Replies

• stevenleagle
    stevenleagle Posts: 293 Member
    Options
    Yes.
  • StuAblett
    StuAblett Posts: 1,141 Member
    Options
    I just wanted to thank everyone for the help. I went to a big electronics shop here, they did not sell the FitBit, but they do sell a bunch of similar devices made by Omron, Tantia, Panasonic etc. All of these units were about half the price of the FitBit too, and I think some of them are on par with the FitBit, but they are all in Japanese, the software is in Japanese, and I just don't want to deal with all of that, it would most likely involve bothering my wife for some translation.

Yesterday we spent hours walking around Costco, and then the Electric shop, I have no idea how many calories I burned yesterday, and I decided that I should just buy the darn thing so I can do a better job of sticking to my calorie goal.

I got online and ordered the FitBit One.

It is a Japanese market unit, but I'm hoping the software that I downloaded from FitBit in English will work with the Japanese Market unit.

Should be here soon, again, thanks to you all for your input.

Cheers!
    I'm with you about the calorie counting! Need a clearer idea of what I am burning as I move around Tokyo, and not sure I trust the MFP cal counts. So I just ordered a Fitbit One through a Rakuten online shop (case cafe shop) here in Japan on the weekend. Price was 9700 yen, and I used Rakuten points, so I got it for about 9,300 yen :) I haven't received it yet, so holding my breath! SoftBank wanted 10,050 yen total for it. I went in the shop and asked about the language -- they said the Fitbit One itself only shows icons, so when I log in to a U.S. or Canada Fitbit site, I should be able to see the stats in English. Haven't tried that yet but hoping it works without using a VPN. (The Fitbit website seems to want to revert to the Japanese one everytime I google it....) Let me know how it works for you.

And ganbaroo, ne!

Great, I got mine through Amazon.co.jp and it cost about the same with free Prime shipping!
    Once you create an account and log in, if the FitBit page is all in Japanese, go to the bottom right corner of the page and you can select a country, choose USA and the page will be in English. After that, the page should always display in English, or it does for me. In your settings tab on the FitBit page you can choose a bunch of other things too.

I hope this helps, cheers!
  • camtosh
    camtosh Posts: 898 Member
    Options
    Great, I got mine through Amazon.co.jp and it cost about the same with free Prime shipping!
    Once you create an account and log in, if the FitBit page is all in Japanese, go to the bottom right corner of the page and you can select a country, choose USA and the page will be in English. After that, the page should always display in English, or it does for me. In your settings tab on the FitBit page you can choose a bunch of other things too.

Thanks! That helps -- my Fitbit One should arrive today, so I am excited about getting started with it. Thanks for the friend add.
  • StuAblett
    StuAblett Posts: 1,141 Member
    Options
    "StuAblett said"

"camtosh said"
    Thanks! That helps -- my Fitbit One should arrive today, so I am excited about getting started with it. Thanks for the friend add.

Well did you get it yet?
    I passed the 100,000 step mark yesterday, I've walked over 83Km since I got the FitBit on May 21st.
    Cheers!
  • Liz_Mfp
    Liz_Mfp Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    I am enjoying mine :-)