Loosing weight doesn't reduce breast size!

Options

Replies

• jlapey
    jlapey Posts: 1,850 Member
    Options
    I was an A cup almost all of my adult life. I gained weight in last few years and now am a C. I just assume when I've lost the weight, I'll be back to an A. No big deal.
  • bpwparents
    bpwparents Posts: 359 Member
    Options
    Not for everyone. I've lost over 70 lbs and have gone down in band size and cup size.
  • Meg_Shirley_86
    Meg_Shirley_86 Posts: 275 Member
    Options
    Hey good news, everyone else! You all measured wrong!

^^Haha, this! When I got out of basic training I was up a cup size, though. If you are lucky enough to lose around your ribs more than your actual bust, you might stay the same or go up a size. It depends on how you lose, and whether you measure as a seamstress would, or the VS "Bra Sizing for Dummies" method. Most will lose some boobs though.
  • hseipel12
    hseipel12 Posts: 26
    Options
    My boobs never change. Some of use are just lucky. I weighed 110 in high school and had Ds. Now I'm 130 and I still have Ds.
  • ILuvMoo
    ILuvMoo Posts: 41
    Options

^^Haha, this! When I got out of basic training I was up a cup size, though. If you are lucky enough to lose around your ribs more than your actual bust, you might stay the same or go up a size. It depends on how you lose, and whether you measure as a seamstress would, or the VS "Bra Sizing for Dummies" method. Most will lose some boobs though.

I bet developing the pecs under them has something to do with things, too.
  • ahviendha
    ahviendha Posts: 1,291 Member
    Options
    Glad that's how it is, for YOU. Boobs are fat, when you lose fat...well you get the point..

ya...i lost a cup size and a half.
  • dawningr
    dawningr Posts: 387 Member
    Options
    Mine have got bigger - well look bigger but that because i do lots of upper body workouts and the muscle underneath is redefining them.

this is my hope and the reason I am faithful with my upper body workouts.
  • RunHardBeStrong
    RunHardBeStrong Posts: 33,069 Member
    Options
    Great for you but please tell that to my boobs and my husband! I have lost 107 lbs and gone from a D to B or as my husband says "One cup size away from divorce." :laugh:
  • lilkat_0087
    lilkat_0087 Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    tell that to my chest. *sad trombone*
  • Ashwee87
    Ashwee87 Posts: 695 Member
    Options
    Aww a special snowflake! :'D
  • crazybookworm
    crazybookworm Posts: 779 Member
    Options
    Certainly was NOT the case for me! I went for a 42 D and am now a 36 B. Consider yourself lucky lol
  • Meg_Shirley_86
    Meg_Shirley_86 Posts: 275 Member
    Options

I bet developing the pecs under them has something to do with things, too.

Not really. It is relative to band size going down. Pecs can kind of help with perkiness, but adding actual size, not really.
  • amandabcdefg
    amandabcdefg Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    ive lost about 80lbs and went from a filling out a 38c to now filling a 34d? weird.. but they are lower and less full, waaayy less full, but between the glands that are left and skin and such, once they are lifted by the bra, nothing lower than a d cup will hold the whole booby... but once i lay down, the cup is pretty damn empty..... i've started talking to the hubby about getting them done though, i feel less feminine without what i used to have, i dont feel as proportional anymore :(

Not really that weird. Cup size and band size aren't proportional. A D with a 38 band is not the same size D with a 34 band.

And I also second the idea that you might not have been measured right. Because places DON'T measure you the real way. I'd been told I was a 38DD, when in reality, I'm a 36I. Measure yourself properly!

i never got measured before, i just wore what "fit" and then eventually got a measuring tape and did it myself. i definitely agree that most are not being properly measured though, in reality a d cup is not that big since its only about.. 4 inches of a difference between the band size, correct? then we see people who claim to have huge d cup boobs and i wonder how is it that we have the same bra size when hers are enormous and mine are... womp womp woommmppp.. Lol!
  • PikaKnight
    PikaKnight Posts: 34,971 Member
    Options

:laugh: I must've measured REALLY wrong.

Yeah. And here I was so sure that I'd drop from a DD to a D. Also, there goest hopes for dropping another cup size or two. :grumble:
  • bacitracin
    bacitracin Posts: 921 Member
    Options
    Are all you ladies doing butterfly presses and bench presses? I'm curious, for science.
  • Hanfordrose
    Hanfordrose Posts: 688 Member
    Options
    At 68 years old, I know my what my bra size was throughout my life. When I was young, it was an upright 36DD. I probably could have worn a DDD, but I just let 'the girls' burst over the top of bra. That was (maybe still is) considered sexy in some circles. I went braless too often in the liberated 60's, and my nipples began to point south. I lost 99 pounds in the 80's and immediately deflated back to a comfort D cup. At 280 pounds, my bra size was a 36DD in a well fitted bra; but I will never my nipples again, unless I get breast surgery. They are too far south to view anymore.

With my recent weight loss, the family breast expert...my hubbie, stated quite clearly, "You're not so fluffy anymore, Mama." That translates to, "Your fat boobies are getting FLAT." If this keeps up, I will look like one of those older, native women in National Geographic with something like pancakes hanging from her chest.

Yes. You do lose and gain breast size based on how much you lose or gain weight. These babies store fat and are usually the first things to lose fat, when I lose weight. It seems like the older you are, the worse it gets.
  • VegKate
    VegKate Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    I've only lost 11 lbs so far, but I've gone from a D to a C and I don't mind! I thought they would look smaller, but since my stomach is also smaller now, they still look great and in proportion with the rest of me. Can't complain.
  • Alissakae
    Alissakae Posts: 317 Member
    Options
    I don't understand why body has chosen to release a ton of fat from my chest when I've got all this belly fat to get rid of. Obviously my body has different priorities than I do.
  • tinah1126
    tinah1126 Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    I am loving reading all the posts... great laughs.....so jealous though. I was praying for a loss in my boobs and after 26 lbs lost and only about 10-15 from my goal I dont see it happening. I am a 34DDD and would KILL to be a 34C again!! I had C cups before kids and when I got pregnant they grew to a whopping 36DD...I almost died. Needless to say they have never gone away. I went and got measured due to having a lot of shoulder pain and was told I was wearing the wrong size and needed a 34DDD not a 36DD. Love the fit of my new 34DDD bra's but would love to be able to walk into any store and grab a C cup and know I am good.
  • charlesnapolitano
    charlesnapolitano Posts: 302 Member
    Options
    im here for the boobs