Bowl Movements

Options
Generally, I will have 3 - 4 bowl movements per week, which is normal for me. However, I haven't had a bowl movement for about 7 or 8 days now. I haven't changed anything in my diet. I don't feel constipated or any discomfort at all. Is this something I should be worried about?

Replies

• ChristinaLeeConway
    ChristinaLeeConway Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    Yes. That is VERY unusual to go that long with out a bowel movement. Maybe you need to take a probiotic to flush out your system? It shouldn't be stored inside for that long. Hope you get better soon!
  • GauchoMark
    GauchoMark Posts: 1,804 Member
    Options
    eww.. I thought this was going to be a thread about rearranging the kitchen!
  • MyChocolateDiet
    MyChocolateDiet Posts: 22,281 Member
    Options
    I thought it was gonna be about dishwasher's not being loaded right. Mine makes such a racket when that happens.
  • MrsMac927
    MrsMac927 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    are you drinking enough water?
  • JessicaPasieka
    JessicaPasieka Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    Sorry. My mistake on the spelling.
    I drink 4 bottles of water a day and I'm passing gas normally.
  • DatMurse
    DatMurse Posts: 1,501 Member
    Options
    7-8 days is a long time. any heavily abdominal distention?

maybe you been ****ting in the middle of the night and you forget?
  • twinketta
    twinketta Posts: 2,130 Member
    Options
    Generally, I will have 3 - 4 bowl movements per week, which is normal for me. However, I haven't had a bowl movement for about 7 or 8 days now. I haven't changed anything in my diet. I don't feel constipated or any discomfort at all. Is this something I should be worried about?

Any abnormal bowel movements are not normal.

So yes I would be worried about it, if I was you.

7 or 8 days is certainly not good. Even if you do not feel constipated/discomfort.

So especially, if you have been eating as normal and you have not had any bowel movement for over a week, I would seek some medical advice.

Meanwhile, try to drink as much fluid as necessary, do not try to over eat on fibre (to try to move things along) you could add to the problem
  • Just_Scott
    Just_Scott Posts: 1,766 Member
    Options
    I though this was a thread about bowl moments--still pissed Alabama beat PSU in the Sugar Bowl--over 30 years ago!
  • magerum
    magerum Posts: 12,589 Member
    Options
    Probably should consult a medical professional, not an internet forum.
  • pastryari
    pastryari Posts: 8,646 Member
    Options
    Probably should consult a medical professional, not an internet forum.

QFT. Go see your doctor. Smh

Edit: typo.
  • victoriannsays
    victoriannsays Posts: 568 Member
    Options
    please do not look to a fitness forum to solve your constipation issues. go to your doctor.
  • xcmum
    xcmum Posts: 136
    Options
    please do not look to a fitness forum to solve your constipation issues. go to your doctor.

This right here ^^ I personally go 2 - 3 times a day! I never use to go this much until i started running 5 days a week :)
  • AZKristi
    AZKristi Posts: 1,801 Member
    Options
    My doctor assured me there is nothing wrong with only having a few bowel movements a week. However, she said if there is ever a significant change in frequency that would be something that I should get checked out promptly. Going a week when you usually go a few days is significant. I would visit a doctor just to check. Bowel problems can be extremely dangerous if not treated promptly. Better safe than sorry - see your doc!
  • reddi2roll
    reddi2roll Posts: 356 Member
    Options

OMG. You had me laughing out loud. Thank you. I needed that.
  • Dogwalkingirl
    Dogwalkingirl Posts: 320 Member
    Options
    I would suggest a probiotic of some sort (like acidolphilis...probably spelling wrong)...or prune juice and lots and lots of water. A week is a long time so something might be up. I once went 22 days without a bowel movement and you don't want to know what happens. There is also a tea called "smooth move" that you can find in health food stores and I have even seen at walmart. It is a mild laxative tea so I don't suggest using it on a regular basis at all but if it does not work for in two days after 2-3 cups then something is up.
  • AZKristi
    AZKristi Posts: 1,801 Member
    Options
    My doctor assured me there is nothing wrong with only having a few bowel movements a week. However, she said if there is ever a significant change in frequency that would be something that I should get checked out promptly. Going a week when you usually go a few days is significant. I would visit a doctor just to check. Bowel problems can be extremely dangerous if not treated promptly. Better safe than sorry - see your doc!
  • odusgolp
    odusgolp Posts: 10,477 Member
    Options
    tumblr_inline_mloawnLT6G1qz4rgp.gif
  • o2bADyer
    o2bADyer Posts: 208
    Options

:laugh: LMAO :laugh:
  • o2bADyer
    o2bADyer Posts: 208
    Options
    Increase your water intake...take acidophilus supplements once a day...consult your physician. (My trio or suggestions) :wink:
  • Rosplosion
    Rosplosion Posts: 739 Member
    Options
    Enemas work nicely for immediate relief.