Thank god for The China Study

Options
124»

Replies

• AnvilHead
    AnvilHead Posts: 18,344 Member
    Options
    A side not on meat eating: unless you're eating biologically appropriate fed animals raised in a pristine environment, you're eating a low quality product. And that varies greatly from the ancestral diet.

You talking bout them ancestors that lived to an average age of 30?
    But....but...it was a healthy, quality 30 years! :derp:
  • Sarauk2sf
    Sarauk2sf Posts: 28,072 Member
    Options
    I raise and butcher my own animals, like dogs and detest cats, and voted for Romney. The plant eaters loathe me.

There are probably quite a few meat eaters who also loathe you.

It's a shame that those qualities cause loathing.

I loathe rapists, murderers, child molesters and people along those lines. Someone with differing pet preferences and a differing political opinion from me doesn't seem worth that sort of emotional investment. Maybe I'm weird that way.

okie dokey then

And, for the record as you obviously missed my point, I do not give a cr@p about the dude, and I certainly do not loathe him.
  • brower47
    brower47 Posts: 16,356 Member
    Options
    I raise and butcher my own animals, like dogs and detest cats, and voted for Romney. The plant eaters loathe me.

I loathe rapists, murderers, child molesters and people along those lines. Someone with differing pet preferences and a differing political opinion from me doesn't seem worth that sort of emotional investment. Maybe I'm weird that way.

okie dokey then

And, for the record as you obviously missed my point, I do not give a cr@p about the dude, and I certainly do not loathe him.

I didn't say you did but I know people and I'm sure you do too, that take those sorts of things to that degree. It was just a generalized statement. No insult intended (stupid written word and my inability to always make myself clear). :flowerforyou:
  • Sarauk2sf
    Options

okie dokey then

I didn't say you did but I know people and I'm sure you do too, that take those sorts of things to that degree. It was just a generalized statement. No insult intended (stupid written word and my inability to always make myself clear). :flowerforyou:

We good :flowerforyou:
  • Mrsallypants
    Mrsallypants Posts: 887 Member
    Options

Don't be cruel, sissy.
  • Mrsallypants
    Options

They aren't alone! How the hell can you detest cats?? :noway:

Allergic and they are familiars of witches.
  • Mrsallypants
    Options

You are not a plant eater? Well, in that case, for your troubles:

xXFNL5l.gif

Who needs plant fiber when you have animal bones?
  • DatMurse
    DatMurse Posts: 1,501 Member
    Options

xXFNL5l.gif

or the blood of your enemies
  • Sarauk2sf
    Options

Don't be cruel, sissy.

Cruel? Aww, sorry buttercup.

Sissy? Lol - that was actually my brothers' nickname for me as he could not say sister when he was little. You ain't my brother however...
  • EvgeniZyntx
    EvgeniZyntx Posts: 24,208 Member
    Options

xXFNL5l.gif

or the blood of your enemies

Why does that make me think of this?

zardoz.jpg
  • jennifershoo
    jennifershoo Posts: 3,198 Member
    Options
    I read this a few years ago. Very interesting read. My family is full of cancer from all sides and knowing that my lower protein diet may help me beat getting cancer myself gives me hope!

Protein gives cancer?!
    :huh: wut?
  • seventwenty
    seventwenty Posts: 565 Member
    Options
    OP bro sounds like a real joy to hang out with.
  • JetsetterBabe
    JetsetterBabe Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    That was my point.
  • JetsetterBabe
    JetsetterBabe Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    That's what I was getting at....
  • jofjltncb6
    jofjltncb6 Posts: 34,415 Member
    Options
    OP bro sounds like a real joy to hang out with.

You reached this conclusion based on this thread?

I don't know either one of you, but on my prioritized "who might be a real joy to hang out with" list, I'm going to go ahead and put his name ahead of yours.
  • alieflora172
    Options
    Nah I just read the title I didn't feel like reading your long post and assumed you really liked the book! . Being a biology major I found it really made a lot of sense. I also read this right after a close family member of mine died from cancer, so may have been the reason I liked it. My bad. To each his own!
  • DatMurse
    Options
    Nah I just read the title I didn't feel like reading your long post and assumed you really liked the book! . Being a biology major I found it really made a lot of sense. I also read this right after a close family member of mine died from cancer, so may have been the reason I liked it. My bad. To each his own!

its not to each his own. The book was purely opinion and correlation based. He left out was the rest of the cancers had a higher correlation with plant based diets than they did with meat based diets.

I lost my 8 year old cousin and grandmother to cancer this past year.
    Evidence based trumps all regardless of n=1.

Ironically if you looked at the data and you were trying to prevent cancer you would increase protein/meat intake

So I am not trying to be mean, but I am a nursing major. If you cannot interpret those studies and saying that based off of your major his book made alot of "sense". Which by his data it did not make sense at all. I would highly reccomend you extend your learning because your judgement that you made based off of your education of being a bio major is very limited.
    animal_protein_intake.jpg
    fiber.jpg
    death_from_all_cancers.jpg
    Tuoli are the meat eaters
  • DatMurse
    Options
    percent_cals_from_fat.jpg

Based off of all these charts, you can say based off correlation that a well balanced diet is key for prevention of cancer
  • alieflora172
    Options
    I read the book when I was 14 and just remember it made sense at the time and just recently starting learning about how proteins work. Hmmm looks like I choose the wrong topic to begin posting on these message boards. Didn't come on here to feel bad about myself yikes. Good luck with with your fitness goals and nursing major (I could never make it through nursing school so kudos)