Really??

Options
124»

Replies

• squiggyflop
    squiggyflop Posts: 148 Member
    Options
    Mine is for freezers. I have been looking for a chest freezer lately to hold lots of low calorie Popsicles.
  • StinkyWinkies
    StinkyWinkies Posts: 603 Member
    Options
    I don't see ads... :happy:

But perhaps I shouldn't write that on an open, public forum?
  • ILiftHeavyAcrylics
    ILiftHeavyAcrylics Posts: 27,732 Member
    Options
    The ads are based on your internet history.

I currently have a Lumosity brain training advert up top, and some fashion ad to the right.

How is it possible its based on my internet history? I have never ever searched for an Indian bride.

Sometimes mine seem related and sometimes not. I was looking at swimsuits on Victoria's Secret and it changed to VS ads here almost immediately. As far as I know though I've never searched for mail-order brides. *shrug*
  • ihateroses
    ihateroses Posts: 893 Member
    Options
    The ads are based on your internet history.

I currently have a Lumosity brain training advert up top, and some fashion ad to the right.

How is it possible its based on my internet history? I have never ever searched for an Indian bride.

Are you the only person that uses the computer? Are you indian? Those may be factors. Or you could have IMDBd Indiana Jones or something...internet doesn't care.
  • nikilis
    nikilis Posts: 2,305 Member
    Options
    I saw an ad for getting an Indian bride...personally I am not in the market so not sure why I was targeted lol.

Why, you don't like Indian people?

I had one for single Jewish women. Too bad I'm not lesbian.

That's what they all say until they get a taste of this.
    <---

converted me.
  • ScatteredThoughts
    ScatteredThoughts Posts: 3,562 Member
    Options
    I don't see ads... :happy:

But perhaps I shouldn't write that on an open, public forum?

Same here. I have noticed that MFP does do some keyword filtering, to prevent some posts regarding this subject.
  • RobynLB83
    RobynLB83 Posts: 626 Member
    Options
    They are thinking they are going to sell some pizza to a bunch on hungry fattys.
  • cerexflikex
    Options
    Well to the right I have Dr Bernstein weight loss, and the bottom ad is for mini wheats. Both I'm not interested in lol.
  • annasor70
    annasor70 Posts: 187 Member
    Options
    And I have NEVER been interested in or had anything to do with babies or diapers of any kind EVER OR dne
    any search about babies...so wth would I be seeing adds for diapers right here on MFT and never anywhere else? Right now I am getting adds for Audi. I couldn't be less intereted in cars!

Maybe I looked up vegan pizza recipes and that would lead to Domino adds...But otherwise, totally irrelevant...so I think this site must sell add space?
  • arcticfox04
    arcticfox04 Posts: 1,011 Member
    Options
    Did I really just see a Dominoes pizza ad at the bottom of the page? This is a weight loss site! What are they thinking??

Wish I got those ads. I get those stupid 5 tricks to lose fat they don't want you to know.