Coffee and protein shakes?? effective

Options
FFfitgirl
FFfitgirl Posts: 369 Member
Does coffee effect the protein or the way the body absorbs it?
I know mixing the 2 in a glass wont change it. I just wonder if it isn't used as effectively in the body.

Replies

• tubzzy77
    tubzzy77 Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    No. Infact I like to mix my Vanilla Whey, Milk, Coffee, and some Ice and pretend I'm having an Iced coffee. Throw in a splash of Vanilla extract too if you're feeling saucy. Maybe some vanilla ice cream if you're bulking.
  • Missjulesdid
    Missjulesdid Posts: 1,444 Member
    Options
    I drink 14 ounces of coffee, 2 ounces of half and half, and one scoop of protein powder every day for breakfast. Apparently my body must be absorbing it effectively because I've been maintaining my lean body mass wonderfully despite the fact that I am eating at an enormous deficit.
  • FFfitgirl
    FFfitgirl Posts: 369 Member
    Options
    vanilla ice cream
    [/quote

hmm Ice cream:) did you mention something else? I think the ice cream alone will do
  • jw203
    jw203 Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    No. Infact I like to mix my Vanilla Whey, Milk, Coffee, and some Ice and pretend I'm having an Iced coffee. Throw in a splash of Vanilla extract too if you're feeling saucy. Maybe some vanilla ice cream if you're bulking.

I do this too. But with a little spoon of Green and Blacks cocoa powder and almond milk instead of normal. Delicious.
  • mamosh81
    mamosh81 Posts: 409 Member
    Options
    i mix my chocolate whey protein with vanilla soy milk and coffee its delicious
  • Shadowknight137
    Shadowknight137 Posts: 1,243 Member
    Options

But with a little spoon of Green and Blacks cocoa powder

Aware me on this.