When your weight becomes the reason for your breakup

Options
2»

Replies

• jenny95662
    jenny95662 Posts: 997 Member
    Options
    I think it depends on the situation. I met my husband after I lost 90pounds, I was still trying to lose when I met him (was never stick thin lol) but ended up staying the same for a while. I got pregnant gained and then lost it all. Then for medical reasons i packed on about 30 then got pregnant with my son. After that I lost my dad suddenly and never lost the weight from my son and added more. But with that being said I am also trying to lose it and have been trying. He still is attracted to me (even though I dunno how lol) as I am with him even though he is losing his hair. That being said I think it depends on the reasons if they are trying to better themselves and everyone is different. Some wont want to stay with someone who has let them selves go and others will.
  • odusgolp
    odusgolp Posts: 10,477 Member
    Options
    I think physical attraction is one of many important components to a marriage. Right along with fidelity (as agreed upon), communication, trust, honesty, a love of cheese, etc...

My wife and I love cheese.

I could never marry someone who didn't eat a block of cheese with me while standing next to the refrigerator ...
  • LeilaFace
    LeilaFace Posts: 412 Member
    Options
    I think physical attraction is one of many important components to a marriage. Right along with fidelity (as agreed upon), communication, trust, honesty, a love of cheese, etc...

My wife and I love cheese.

I could never marry someone who didn't eat a block of cheese with me while standing next to the refrigerator ...

Word.
  • El_Cunado
    El_Cunado Posts: 359 Member
    Options
    I think it depends on the person. For me personally, weight has never been an issue in dating someone.
  • redhead1910
    redhead1910 Posts: 304 Member
    Options
    I am more attracted to intelligence then looks. And someone who is intelligent would not dump me if I got fat. Because they know I would kill them. :)
  • d9123
    d9123 Posts: 531 Member
    Options
    I am more attracted to intelligence then looks. And someone who is intelligent would not dump me if I got fat. Because they know I would kill them. :)

strong post to hair colour ratio ;)
  • d9123
    d9123 Posts: 531 Member
    Options
    Mainly because I'm obsessive though...
    That's my problem too.

good problems to have brahs
  • Shreshy
    Shreshy Posts: 1,263 Member
    Options
    i had an ex who would go on about how i should change myself. For instance try to get a thigh gap. He really lowered my self esteem and he was a complete jerk. Now that i have lost a lot of weight he wants me back but im not that naive. After we broke up (one of the reasons was my weight) i started to see another guy who kind of encouraged me to adopt a healthier lifestyle. I have to be honest if both people in the relationship lead a healthy lifestyle the relationship does tend to go smoothly. I mean imagine being with someone who is too lazy to be intimate with you. The passion will fade. You have to keep that fire alive. Im not saying appearance is the main component in a relationship but it is a component that will help the relationship flow. I am speaking from experience. Im not saying its okay to break up with someone because of their weight either. You just shouldn't think its okay to lose yourself and let yourself go when you're in a relationship.