GAME OF THRONES

Options

Replies

• bearkisses
    bearkisses Posts: 1,252 Member
    Options
    ehhhh.....just wait till they find out that Joffrey gets killed.....

wow. why would you even post this spoiler.
  • Darius66
    Darius66 Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    It is bound to happen no? I never read it either and I see it coming!
  • DTJBMcT
    DTJBMcT Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    I've read the books, so I know what happens... and seeing the "Red Wedding" still made me cry!
  • toutmonpossible
    toutmonpossible Posts: 1,580 Member
    Options
    Even knowing it was coming didn't help much.

Not in the least. I thought I was prepared for it, but I most certainly was not.

I've never read the books, but I Googled the characters six weeks ago and learned their fate, although not when and where. I still was shocked. The only good thing was that the last death looked a little fake. I couldn't take any more at that point.
  • LordMarius
    LordMarius Posts: 28
    Options
    The author of the books is notorious for killing off "well liked" characters, as a previous poster stated, "Welcome to world of George RR Martin!" No "fairy tale" endings in his stories! You NEVER know what's going to happen next!
  • super_J73
    super_J73 Posts: 257 Member
    Options
    I just finished season 2 last night, now I have to wait until season 3 comes out on blu-ray. I'm picking up the books for sure!
  • EvilDollee
    EvilDollee Posts: 386 Member
    Options
    “If you think this has a happy ending, you haven't been paying attention."
  • YogaNikki
    YogaNikki Posts: 284 Member
    Options
    Anyone else love the fact that they didn't play music during the credits. It was like HBO was saying, 'Yeah, you just got motherf&@#ed. Marinate in it for a while.'
  • dessertlover27
    dessertlover27 Posts: 385 Member
    Options
    Even if you know what's going to happen, it's still a major tear fest. :sad:
  • silver_arrow3
    silver_arrow3 Posts: 1,373 Member
    Options
    I posted this in another GoT thread, but it's so true...
    946710_10151665446905874_483870930_n.jpg
  • PomegranatePriestess
    PomegranatePriestess Posts: 2,455 Member
    Options
    Anyone else love the fact that they didn't play music during the credits. It was like HBO was saying, 'Yeah, you just got motherf&@#ed. Marinate in it for a while.'

The absence of music = TV's jaw was still dropped like the non-book-readers.

"And now, a moment of silence as we mourn the annihilation of your innocence."
  • Lone_Wolf70
    Lone_Wolf70 Posts: 2,820 Member
    Options
    After reading the books years ago I watch this episode in anticipation and watched all of you non-book readers thinking to myself, "You know nothing, Jon Snow". But, I do feel for you. When I read the 'Red Wedding' in the book I dropped the book right there and just sat there dumb founded staring at those around me and they had no idea what I'd just went through. I had to pick the book up and re-read it. Now, you all know the big secret for season 3 that all of us book readers have had to keep for years. Welcome to the the club of being punched in the gut by George RR Martin. BUT, never forget that you still KNOW NOTHING.

I've been both anticipating and dreading this moment all season. I was a latecomer to the books - I didn't pick the first one up until after I had watched the first season of Game of Thrones, but still, I'm overly attached to the characters and it really was a punch in the gut.

same here, and i dvr'd the ep, but cant bear to watch it. Question: Did they sow GRey's head on Robb on the TV show too?
  • DanOhh
    DanOhh Posts: 1,806 Member
    Options
    After reading the books years ago I watch this episode in anticipation and watched all of you non-book readers thinking to myself, "You know nothing, Jon Snow". But, I do feel for you. When I read the 'Red Wedding' in the book I dropped the book right there and just sat there dumb founded staring at those around me and they had no idea what I'd just went through. I had to pick the book up and re-read it. Now, you all know the big secret for season 3 that all of us book readers have had to keep for years. Welcome to the the club of being punched in the gut by George RR Martin. BUT, never forget that you still KNOW NOTHING.

I've been both anticipating and dreading this moment all season. I was a latecomer to the books - I didn't pick the first one up until after I had watched the first season of Game of Thrones, but still, I'm overly attached to the characters and it really was a punch in the gut.

same here, and i dvr'd the ep, but cant bear to watch it. Question: Did they sow GRey's head on Robb on the TV show too?
    ^^^ !!!SPOILERS!!!! Not yet, the screen "went to black" as right after Cat's throat was slit. I have a feeling we'll see what is done with the victims next episode.
  • YogaNikki
    YogaNikki Posts: 284 Member
    Options

The absence of music = TV's jaw was still dropped like the non-book-readers.

"And now, a moment of silence as we mourn the annihilation of your innocence."

Lol. True story. I felt like I got violated.
  • DanOhh
    DanOhh Posts: 1,806 Member
    Options
    !!!! A LITTLE SPOILERY !!!!
    Did anyone else notice the "Easter Egg" sitting behind Robb during the wedding?
    IwUu1U6.jpg
    This guy with the twirly mustache and merman sigil is Wendel Manderly... kind of makes you hungry for pie... THE NORTH REMEMBERS!!!
    !!!! END SPOILERY !!!!
  • Thorbjornn
    Thorbjornn Posts: 329 Member
    Options
    When the music changed and the doors were shut, I knew something was going to happen, but not what exactly. The slaughter was a a shocker. I want to see Joffrey strung up, tortured and made to squeal like the coward he is before he's killed. I'm not sure what I want to see for Tywin Lannister. He's cold and calculating, but I don't think he's evil. I want to see Danaerys kick everyone's *kitten* and take the throne. I've been cheering for her from early on, but I didn't think she'd get as far as she has. She's slowly but surely, and seemingly unbeknownst to the other players in the game, gathering strength. At last reckoning, she seems to have the largest army and is not done yet. She is patient and a good strategist. If Daario proves to be loyal, she's got two good strategists in Daario and Ser Jorah, and a strong leader in Grey Worm. I wonder if it says anything that she is allied with no one, and is not relying on any alliances.
  • meshashesha2012
    meshashesha2012 Posts: 8,326 Member
    Options
    It is bound to happen no? I never read it either and I see it coming!

exactly i'm not a book reader but i know it will happen, what i cant wait to see is HOW. i just hope it's something 5,011 times worse than red wedding
  • stormdancer
    stormdancer Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    Well, not that this helps any, but here is a Youtube video,
    Peter Hollens sings' The Rains of Castamere' and I think its haunting.
    Oh and its in acapella so that's all his own voice, six different tracks overlaid. I liked the lighting on this a lot.
    An interesting choice to not make the vocals deeper, like it was in the show. I know he can go a lot deeper
    in tone, Peter Hollens did the Dwarf song 'Misty Mountains' from The Hobbit movie. Well this version works too.
    Enjoy! And share it around if you want, its got no spoilers in it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a4dc0OjFAw8
  • headfullofsongs
    headfullofsongs Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    I'm so excited about the finale tonight. I've been buzzing about all day. Decided to check the boards to see if there was a topic already, and here I am. Glad to find some folks here with like interests. Enjoy!! :)
  • zteven82
    zteven82 Posts: 13
    Options
    Boop. I can't figure out how to post the picture right, but the part with Grey Wind's head on Robb's body will be horrible to see :(