GNC Total Lean shake?

Options

Replies

• rosita76
    Options
    bump

I want to try this. I teach in the evening and only have about 15 min in between classes. So its hard to fit in a meal.
  • Marisela233
    Marisela233 Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    I used it for 3 months but I wasn't impressed by it. The calories are low but so is the protein. I would rather have a protein shake that I can make a meal replacement shake and get all that protein that I need for my workouts. I did lose a few pounds but not enough for me to be like "oh wow! I love this stuff" I switched to a different protein shake with fewer calories and a whole lot more protein and I am in love with the taste and the results it has given me.

may i ask which one did you replace it wth??
  • cocoanicky
    cocoanicky Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Well this is my 4th day on the lean shake and I see some results in my face, neck and mid section already:happy: but the only thing about them they dont make me full:frown: so when its time for me to eat my one real meal I just eat two small bowls of cereal and that make me full during the day without snack.
  • rlynge
    rlynge Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I have been using the GNC Total Lean 25 for almost two weeks now. This is the one that has more protein (25grams) in it. Two weeks in and I am down 14Ibs. I like the french vanilla. Mix a little peanut butter into in and it is even better.
  • skinnyfat14
    skinnyfat14 Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    I just started using the GNC Total Lean shakes on Monday. Yesterday was my first real day of using them for breakfast and for lunch. I lost 2.2 pounds in 1 day!! I buy the premixed ones in the bottle becuase I do not want to mess with making the shakes and constantly cleaning the blender. The bottles come in Swiss Chocolate, Strawberry and Vanilla. They are all good. What made me specifically chose this shake is it only has 6 grams of sugar and the pre-mixed bottles do not contain any soy. I have a thyroid problem and cannot have soy. Yesterday I bought the Total Lean Appetrex Control and it works well. So far, I would reccomend this to anyone and I sure hope I continue to have great results!!

What is the Appetrex control?
  • nichole325
    nichole325 Posts: 244 Member
    Options
    I'm wondering if anyone can offer me some insight on this. I used to eat breakfast everyday, it would depend on the day what I ate but I just recently switched to Smoothies. I put about 1/2 cup of orange juice, about 4-5 frozen peach slices and about 1.5 cups of frozen strawberries. I went and bought this shake yesterday and this morning I just added two scoops into my morning smoothie. Do you think this is okay or do you think that it defeats the purpose of the shake?

I was also of thinking of trying to put one cup of cold coffee (no sugar), milk, ice, and two scoops of this shake (I got the vanilla bean). I am just trying to think of creative ways to drink it and make it work.

Does anyone have any insight on this?
  • april37
    april37 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    what is the kind of shake u are using?
  • Coco_Puff
    Coco_Puff Posts: 823 Member
    Options
    I have used them and they taste great. I started with the ones already mixed in the bottle and then was gonna try the powder, but the powder has less protein, where the bottle is 25gm. My son got me Whey Gold Standard powder, 25gm per serving in the double chocolate and it also taste great. I mix it with FF milk and banana. I'm planning on sticking with the powder my son got me. The price compared to the bottled GNC shake is much better.
  • cathypuravida
    Options
    I do the Body by Vi 90 Day Challenge and have lost 12 pounds in the last 90 days and am looking to lose more this next challenge.
    I love the shakes and drink 2 a day. High protein, safe for diabetics 1 and 2 and children, nursing moms. The nutrients are not compromised by heat so you can make your drink hot like hot chocolate or coffee drinks. I put frozen fruit in mine, and really good chocolate. I am going to lose more this time cause I'm exercising now. I have energy.my site cause I wanted to rep this protein powder is http://www.CathyPuraVida.com and I get my shake mix for free now because 3 of my friends are doing it too
  • rachelfloreschavez
    Options
    did you eat as well or only have the shakes
  • rachelfloreschavez
    Options
    k please help me understand are you not to eat and only have the shake or do you eat and have the shake..
  • wftiger
    wftiger Posts: 1,283 Member
    Options
    180 calories, 30 carbs and only 9 protein -- why bother, have a candy bar. Really, try another brand. The carbs are ridiculous in this brand. Not knocking GNC as I buy their Pro Performance (100-130 calories, 2-5 carbs and 20+ protein depending on flavor).

I have used the Pro Performance along with 3 other low carb/calorie shakes for 7+ months and helped me reach my protein goals and lose 100+. I am lazy, I don't like to cook and I am cranky if I have to get up early just to eat so these work awesome for breakfast. I have had one every morning for that and some days even have 1 or 2 servings for lunch.
  • akela4860
    akela4860 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    I have been using the lean shake for couple of days and love the taste. I find it very filling but with 25 grams of protein, I am not surprised. The powder mix is only 9 grams if you purchase it in Canada. For some reason the premade AND the powder ones are both 25 grams in the US.

Try adding peanut butter and frozed berries to the choc shake, it will taste like a peanut butter and jam sandwich lol
  • TeeDeezy
    TeeDeezy Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    My wife and I have both used the GNC Total Lean shakes for three months. They worked really well for both of us. We were primarily worried about losing fat and used the regular ones, not the ones with the added protein. They mix very well and have a good taste. Plus, GNC has a buy back program, so if you don't like it you can take the container back along with your receipt and get a full refund. They definitely helped us both shed fat.
  • deblena
    Options
    I took a look at the label and am not impressed. Sucralose, an artificial sweetener is not good for you, never is carrageenan, partially hydrogenated soybean oil and lot of over crap.. There is only 9 grams of protein. I use the protein shake from Isagenix because they use organic whey protein from New Zealand.
    They have two types of protein shakes, Isalean Protein shake and Isalean Pro protein shake. The first one has 24 grams of protein and the later one has 35 grams of protein. The program incorporates nutritional cleansing.
    You can check the info yourself by going to this website http://deborahdasilva.isagenix.com/ca/en/products.dhtml. you will find the ingredients and the nutritional products from the company. Great thing too is if you like it and share it like so many of you have been doing about the GNC total lean shake, you can get your products for free. Nice little plus too.
  • REPOWMN831
    Options
    You must use the Total Lean 25! My son used the product for Breakfast and Lunch, lost 65 pounds and is using the product for breakfast only now!! It works...
  • Donnaovercomer
    Donnaovercomer Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    I use the ready made ones. I love it. Just remember they are meal replacements so watch your other calories. Good Luck
  • SunnySide81
    SunnySide81 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    they are pretty handy, I must say. I don't like to eat before workouts, so they're perfect for me to help me get through the workout. I have the powder at home and make a shake before I hit the gym in the early ams (these I make with milk. I personally use soy milk). I use the ready made ones for gym time after work. I do like them.
  • booboo68
    booboo68 Posts: 302 Member
    Options
    I love the GNC Total Lean shakes with 25 grams of protein in them. I never use milk, only water in them. These are even good made in a shaker cup on the go. Below are the flavors that I have tried and love. Also don't be afraid to mix with frozen fruit, sugar free coffee syrups, coffee creamers, or sugar free jello dry pudding mix..

Peppermint Mocha (Good to use in a huge cup of hot coffee too)
    Key Lime
    Orange Cream
    Mixed Berries
    Blueberries and Cream
    Strawberry
    Vanilla Bean
    Chocolate Peanut Butter
    Banana
    Cookies and Cream (Not a favorite of mine)

I get them when they are on sale or I have a $5.00 off coupon (which are often attached to the tub)
  • Kamoralee3
    Options
    I going start trying them myself. I heard they were good and tasty. I'm not one for giving up meals for a shake but I'm welling to do so. I need to lose 10 pounds. I did the nutrisystem and lost weight yet i want to lose lose more. Let me know how it goes for you.:)