Am i over reacting?

Options

Replies

• harleydall76
    harleydall76 Posts: 586 Member
    Options
    I don't think you are overreacting. I'd move on.
  • steve1686
    steve1686 Posts: 346 Member
    Options
    nothing good can come out of them snapchatting. end it!
  • SteelySunshine
    SteelySunshine Posts: 1,092 Member
    Options
    You are under reacting. If it was me I would make it clear to my friend that the friendship is over and I would make it burn. I would have already packed the boyfriends bags and gotten the keys from him and told him to forget where I live, forget my phone number and if he can't do that he would be in for a world of hurt. But, that's just how I roll.
  • csman49
    csman49 Posts: 1,100 Member
    Options
    Your're over reacting. So they had a little flirt, and??? What???
  • csman49
    csman49 Posts: 1,100 Member
    Options
    Your're over reacting. So they had a little flirt, and??? What???
  • gonnamakeanewaccount
    gonnamakeanewaccount Posts: 642 Member
    Options
    Just break up.
  • Laces_0ut
    Laces_0ut Posts: 3,750 Member
    Options
    Marry him.
  • Ocarina
    Ocarina Posts: 1,550 Member
    Options
    Girl! You have no time to waste worrying about this man's need for emotional attention from other females. When he gets bored of that one or she cuts him off he'll find another one eventually.

Let them have each other and you should go find someone much more worth your valuable time. Just because the relationship lasted a year doesn't mean it's special or going to magically be invincible to issues like that. Those habits never go away! IF it bothers you then get rid of the problem altogether.

You got this!! :flowerforyou:
  • bloominheck
    bloominheck Posts: 869 Member
    Options
    Seriously, what kind of skank ask her friends BF to sleep with her??? Unless she was suggesting a Ménage à trois otherwise dump them both.
  • RachelSRoach1
    RachelSRoach1 Posts: 435 Member
    Options
    God didn't intend all this drama. I swear that a relationship without drama is one of life's greatest gifts. You are posting this because you know what the answer is already. Lose them both, have your heart broken for a little while, and in time you will be both completely fine and smarter for it.
  • chellec23
    chellec23 Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    Kick his *kitten* and dump him. Same with her. What a ***** to call herself your friend and stab you in the back like that! You're better off without either of them in your life.
  • Achrya
    Achrya Posts: 16,913 Member
    Options
    You are under reacting. If it was me I would make it clear to my friend that the friendship is over and I would make it burn. I would have already packed the boyfriends bags and gotten the keys from him and told him to forget where I live, forget my phone number and if he can't do that he would be in for a world of hurt. But, that's just how I roll.

All of this, right here. I was reading and waiting for the part where the OP stabbed her boyfriends tires or tossed his crap out the window, and am confused as to why there is even a question.

Lets get down to the reality here: HE probably slept with her and is still sleeping with her. He's covering it by telling you partial truths, hoping that will sooth you (Well he told me about what happened, so clearly he's trustworthy and would never actually sleep with her.) and allow him to carry on his dirty deeds while you smile blissfully, thinking some honest guy. Even if he isn't sleeping with her he's clearly keeping her around to keep his options open and that's not cool either. If he really cared about your feelings he would have understood how hurtful this is towards you and stopped.

Either way, you know what you need to do. Pack up his crap, go to the highest window in the house/apartment, and watch it fall. Bonus points if you take video and put it on YouTube, though it's probably a bad idea to record yourself destroying property.
  • mtfr810
    mtfr810 Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    You're not over reacting. You can't trust either one of them... time to move on. This is a crappy situation and the best you can do is be true to yourself. Neither your "friend" or boyfriend are being true to you. Hate to say it, but I would bet you money they have probably slept together. If they haven't... it's only a matter of time. Be strong and walk away. Sorry!
  • ldrosophila
    ldrosophila Posts: 7,512 Member
    Options
    You know what to do once trust is broken. Sorry you have to go through this, but you'll come out stronger and wiser.
  • Gizziemoto
    Gizziemoto Posts: 430 Member
    Options
    Sounds like an emotional affair. Get rid of both of them.
  • danigirl1988
    danigirl1988 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    First of all, I am sorry you are going through this. No one deserves to be treated like that.

Shame on both of them. If she were a true friend to begin with, she wouldn't be trying to sleep with him. For her to then continuously flirt with him- and in front of your face- proves that she doesn't value or respect the friendship she has with you.

As for him, move on. He is obviously completely selfish and has no regard for your feelings. Even if something physical hasn't happened between the two of them, it is safe to say that there is an emotional affair developing. Definitely no okay.
  • TheRoadDog
    TheRoadDog Posts: 11,788 Member
    Options
    "One of My Boyfriends?"

Sounds like the real thing.
  • weighlossforbaby
    weighlossforbaby Posts: 847 Member
    Options
    You are definitely not over reacting at all. He shouldn't be trusted. Why did he wait sooooo long to tell you about her and him that happened in July? He is emotionally cheating on you with her so get rid of them both.
  • BleedsCoffee
    BleedsCoffee Posts: 247 Member
    Options
    I know mine isn't the popular opinion, but I feel that if you need to demand that your boyfriend stop speaking to your mutual friend completely, something is intrinsically wrong with the relationship. A lot of people are stating in this thread that you are not overreacting and, truth be told, I disagree. At no point is it healthy for a relationship to have to forbid your partner from speaking to someone else. No matter how much you distrust that person, you should be able to trust your partner.

Are you overreacting by feeling hurt by his betrayal? No. Are you overreacting by demanding that he never speak to her again? I think so. Ultimatums are pretty much relationship kryptonite and if the trust isn't there, no ultimatum is going to resolve the issue(s) you two are facing. He needs to be able to speak to his friend and you need to be able to trust that he's not going to cheat with her, either emotionally or... you know... bone her.
  • whierd
    whierd Posts: 14,025 Member
    Options
    Give him the benefit of the doubt. If you can't prove it, it didn't happen.