Team UK - August2010

Options

Replies

• kpnuts23
    kpnuts23 Posts: 960 Member
    Options
    HELLOOOOOO EVERYONE! lol

Thanks James - your a star for keeping this all going!

So im on Day 2 of my DETOX... its going well so far - i havent caved in! feeling ok... a little light headed and unfocused on my job, but its ok.. only a couple of days left!! :laugh:

How are you all??

Katherine x xx

Ooh which one are you doing? I did one last week - great results!! Hope you get the same xx

Hi Leanne,

Its the one Mel Gibson put together...
    ... at the moment im really really hungry... but i just keep telling myself 'only 2 more days'... and hopefully i will see the results! First time ive ever done a detox so its completely blown me out of the waters...

x x x x
  • leannemr
    leannemr Posts: 48
    Options
    HELLOOOOOO EVERYONE! lol

So im on Day 2 of my DETOX... its going well so far - i havent caved in! feeling ok... a little light headed and unfocused on my job, but its ok.. only a couple of days left!! :laugh:

How are you all??

Katherine x xx

Ooh which one are you doing? I did one last week - great results!! Hope you get the same xx

Hi Leanne,

... at the moment im really really hungry... but i just keep telling myself 'only 2 more days'... and hopefully i will see the results! First time ive ever done a detox so its completely blown me out of the waters...

x x x x

Hiya, I did this one last week. Try and stick with it if you can - I had fab results. 4lbs off in 4 days plus 1.5 inch off my waist and 1 inch off each thigh!! Have you got a detox buddy? Me and PinkPrincess buddied up for ours - it made it much more fun - lol!! Keep up the good work xx
  • wizzywig
    wizzywig Posts: 1,246 Member
    Options
    :smile: Hi everyone - seems to be lots of newcomers like myself have joined this month :smile:

Hi Amanda - I recognise you from another site :flowerforyou:

Well I have had a bad few days, a take away on Tuesday and went to pub with family on Wednesday - all the extra calories seem to have made a difference already :grumble: my trousers definitely feel a bit tight around the derriere this morning. Maybe the trousers have shrunk???? No don't think I can get away with that one :bigsmile: Can you really put weight on your bum so quickly :noway: no the trousers have shrunk!

Must get back on track today and the rest of this week. So I'll have to fill up on fruit and veggies and give the biscuits/chocolate a miss.

Take care everyone
  • BeccyBerry
    BeccyBerry Posts: 312
    Options
    HELLOOOOOO EVERYONE! lol

How are you all??

Katherine x xx

Hi Leanne,

x x x x

Hiya, I did this one last week. Try and stick with it if you can - I had fab results. 4lbs off in 4 days plus 1.5 inch off my waist and 1 inch off each thigh!! Have you got a detox buddy? Me and PinkPrincess buddied up for ours - it made it much more fun - lol!! Keep up the good work xx

4lbs in 4 days thats amazing...! Where can I get the details of this detox? xx
  • beckiboo
    beckiboo Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    Wizzywig - it's probably just water weight.

I went to Prezzo last night and couldn't resist a risotto and garlic bread. Oops! I went with some friends and one has lost 2 stone since having her second child and she looks fab. My new aim is to think WWFD (what would friend do) before eating anything. I really admire her motivation and willpower and I want sone of it!
  • ley1
    ley1 Posts: 115
    Options
    Hello everyone i'm new here too! aiming to get from 14st 1 to 11 stone before my sister gets married in 2 years time.

used to be slim, then i had kids lol!

heres too some good weight loss this month :)
  • nessaj
    nessaj Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    I'm having a bit of a nightmare... have been going to the gym lots (5 times in the last week), have been eating 1200 calories + some of my exercise calories all week... and I've not lost a thing, in fact I've put nearly 1lb back on. I'm guessing my weight just needs some time to catch up with what I'm doing, but its really hard and demoralising :explode:

Hope everyone else is having a good week!
  • sim247
    sim247 Posts: 354
    Options
    Nessaj, I can sympathize, I am not losing weight either although I am sticking to my calories and exercising every day. It is very frustrating as I don't know what else I can do!
  • Dietexpert
    Options
    Hi everyone

I've had some trouble in navigating the site for messages etc. but that's only because I have 'techno trouble' as my daughter kindly puts it! So if anyone ever messages me and I ignore them it's not because I am ignorant, it's because I am quite useless!

Anyway, I have been away last week in Cornwall. Wasn't a particularly good week with all sorts of problems and I spent most of my time sitting on the beach, in the wind and rain, grazing on crisps, pasties, etc. for the sake of it! Luckily because I have a sleeved stomach I only gained 4lbs and have managed to lose 2 of those already (for how long I'm not sure as my weight fluctuates daily) but I am feeling pretty down and quite miserable at the moment and what do I do when I feel like that? Yes eat! But, despite that I have been to the gym twice this week and am trying to get myself motivated to go today.

I am sure I will get there if not slowly but surely.

All the best everyone x
  • emmaj35
    emmaj35 Posts: 26
    Options
    Hello there I would really like to join? I go on holiday on 9th September and Ideally I would like to loose 6lb by then, I have been shocking with exercise at home as I have not had a good week with my partner, but thats another story, I have been good not to eat to help my emotions, just little slip ups here and there.
    I am heading away for a long weekend tomorrow to the other halfs mums and she bakes alot of cakes and cooks alot but I am talking to myself and thinking no this cannot happen.
    I intend to not eat late tonight as last night I did and the scales depressed me this morning.
    When I return next week it will be the gym five times and walking with my partner at night when we can and healthy eating - I will get to that weight and feel ok in a bikini - with your support - so here goes. It may not be a brill weekend but I am not going mad
  • Matt_S_1978
    Matt_S_1978 Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    Hey team, am I too late to join in the month. Only 12 days in so should be alright. I am from Purley in Surrey and am aiming to lose 5kg a month but I think that might be a bit too over optimistic but am trying my hardest. Cycling to work 3 times a week and gym 3 times a week. Trying to keep a track of my food intake too.
    Good luck to you all.

Mat
  • Jamiecfc1
    Jamiecfc1 Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    Hi fellow UK people

Hope its OK to tag along for August.... I started on MFP start of July at 17 stone 11, at weigh in this morning I was 16 st 10. I'm aiming for about 14 1/2 stone which I haven't been since.. actually I can't ever remember being 14 stone anything! My lightest recorded was 16 1/2 stone a couple of years ago, had a few health issues and gained.. you know the story. Anyways I'm kind of settling on about 2 lbs a week so far, so hoping to reach target by Xmas 2010.
    Good luck to everyone else, if you wanna add me to your buddy lists then please do so, I'm quite friendly!
  • hdelamore
    hdelamore Posts: 206 Member
    Options
    it's never too late to join, we're more a support group than anything else, just keep each other up to date with what we've been doing :)
  • malboroman
    Options
    Hello!

Just joined nearly two weeks ago, but feeling positive and making some progress. Long way to go yet, but gotta start somewhere and all that.
  • James501
    James501 Posts: 148
    Options
    Newbies, you all can join.

You are very very welcome and hope you all find our support helpfull.

Sorry for the quick post but no doubt will talk to you all over the coming weeks and months.

James
  • emc2003
    emc2003 Posts: 29
    Options
    Hi everyone

I'm new to MFP (joined on Sunday, I think). For the rest of August, I would like to lose 3lbs.
  • Izzybackyet
    Options
    Only joined a few days ago, looking for a nice steady 2 llb per week loss then just to eat healthy once I reach my goal.Good luck everyone
  • beckiboo
    beckiboo Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    I was so good last night! My boyfriend ordered take out pizza (his diet is awful!) which isn't a problem for me because I don't really like take out pizza- too much rubbery cheese - but instead of delivering his mozzarella sticks, they delivered onion rings- which I love! I was eating a yogurt and was already slightly over on calories and I said NO! So pleased with my willpower

Hope everyone has a good Friday (the 13th!)
  • Matt_S_1978
    Matt_S_1978 Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    Onion rings omg you did well to hold off from them. Nice one.
  • sdscouser
    sdscouser Posts: 320
    Options
    I was so good last night! My boyfriend ordered take out pizza (his diet is awful!) which isn't a problem for me because I don't really like take out pizza- too much rubbery cheese - but instead of delivering his mozzarella sticks, they delivered onion rings- which I love! I was eating a yogurt and was already slightly over on calories and I said NO! So pleased with my willpower

Hope everyone has a good Friday (the 13th!)

Well done on resisting.. :drinker: :drinker: :happy: