes naps hitler mmmmm think about that nappers

Interesting...wonder how history would be different if that MF'er did :-)
  • ScatteredThoughts
    ScatteredThoughts Posts: 3,562 Member
    Options
    I usually nap for about 45 to 60 minutes on weekends.
  • jamielynas
    jamielynas Posts: 366 Member
    Options
    naps erryday!
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,874 Member
    Options
    I take naps on weekends if/when I can...which is to say rarely, but I get one in when I can. I have a 3 year old and an 11 month old, so any sleep is precious. It can be a struggle getting up from a nap, and it usually takes me about 1/2 hour or so to get my butt into gear...but once I'm up and moving around again, it's all good. I do try to make sure I've accomplished pretty much what I'm going to accomplish for a given day though before I take my nap.
  • PeanutButterLuver
    Options
    Nope!
  • gonnamakeanewaccount
    gonnamakeanewaccount Posts: 642 Member
    Options
    I rarely take naps, but when I do, I nap as long as I'd like to.
  • Lose_It_Leo
    Lose_It_Leo Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    I'm of the mind that if you have the time and your body is asking for a rest, obey. You eat when you are hungry and move when you feel like stretching your muscles... this is no different. Sleep is just as important.

I just woke from my 2 hour nap... I sleep in the middle of the day as much as I can... but not enough to make going to bed a task.
  • mikey1976
    mikey1976 Posts: 1,005 Member
    Options
    yes but only when needed
  • johnglenn1973
    Options
    I take naps on weekends if/when I can...which is to say rarely, but I get one in when I can. I have a 3 year old and an 11 month old, so any sleep is precious. It can be a struggle getting up from a nap, and it usually takes me about 1/2 hour or so to get my butt into gear...but once I'm up and moving around again, it's all good. I do try to make sure I've accomplished pretty much what I'm going to accomplish for a given day though before I take my nap.

I'm thinking this is what I need to do, unfortunately if I did that -- it would probably be 8pm...grrrr.
  • PlayerHatinDogooder
    PlayerHatinDogooder Posts: 1,018 Member
    Options
    Only if you consider passing out napping.
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,874 Member
    Options

I'm thinking this is what I need to do, unfortunately if I did that -- it would probably be 8pm...grrrr.

You just need kids to get you up at 4:00/4:30 on weekends. You can have all your **** done by like noon. I usually feel like it's dinner time by 1 or 2 in the afternoon on a weekend. LOL....
  • underwater77
    underwater77 Posts: 331 Member
    Options
    Sometimes I nap on the weekends. I pretty much slept all day yesterday - then again through the night. I must have needed it. I run on about 5-6 hours during the week and often find myself off to dreamland if I try to watch a movie or just chill on the weekend.
  • banana_butterfly
    banana_butterfly Posts: 29 Member
    Options

i feel like i pass out sometimes too. i just have no control over it, my eyes close and that's it. when i wake up, i always feel horrible though, my mouth has this terrible taste and my body feels weak and painful.
  • Mrs_Wellington
    Options
    i wish !
  • johnglenn1973
    Options

You just need kids to get you up at 4:00/4:30 on weekends. You can have all your **** done by like noon. I usually feel like it's dinner time by 1 or 2 in the afternoon on a weekend. LOL....

We have one part-time (age 3) and one on the way...guess my question will be comparable to asking how much should I spend on my second lamborghini...ridiculous :)
  • _SABOTEUR_
    _SABOTEUR_ Posts: 6,833 Member
    Options

I'm glad the rohypnol worked. I'll be over in a bit.
  • _SABOTEUR_
    _SABOTEUR_ Posts: 6,833 Member
    Options
    I nap most days because I work shifts and sometimes I'm only at home for 5 hours at night.