Replies

• Cocoapuff717
    Cocoapuff717 Posts: 155
    Options
    You can, as long as you do the following:

1. Have a glass of water with lemon.
    2. Count the fruit in your water.

Just to be fair.

This is basics. Common sense. Are you making fun? Cause water is serious bizznezz.
  • chantelp89
    chantelp89 Posts: 590 Member
    Options
    Can I count my redbull as water?
  • kellijauch
    kellijauch Posts: 379 Member
    Options
    No, Kool-Aid does not count. It's no longer water when you add in a ton of chemicals and artifical colors and flavors as well as a cup or two of sugar. Not really water anymore, might as well be soda.

And btw - yes sugar absolutely DOES make you fat. Plenty of other things do too, but sugar is certainly a chubby culprit.
  • whierd
    whierd Posts: 14,026 Member
    Options

Has water in it, so yes!
  • whierd
    Options
    No, Kool-Aid does not count. It's no longer water when you add in a ton of chemicals and artifical colors and flavors as well as a cup or two of sugar. Not really water anymore, might as well be soda.

And btw - yes sugar absolutely DOES make you fat. Plenty of other things do too, but sugar is certainly a chubby culprit.

Water does not stop being water just because stuff is added it it. It requires a chemical change.

And sugar does not make you fat, excess calories do.
  • Cocoapuff717
    Options

What if you eat the packet of kool aid and the sugar first? Then drink the water. Does that count?

*edit* I promise I won't jump around to mix it in my tummy.
  • SRH7
    SRH7 Posts: 2,037 Member
    Options
    You have to DRINK 8 (8 ounce) glasses of water a day.

That's completely and totally wrong. A good portion of your water intake can come from foods and other liquids and there is no set guideline that defines how much water one should drink. 8 glasses a day is a totally arbitrary number espoused in a 1974 nutrition book - it's only a theory.

QFT
  • hungryhobbit1
    hungryhobbit1 Posts: 259 Member
    Options
    You could, but what would be the point of all that work? if you're healthy and losing weight and not dehydrated without drinking your water and just eating your fruits and veggies, fine. If you're not thriving, not losing weight, eating too much because you're thirsty but it feels like hunger, it doesn't matter how many cups of water you're taking in via food, you need more water.

Well I currently get most of my water from Coke Zero and Rockstar Zero Carb energy drinks.
    Don't feed the trolls people...

That wasn't even a joke. I could take a pic of the inside of my truck if you want.

Taking this at face value as a non-joke for a minute, good lord man stop doing that. Coke Zero and Rockstar are both loaded with caffeine (and also have some sodium.) Not only are they not water but they have a diuretic effect. If not water, drink something caffeine-free on a regular basis throughout the day while you are working outside. Preferably water, but in answer to your question about Crystal Lite, that's an ok substitute if you don't mind the chemicals. (But blech. Just drink water.)
  • chantelp89
    chantelp89 Posts: 590 Member
    Options

Has water in it, so yes!
    What about, you know, ; )
  • Cocoapuff717
    Options

Has water in it, so yes!

What's that?
  • whierd
    Options
    You could, but what would be the point of all that work? if you're healthy and losing weight and not dehydrated without drinking your water and just eating your fruits and veggies, fine. If you're not thriving, not losing weight, eating too much because you're thirsty but it feels like hunger, it doesn't matter how many cups of water you're taking in via food, you need more water.

Well I currently get most of my water from Coke Zero and Rockstar Zero Carb energy drinks.
    Don't feed the trolls people...

That wasn't even a joke. I could take a pic of the inside of my truck if you want.

Taking this at face value as a non-joke for a minute, good lord man stop doing that. Coke Zero and Rockstar are both loaded with caffeine (and also have some sodium.) Not only are they not water but they have a diuretic effect. If not water, drink something caffeine-free on a regular basis throughout the day while you are working outside. Preferably water, but in answer to your question about Crystal Lite, that's an ok substitute if you don't mind the chemicals. (But blech. Just drink water.)

The reason I drink it is for the caffeine. The diuretic effect is annoying since I drive a lot.

And I am ok with the chemicals.
  • whierd
    Options

Has water in it, so yes!

Please PM
  • Cadori
    Cadori Posts: 4,810 Member
    Options
    I count the water from a good make-out session, so I say yes. :drinker:
  • ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,139 Member
    Options
    I assume you're just trolling here, but if not- NO! None of that counts. You have to DRINK 8 (8 ounce) glasses of water a day. Showering and swimming do not count at all, and neither does eating fruit. Neither does kool-aid or tea. Straught up water down your throat. Come on man. You have to get serious if you want to see real results.

as a certified troll, this thread has my approval of an approved troll thread!
  • WaterBunnie
    WaterBunnie Posts: 1,370 Member
    Options
    Unless you've got a flip-top head I don't think you'll be taking in much water from showering :-)
  • Bikini27
    Bikini27 Posts: 1,298 Member
    Options
    Add some vodka to your fruit. If you do it enough, you'll forget all about water.

Woman after my own heart :love:
  • CarolElaine25
    Options
    Add some vodka to your fruit. If you do it enough, you'll forget all about water.

Look at all this water!

CucWat-Vodka2.jpg
  • dennymau
    dennymau Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    what_zpsd6e12442.gif
  • CristinaL1983
    CristinaL1983 Posts: 1,119 Member
    Options
    In
  • Bikini27
    Bikini27 Posts: 1,298 Member
    Options

Look at all this water!

CucWat-Vodka2.jpg

My dinner tonight!!