fat belly isn't going away

Options
HI all,

I started my clean diet 2 months ago, I started jogging for 3km at least 2 times a week and I also did abs exercises that I found on Youtube everyday. I am 100 lbs and I am skinny, however I have a really big fat belly. I tried almost everything, but nothing worked!!! It's really discouraging Did anyone experience this before? Any advice?

Replies

• dgoradia
    dgoradia Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    Depending on how much fat you have covering your abs, it takes longer than 2 months.

As for advice, build some muscle all around and continue losing fat, it will eventually go away.
  • jwdieter
    jwdieter Posts: 2,582 Member
    Options
    This may also be (probably is) a body-perception problem, or an actual health problem. See a doctor about it.
  • thedietguru
    Options
    Looks like a troll post to me. I doubt this is a serious question.
  • cynffia
    cynffia Posts: 9
    Options
    Thanks for your advice. I guess I will just wait for another month.
  • PlayerHatinDogooder
    PlayerHatinDogooder Posts: 1,018 Member
    Options
    I'm confused as to how you see yourself as skinny with a big belly?

Patience is one thing, weighing out your food is another. Running will help create a calorie deficit but does little in terms of improving body composition. Ab exercises are relatively inefficient. I would suggest strength training, a couple of moderate cardio sessions a week, and a reasonable calorie deficit.
  • 12skipafew99100
    12skipafew99100 Posts: 1,669 Member
    Options
    I want to see a picture of a 100 pound girl with a big fat belly, please.
  • originalcookiemonster
    Options
    Are you pregnant? :huh:
  • meredith1123
    meredith1123 Posts: 843 Member
    Options
    Do some HIIT.
    for instance - go run sprints as hard as you can for 10-15 seconds then walk for 10-15 seconds. repeat for as long and as hard as you can. Try for one mile at least. If that's something you can do, try two miles of sprints.
    belly fat will disappear......

I want to see a picture though. you're 100 pounds with belly fat? what are you like 4 feet tall?
  • tigersword
    tigersword Posts: 8,059 Member
    Options
    Are you pregnant? :huh:
    This sounds like the only plausible explanation...
  • RobynLB83
    RobynLB83 Posts: 626 Member
    Options
    I have a hard time picturing a 100 pounder with a big fat belly. Are you sure it this isn't in your head? If it's in your head, no amount of diet or exercise is going to get rid of it...
  • hippiejacket0810
    hippiejacket0810 Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    I lost 40 lbs on weight watchers. I'm 140 now which is supposedly a healthy weight but my stomach sticks out as well. Not much motivation to sit on the floor and do crunches forever.
  • Lifting_Knitter
    Lifting_Knitter Posts: 1,025
    Options
    I am with the others, can we see a picture of the area? The only ing I can think is that your muscles in your stomach are weak if you have a belly at such a low weight. What is your body fat% at?
  • SpazQ
    SpazQ Posts: 104
    Options
    I saw one of these in the gym yesterday.

While I wouldn't say she had a "big fat belly" I would say it was much larger compared to her overall shape. She was lanky and scrawny skinny, like legs the size of my arms. Yet she had a belly, round that was very noticeable. Her shoulders were as bony as could be and I wondered how she even had the strength to walk.

I also wouldn't guess her at 100 lbs. 80 or 90 tops.
  • cynffia
    Options
    exactly what SpazQ said. I am skinny and bony. I will post a picture. and no i'm not pregnant...
  • cynffia
    Options
    and you guys can tell me if i'm just imagining stuff or do I actually get it toned.
  • WilmaDennis91
    WilmaDennis91 Posts: 433 Member
    Options
    Well I don't know your definition of 100 pounds with a "fat" belly, but you can't spot reduce, so the best thing you can do is do full body workout and get yourself toned up and do ab works and eventually, it should get smaller.
  • cynffia
    Options
    I'm sorry if I confused you guys, I didn't use the term "fat" correctly. But basically, i'm just a skinny girl ,really skinny with no fat on anywhere of my body, except for my belly. It's not proportional compare to the rest of my body. I just want to tone it down, but it isnt working.
  • cynffia
    Options
    I saw one of these in the gym yesterday.

While I wouldn't say she had a "big fat belly" I would say it was much larger compared to her overall shape. She was lanky and scrawny skinny, like legs the size of my arms. Yet she had a belly, round that was very noticeable. Her shoulders were as bony as could be and I wondered how she even had the strength to walk.

I also wouldn't guess her at 100 lbs. 80 or 90 tops.

that's exactly what I wanted to say. My stomach is big compare to the rest of my body.
  • ElizabethKalmbach
    ElizabethKalmbach Posts: 1,416 Member
    Options
    Hormones, blood circulation, and muscle mass influence where your fat goes when you get it. You lose fat in the order that you gain it. First fat gained is the last fat lost. You cannot spot reduce fat. Keep building muscle to burn more fat, and eat at a deficit to burn more fat. And be patient.
  • ElizabethKalmbach
    ElizabethKalmbach Posts: 1,416 Member
    Options
    Also, probably not popular to point out, but an excess of alcohol can lead to an increase in visceral fat, particularly in younger women. If you drink frequently, reducing that can help. Your liver processes alcohol and fat. Alcohol is a higher priority, and if your liver is frequently busy processing alcohol, guess what it's NOT doing?