How often do you weigh yourself on a SCALE?

Options
1235»

Replies

• RetiredAndLovingIt
    RetiredAndLovingIt Posts: 1,394 Member
    Options
    I was doing once a week at first. Then trying to figure out TDEE, etc, I was doing once a day. (which usually turned into twice a day-morning & night) Told myself the daily fluctuations didn't bother me, but think subconsciously they did, so I took the scale out of the bathroom and am going to try once a month. Trying to go by how clothes fit. If I get more consistent with exercise & food, I know I will lose.
  • arianamzai
    arianamzai Posts: 36
    Options
    Hahaha you guys are really funny...I put "scale" in capital letters to attract the attention of anyone who was interested on the topic.Thanks for the responses. : )
  • deksgrl
    deksgrl Posts: 7,237 Member
    Options
    Once every 3 weeks or once a month. It is not motivating to me to weigh often. I do better with setting other goals.
  • SylentZee
    SylentZee Posts: 262
    Options
    Once a week mainly but sometimes I weigh in twice. It's usually when I wake up and umm use the bathroom lol.

I also check my body fat % once a week.
  • PaleoChocolateBear
    PaleoChocolateBear Posts: 2,844 Member
    Options
    Never
  • ahamm002
    ahamm002 Posts: 1,690 Member
    Options
    I think it's best to do it every day because of the fluctuations. If you only weigh yourself once a week, due to fluctuations you may think you lost weight when you really gained (or vice versa). Whereas, if you just do it everyday it's pretty obvious which way the scale is trending.
  • mlogantra76
    mlogantra76 Posts: 334 Member
    Options
    I am not weighing myself right now. 10 years ago as I was losing 120 lbs, I weighed myself weekly I think. This January when I decided enough was enough and it was time to relose the 25 lbs I gained, I decided to do it scaleless. Honestly, I didn't want to know how much I had regained so 25 lbs is an estimate. I go by how my clothes fit. I'm a pear shape so I mainly go by pants size although my medium shirts were becoming tight and are now getting loose. I started this January in a 16W pants, worked my way down to a 16, then a 14, then 12''s and right now I'm closing in on my goal size of a 10. Can't wait! I have a closet full of size 10 pants and capris that have been collecting dust. My highest pants size was a size 26/28. I have one pair of those that I keep... It helps keep things in perspective.

Edited to add that I DO plan on weighing myself weekly once I hit what I decide is my goal:) I have incorporated strength training this go around so my goal weight will probably be more this go around.
  • Pangea250
    Pangea250 Posts: 965 Member
    Options
    I weigh myself on a SCALE daily.

Once every two weeks I weigh myself on a lampshade.

Scale works better.
    I weigh myself on the lampshade every day. Is that bad?
  • NovemberJune
    NovemberJune Posts: 2,525 Member
    Options
    Hahaha you guys are really funny...I put "scale" in capital letters to attract the attention of anyone who was interested on the topic.Thanks for the responses. : )

lol it worked! I weigh daily. I don't let fluctuations bother me.
  • KChesneyGal
    KChesneyGal Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    i weigh myself every morning
  • KMasz
    KMasz Posts: 2,666 Member
    Options
    I weigh myself twice a week. Once on Thursday before all my bad habits of the weekends are initiated and again on Monday to see the damage I've done from my weekend of drinking & eating at restaurants. Helps me realize how much I should be limiting my bad habits.
  • Tiffysinsanity
    Tiffysinsanity Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    I used to be like that. I'd step on the scale at least 3 times a week. But I've cut it down a lot. I only get on 1 time a week now.
  • Trophywifey28
    Options
    Every morning about 5 mins after I wake up completely naked. I've read in some of these posts that if they weigh daily it makes them obsessed. I am a person who NEEDS to be obsessed in order to make this work for me.
  • rileamoyer
    rileamoyer Posts: 2,411 Member
    Options
    Daily (usually) but I use once a week for logging it, when actively trying to lose a few lbs. Same day each week.
  • aelunyu
    aelunyu Posts: 486 Member
    Options
    twice a day every day, am/pm.
  • KPMP1992
    KPMP1992 Posts: 66
    Options
    My husband and oldest daughter weigh themselves every day and it drives me nuts! You can retain fluid one day, making it look like you've gained weight, not lost! I weigh myself once a week but am considering going to every other week so that I can (hopefully) see real progress. :)
  • mommy_0f2
    mommy_0f2 Posts: 5
    Options
    I am going to do it once a week. and also my measurments. that way i wont get discouraged. I use to do it daily but it was never constant and when I'd gain a lb or 2 id just quit and give up so this is my 2nd day on this site and its a good way to log your work. i think;) Just do what you feel comfortable doing=]
  • ancutz
    ancutz Posts: 26
    Options
    Once a week. Sunday mornings - get up, go to the bathroom, weigh and measure.

This week I will have an additional as I have to go into the hospital for testing and I need to weigh at the hospital before I'm admitted.

All depends, I used to do daily and I got so pissed off. So I opted for once a week, and I seem to do fine.

Same here, I started to weight myself once a week instead of once-twice a day how I used to. I exercise 6 times per week and my weight fluctuates so much that it used to get me insane and start crazy diets. My husband told me he would throw away the scale because he saw how sad I was. When you exercise you should not weight yourself daily as some people put muscles faster than they lose fat and the number on the scale goes up.The BF% is the most important and not the number on the scale unless you are overweight. Since I have made peace with the scale, I weight myself once a week.
  • jplowell3
    jplowell3 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I highly recommend you weigh yourself once per week, at the same time and scale. You'll definitely see which way you are going!
  • brower47
    brower47 Posts: 16,356 Member
    Options
    Two times a month. One week before my TOM and one week after my TOM. I love to see how different those two numbers can be. Female physiology is fascinating.