Thank god for The China Study

Options

Replies

• DatMurse
    DatMurse Posts: 1,501 Member
    Options
    Why do people like to argue with each other about what they eat?

Cheers to the study for trying to figure out what's healthy, but each person has to figure out for themselves what they should or shouldn't eat. My personal beliefs are not the same as all of my friends, and my metabolism is different too. Everybody's different.
    No.

http://www.bodyrecomposition.com/fat-loss/you-are-not-different.html
    how dare you. my mom said I am a snowflake. you callin my mom a liar?
  • magerum
    magerum Posts: 12,589 Member
    Options

Cheers to the study for trying to figure out what's healthy, but each person has to figure out for themselves what they should or shouldn't eat. My personal beliefs are not the same as all of my friends, and my metabolism is different too. Everybody's different.
    No.

http://www.bodyrecomposition.com/fat-loss/you-are-not-different.html
    how dare you. my mom said I am a snowflake. you callin my mom a liar?

60de01c3afe5e81849eea227acb24bbd_zps8c0fd21f.jpg
  • ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,136 Member
    Options

In...

...for a discussion of the importance and ramifications of accuracy and completeness in scientific studies and in the conclusions derived from them.

you set your expectations too high my friend....
  • alieflora172
    Options
    I read this a few years ago. Very interesting read. My family is full of cancer from all sides and knowing that my lower protein diet may help me beat getting cancer myself gives me hope!
  • Sarauk2sf
    Sarauk2sf Posts: 28,072 Member
    Options
    I read this a few years ago. Very interesting read. My family is full of cancer from all sides and knowing that my lower protein diet may help me beat getting cancer myself gives me hope!

Where did it say that in the OP?
  • DatMurse
    Options

lol?
    or maybe its demographic or a diet your family may be consuming.
    did you even read what was said? the book is horse ****
  • SideSteel
    SideSteel Posts: 11,068 Member
    Options
    The china study might suck, but vegans and vegetarians eat dem veggies and get swole.
  • DatMurse
    Options
    I would also like to add correlation does not mean causation.

but if you follow and justify the china study. then not eating meat will give have a higher risk of causing cancer than not eating meat
  • Mrsallypants
    Mrsallypants Posts: 887 Member
    Options
    I raise and butcher my own animals, like dogs and detest cats, and voted for Romney. The plant eaters loathe me.
  • AnvilHead
    AnvilHead Posts: 18,344 Member
    Options
    The china study might suck, but vegans and vegetarians eat dem veggies and get swole.
    Is dat dere Celltech a veg*an product? :bigsmile:
  • Sarauk2sf
    Sarauk2sf Posts: 28,072 Member
    Options
    I raise and butcher my own animals, like dogs and detest cats, and voted for Romney. The plant eaters loathe me.

There are probably quite a few meat eaters who also loathe you.
  • JetsetterBabe
    JetsetterBabe Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    A side not on meat eating: unless you're eating biologically appropriate fed animals raised in a pristine environment, you're eating a low quality product. And that varies greatly from the ancestral diet.
  • AnvilHead
    AnvilHead Posts: 18,344 Member
    Options
    A side not on meat eating: unless you're eating biologically appropriate fed animals raised in a pristine environment, you're eating a low quality product. And that varies greatly from the ancestral diet.
    I don't care about "the ancestral diet". I care about bacon. Mmmmmmmbacon.......
  • ILiftHeavyAcrylics
    ILiftHeavyAcrylics Posts: 27,732 Member
    Options
    Just popping in here quickly to say that claiming that vegetarianism is a sign of mental illness is ridiculous. Also Sara generally gets more protein than I do, and I'm a meat-eater. Saying the China Study is crap is one thing, and I'd completely agree with that. Saying that choosing to be vegetarian for moral, ethical, or preferential reasons means that a person has a mental illness is a completely different thing. Not cool.

i did not say anything about vegetarians having a mental illness

Sorry I should have quoted, was in a hurry. I was directing my comment to eric_sg61, not you. :flowerforyou:
  • DavPul
    DavPul Posts: 61,406 Member
    Options

i'm certain they do. just not for the reasons you think
  • GuybrushThreepw00d
    GuybrushThreepw00d Posts: 784 Member
    Options
    I raise and butcher my own animals, like dogs and detest cats.

I've never heard of that breed of cat, but good on you for having a diet of dog and cat :smokin:
  • pspetralia
    pspetralia Posts: 963 Member
    Options

They aren't alone! How the hell can you detest cats?? :noway:
  • Otterluv
    Otterluv Posts: 9,083 Member
    Options

You are not a plant eater? Well, in that case, for your troubles:

xXFNL5l.gif
  • DavPul
    DavPul Posts: 61,406 Member
    Options

You talking bout them ancestors that lived to an average age of 30?
  • brower47
    brower47 Posts: 16,356 Member
    Options

There are probably quite a few meat eaters who also loathe you.

It's a shame that those qualities cause loathing.

I loathe rapists, murderers, child molesters and people along those lines. Someone with differing pet preferences and a differing political opinion from me doesn't seem worth that sort of emotional investment. Maybe I'm weird that way.