Stretch Mark Success Stories!

Options
highervibes
highervibes Posts: 2,219 Member
Hey ladies, I have stretch marks on my stomach since having the kids and I have often found myself saying "what's the point?" when doing anything to strengthen my abs. Over the years Ive noticed they faded and now its not looking to bad. Would any brave ladies post their awesome stretch marked selves for my benefit and motivation? :))

Replies

• SakuraRose13
    SakuraRose13 Posts: 621 Member
    Options
    I'll be brave here is my tummy ,my daughters are 15 months on the 9th and turning 3 Aug 10th. Mine are white they look like a sunburst ,Im not as concerned about the stretch marks as how my navel isn't in the same place is wierd,I had my navel pierced and when I became pregnant with my first I took it out so there is scar tissue there. My daughters were 6lbs 11 oz and 8lbs 6oz Im 4ft 10in . I have 16 left to lose still. I have stretch marks down the back of both my legs they are white for the most part atleast.

jtp6jb.jpg

I'm 29 and I have lost about 26 lbs since Jan 1st 2013.
  • LauriePar
    LauriePar Posts: 239 Member
    Options
    Proud stretch marks momma! You earned them!
  • highervibes
    Options
    I'll be brave here is my tummy ,my daughters are 15 months on the 9th and turning 3 Aug 10th. Mine are white they look like a sunburst ,Im not as concerned about the stretch marks as how my navel isn't in the same place is wierd,I had my navel pierced and when I became pregnant with my first I took it out so there is scar tissue there. My daughters were 6lbs 11 oz and 8lbs 6oz Im 4ft 10in . I have 16 left to lose still. I have stretch marks down the back of both my legs they are white for the most part atleast.

jtp6jb.jpg

I'm 29 and I have lost about 26 lbs since Jan 1st 2013.

They are really light and barely noticeable, you look great!
  • teamstanish
    teamstanish Posts: 274 Member
    Options
    You look great! I have a 14 month old and my stomach makes me cringe. I have abs but they are covered by loose skin and stretch marks. Oh to be a mother...she was worth it though!

If I get brave I'll update with a picture.
  • x4mygirlsx
    x4mygirlsx Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    Ive got tons of stretch marks and im happy to show them off. My belly was home to my 3 girls (now 3.5, 2 and 9 months)

I was at 200lbs when my 3rd daughter was born.

1st pic 3 months post partum 163, 2nd pic 6 months post partum at 152
    progresspic_zps1aa752db.jpg
  • MMFernaays
    MMFernaays Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    Thank you for posting this"highervibes"...I also feel the way you do! It would be great to have some motivation!

SakuraRose13 ~ Thank you for being brave and posting your photo!!
  • bLui_bella
    bLui_bella Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    I recently posted a picture on my profile of my stomach and granted they are tan now, you can see them stil.... I HATE them! And makes me feel like I am not getting anywhere, my sister in law keeps telling me that is not what people first notice when they see me though, so Ihave begun to come out of my shell and be more confident even though they are still there!
  • MMFernaays
    MMFernaays Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    Wishing MFP would introduce a "Like" Button!

Thank you ladies for posting!
  • NewMomNewME24
    NewMomNewME24 Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    I have a lot of weight to lose to even bare my stomach. I gained a lot of weight while I was pregnant and I have the stretch marks to show for it. I am determined to lose this weight, and I can imagine what my stomach will look like otherwise - but like people have said, we are tigers that have earned their stripes. None of us would change that for a second!!! I am not proud of my big belly but I am proud of those marks!!

SakuraRose13 --- you look AMAZING!!!!
  • ScreamingUnicorn
    ScreamingUnicorn Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    I wouldn't call my stomach a success just yet... Lord knows I'm certainly not quite happy with it but I'm working on it. I have reached my weight loss goal (150 lbs) but found that my stomach fat is still stubbornly clinging on so I have continued my weight loss in hopes of shaking it. (140 lbs as of today and its still there *sigh*) My stretch marks were admittedly never very dark and had faded a bit after I had my first child almost 5 years ago but I had another baby 9 months ago so they are more visible now, I'm pretty hopeful they will fade again but really my stretch marks aren't what drive me crazy. I'm much more concerned about the loose wrinkly skin and layer of fat over my abs. Anyway... Here ya go. I'm 25 years old and 5'5. My top pregnancy weight was 198 lbs both times, My highest weight when not pregnant was about 177 lbs and my current weight is 140 lbs.

9 months ago:
    DisplayImage12.jpg

today:
    IMG1979.jpg
    IMG1977.jpg
  • Marcillene
    Marcillene Posts: 484 Member
    Options
    BUMP I love this feed. especially since the girls that posted photos have bellies that look like mine! (Except mines not yet to where yalls is now)... great inspiration, keep em coming!
  • spunkychelsea
    spunkychelsea Posts: 316 Member
    Options
    Thank you ladies for sharing. My son didn't give me a ton of stretch marks. At almost 42 weeks (he was 13 days late) i only gained 23 lbs. I then lost 10 more pounds, and got pregnant. Gained 46 with my daughter (I went crazy with the eating - I gained almost 2 lbs every week starting at 16 weeks) and she was 6 days late (I feel like the extra cooking caused more since I didn't get stretch marks on my tummy with my son until after 38 weeks. I know stretch marks fade as I got some on hips and thighs from puberty, but I feel like on my stomach it's different.
    Thank you to those ladies who shared theirs. Maybe I will once I'm done losing weight.

Edited to add: I've lost 45 of my 46 pounds! Just 13 more to go until I'm in a healthy weight range! So excited. Feels like these last 13 will take forever though :(
  • highervibes
    Options
    I wouldn't call my stomach a success just yet... Lord knows I'm certainly not quite happy with it but I'm working on it. I have reached my weight loss goal (150 lbs) but found that my stomach fat is still stubbornly clinging on so I have continued my weight loss in hopes of shaking it. (140 lbs as of today and its still there *sigh*) My stretch marks were admittedly never very dark and had faded a bit after I had my first child almost 5 years ago but I had another baby 9 months ago so they are more visible now, I'm pretty hopeful they will fade again but really my stretch marks aren't what drive me crazy. I'm much more concerned about the loose wrinkly skin and layer of fat over my abs. Anyway... Here ya go. I'm 25 years old and 5'5. My top pregnancy weight was 198 lbs both times, My highest weight when not pregnant was about 177 lbs and my current weight is 140 lbs.

9 months ago:
    DisplayImage12.jpg

today:
    IMG1979.jpg
    IMG1977.jpg

Such an inspiration, THANK YOU!
  • MeIShouldB
    MeIShouldB Posts: 578 Member
    Options

9 months ago:
    DisplayImage12.jpg

GOOD LORD YOU LOOK AMAZING!

today:
    IMG1979.jpg
    IMG1977.jpg
  • FindingMyself24
    FindingMyself24 Posts: 613 Member
    Options
    So many awesome ladies here!!! I too have stretchmarks every where....i have them on my back...arms...legs...stomach....etc.....i my daughters are 3 and 15 months...i just started getting back into seriously losing weight again...i lost a lot of weight before i got pregnant with my second and then gained it back with the pregnancy.....but now i plan on losing that and then some!!! My stretch marks have faded...my arms and legs are the areas im most concerned with because those show even while in clothing...hopefully they will fade more...eh
  • mommy_0f2
    mommy_0f2 Posts: 5
    Options

9 months ago:
    DisplayImage12.jpg

today:
    IMG1979.jpg
    IMG1977.jpg

I love reading stuff like this because i know I am not alone. I am not brave enough to post my belly piks just yet but I hope one day I will. Great Job!
  • ScreamingUnicorn
    ScreamingUnicorn Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the positive feedback guys! I've never posted a picture of my stomach before and it was a bit out of my normal comfort zone, but I suppose I was feeling brave today. Its only been very recently that I have gotten more comfortable in my skin, though I still don't dare don a bikini in public. I really hope I can one day but in the meantime I need to remind myself that it's not yet been a year since I had a baby so more than anything, I need to be PATIENT with my body!
  • lawmaria
    lawmaria Posts: 184 Member
    Options
    i definitely know that i am not alone. i have them everywhere. stomach, side, boobs, legs, upper arms (never wear short sleeve shirts-hate it) or shorts and i cant remember the last time i wore a bathing suit. i feel like a big walking stretch mark sometimes. i gained 50lbs with my first son (he is 22) (also had gestational diabetes) and that was what started it by gaining weight so quickly and i was young so i didnt know much about my skin and taking care of it, etc. then i had my 2nd gained 50 (he is 16), then 3rd son gained 50 (he is 13) then my last beautiful baby boy age 19 months. i gained 80lbs due to gestational diabetes and edema in my legs. i lost 75lbs of the 80 i gained. i dislikem y mommy marks. i see lots of ladies showing their mommy marks, but i cant. i think everyone is staring at them. i need more confidence in showing my marks. but most of all i love being a mommy and having my boys. the best feeling in the world is being called mommy. i have about 17lbs to get to my goal weight. i need lots of toning workouts.
  • Marcillene
    Marcillene Posts: 484 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the positive feedback guys! I've never posted a picture of my stomach before and it was a bit out of my normal comfort zone, but I suppose I was feeling brave today. Its only been very recently that I have gotten more comfortable in my skin, though I still don't dare don a bikini in public. I really hope I can one day but in the meantime I need to remind myself that it's not yet been a year since I had a baby so more than anything, I need to be PATIENT with my body!
    Well i am so glad you did. my stomach looks like yours except i have alot more lower fat on my belly and love handles. but this is how i invision my stomach will look after working out and pushing myself. i am very glad you posted pictures... it does give me something to look forward to.
  • Kabuhtu
    Kabuhtu Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    I love this Topic and the posts. Keep em coming!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!