2 months, nothing

Options
1235»

Replies

• nbell120
    nbell120 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    If you're doing strength training you won't lose weight you'll actually gain weight from muscle mass, muscle weighs more than fat. You should start measuring your sucess by inches not pounds.
  • geekette411
    geekette411 Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    I decided to close it because some days I forgot to write down or record what I eat. I'm 5'3, I was at around 215 ish, and gained 5 lbs some how now at 220...my ultimate goal is 130 ish, my mini goal is 175 right now. I'm at a min of 1200 without exercise with is usually like 1500 or 1600, I WAS working out with 30 mins of eleptical every day,

day 1-arms
    day 2-abs
    day 3-legs
    day 4-rest
    day 5-arms
    day 2-abs
    day 3-legs

I even stopped taking whey thinking that might be the problem and it wasn't. I bought a nutriblast and started doing at least one smoothie a day, that's not helpful either.

We are very similar. I an 5' 4", started at 207, and my goal is 125. I have insomnia. My cals are also 1200 and I eat back my exercise burns.

But, I have lost 23 lbs in 7 weeks. I measure everything. I estimate high for stuff I'm not sure about, like restaurant food, and estimate low for exercise burns. I drink 12 glasses of water daily, at least.

Measure everything you eat and try to eat healthy.

Good luck!
  • mrsjones2point0
    mrsjones2point0 Posts: 332 Member
    Options
    Ask your doctor to do a Cortisol test (I would see a naturopath for it). It's a saliva test (be warned you have to collect spit in to a vial several times during the day)

I had one done, and they found that my cortisol levels were spiking at 2 am causing not only insomnia, but also effecting stress levels and weight loss.
  • cristynfaye
    cristynfaye Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    I'm pretty much in the same boat as you. I'm doing everything right, eating right, working out right, sleeping enough, drinking enough water, etc., and I haven't seen any progress. A couple of years ago I lost about 30 lbs, and I have recently gained back 15-20 of it, so I'm trying to lose it again. I know I can do it, and I'm doing pretty much what I did before, with no results. I've had my thyroid checked at least twice, and it comes back as normal. I have no idea what to tell you, other than keep trying, see a doctor/nutritionist, and just don't give up.
  • nikilis
    nikilis Posts: 2,305 Member
    Options
    I'm pretty much in the same boat as you. I'm doing everything right, eating right, working out right, sleeping enough, drinking enough water, etc., and I haven't seen any progress. A couple of years ago I lost about 30 lbs, and I have recently gained back 15-20 of it, so I'm trying to lose it again. I know I can do it, and I'm doing pretty much what I did before, with no results. I've had my thyroid checked at least twice, and it comes back as normal. I have no idea what to tell you, other than keep trying, see a doctor/nutritionist, and just don't give up.

your in a boat, but its not the one you think it is. its got big holes in it, logging and intake holes. those are big holes.

if you arn't logging your food properly (you are hardly logging at all) which seems like you may do about once a week, how could you know that your intake was "right".

secondly, when you do log what looks like an entire day, you don't seem to make it over 1050cals. this is really not good.

and third, with what would seem to be quite a low intake, you are doing a good amount of exercise, which is good, but you are not eating back any of your calories. with such a low intake, you should be eating back at least half to 2/3 of those extra calories. by doing this you are dropping your net calories way below 1000, which is very bad for you. make no mistake about that.

so irrespective of weightloss, you are not doing everything right. some of the things you are doing wrong are key to your health and key to tracking your food. thats important information.

you should see a dietician, and post your weight / height / age here.

:drinker: