Loosing weight doesn't reduce breast size!

Options

Replies

• MizTerry
    MizTerry Posts: 3,763 Member
    Options
    Well good for you, honey pie! Give you a cookie!

Some of us weren't so fortunate. :grumble:

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
  • RunHardBeStrong
    RunHardBeStrong Posts: 33,069 Member
    Options
    Are all you ladies doing butterfly presses and bench presses? I'm curious, for science.

I do! I belong to the heavy lifting club, so I do it all!
  • murphy612
    murphy612 Posts: 734 Member
    Options
    Are all you ladies doing butterfly presses and bench presses? I'm curious, for science.

Yep :) And although my cup size has shrunk to nothing my pecs have gotten bigger and lifts those little bad boys up!
  • _CrepeSuzette_
    _CrepeSuzette_ Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    I got measured about a week before I began to lose weight and I was a 38D, today after losing 30lbs i got remeasured and i've gone UP a cup size. My band size is still a 38 (apparently I have a very large ribcage) but i'm now a DD. I asked why and she says that when losing weight boobs sometimes change shape, not get smaller, but change, and somehow i've changed in a way that made me go UP. So ladies do not fear, just because you lose weight it doesn't always mean you'll lose your boobs!!

Uhm i think it's a genetic thing.
    I know many friends who literally lost 50+% of breasts during their diets, instead of me.
    In past during a diet i lost about 50 lbs and went from a 42C to a 40D (my bust circumference shrinked but the breasts dimension stayed the same).
  • holliebevineau
    holliebevineau Posts: 441 Member
    Options
    My cup size has not changed, yet. genetics play a big part in it.
  • dooplegoon
    dooplegoon Posts: 66
    Options
    Boobs are my reward for the hard work of losing weight. If I don't have any left when I'm done I will buy a new pair.
  • jody664
    jody664 Posts: 397 Member
    Options
    I got measured about a week before I began to lose weight and I was a 38D, today after losing 30lbs i got remeasured and i've gone UP a cup size. My band size is still a 38 (apparently I have a very large ribcage) but i'm now a DD. I asked why and she says that when losing weight boobs sometimes change shape, not get smaller, but change, and somehow i've changed in a way that made me go UP. So ladies do not fear, just because you lose weight it doesn't always mean you'll lose your boobs!!
    Exact same thing happened to me. I went from a 38C to a 36DD. Weird, but I'm not complaining. I kinda like the girls the size they are. :smile:
  • PrinnyMartel
    PrinnyMartel Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    I am loving reading all the posts... great laughs.....so jealous though. I was praying for a loss in my boobs and after 26 lbs lost and only about 10-15 from my goal I dont see it happening. I am a 34DDD and would KILL to be a 34C again!! I had C cups before kids and when I got pregnant they grew to a whopping 36DD...I almost died. Needless to say they have never gone away. I went and got measured due to having a lot of shoulder pain and was told I was wearing the wrong size and needed a 34DDD not a 36DD. Love the fit of my new 34DDD bra's but would love to be able to walk into any store and grab a C cup and know I am good.
    Same here!! I'm a 38DDD and I feel like they're throwing my shape out of proportion. Really hoping to lose a couple sizes.
    Also might try measuring myself.
  • shadow2soul
    shadow2soul Posts: 7,692 Member
    Options
    My boobs better shrink with weight loss. :grumble:

Most of the women in my family have small boobs ( A & B cup). As for me well, that's another story. Let just say before I gained weight I was a 34D and although I don't know what my bra size was at my highest weight, I am now a 34H :explode: :grumble: :mad: I hate the damn things. If they don't get back to at least a 34DD, well then I'm going to consider surgery to fix it.:indifferent:
  • bcf7683
    bcf7683 Posts: 1,653 Member
    Options

Yep :) And although my cup size has shrunk to nothing my pecs have gotten bigger and lifts those little bad boys up!

Agreed.
  • andiroot
    andiroot Posts: 43
    Options
    it may not be that you didn't lose breast tissue/fat, it may jus be that you lost MORE belly fat. cup size is determined by the difference in inches between ribcage & biggest point around your breast. fat melts of us all at different rates & spots.
  • caspergirl7
    caspergirl7 Posts: 590 Member
    Options

yep true!! i went up as well in cup size but down in band size
  • missshyeviolett
    missshyeviolett Posts: 310 Member
    Options
    I hope mine get smaller. The bigger they got, the further they fell....
  • tcraw15
    tcraw15 Posts: 223 Member
    Options
    I do think it has something to do with genetics. I don't think I would ever be lower than a C cup. I was a C cup throughout pretty much all of high school. Biggest I got was a 38DD. Granted, I've lost 20 lbs so far, I went from a 38DD to a 36DD. My boobs haven't really changed at all. But I guess I'll see what happens after I lose the rest of my weight. Still got another 30-40lbs to lose. I'm just worried about them deflating cause they are already pretty flat as it is.. I don't want them to get any flatter! But on the other hand, everyone's boobs are gonna be flat one day or another. I would never expect to be old with nice perky boobs, or even the ones I have now. It's all downhill from now anyway. Lol.
  • gigglybeth
    gigglybeth Posts: 365 Member
    Options
    The first two places I lose weight is my face and my boobs. I think the biggest I had was a 44D and I now wear a 38C and I've got everything in between in my drawer. Taking collagen supplements seemed to help a very tiny little bit and made the tops of them look a bit fuller.
  • laughingdani
    laughingdani Posts: 2,275 Member
    Options
    Tell that to my DD's. Oh wait.... they're small B's now. :noway:
  • christina2411
    Options
    YES. it does haha
    but everyone is different
    yours might stay while anothers might vanish
  • ttiiggzz
    ttiiggzz Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    My cup certainly doesn't runneth over any more... and hubby has definitely complained. *insert eye roll here*
  • ksuetorres
    ksuetorres Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    Sigh. I've lost so much weight I need a training bra. Fortunately, my husband is a Leg Man!
  • Deipneus
    Deipneus Posts: 1,862 Member
    Options
    I lost 40-50 pounds and I haven't lost any "size". :happy: