Taking food to movie theatre

Options

Replies

• 970Mikaela1
    970Mikaela1 Posts: 2,013 Member
    Options
    Pssh, everybody sneaks food in. Take a rotisserie chicken too just for kicks.

this

we took in a large pizza one time

and a couple foot longs from subway and you've got a party!!!
  • SCSURaynmann
    SCSURaynmann Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    I didn't even need to sneak it in. I bought a sub at subway and carried it in so they could see it. What are they gonna do? Are they going to choose to lose $12 on a movie seat they most likely will not fill if they have to refund my ticket price? I don't think so. Choose to be discreet if you want on beverages, but i've seen moms bring in a 6-pack of soda, large twizzlers, M&Ms, and then only buy 1 large popcorn at the concession stand and share it among her 5 kids. She just spent $70 on tickets, you think the theater cares about her food and beverages. Not really.
  • DonnaRe2012
    DonnaRe2012 Posts: 298 Member
    Options
    $5.75 for really stale crappy popcorn, $3.75 for watered down soda ? I think not !!

That's what your BIG PURSE is for !!!! :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
  • lee91356
    lee91356 Posts: 330 Member
    Options
    I was told once by a theater employee just to hide my food in my bag and dont be too obvious about lol
  • annabellj
    annabellj Posts: 1,337 Member
    Options
    it typically costs us 50 bucks in tickets alone for the ffive of us and thats not including if the boys want to bring a friend. not to mention the 30 we spend at the concessions. if i bring in my own popcorn or protein bar cuz im hypoglycemic, im not feeling guilty about it!
  • hottiebikerchick
    hottiebikerchick Posts: 187 Member
    Options
    I take bottled water and my own snacks- WHO DOESNT????
  • puppy1002
    puppy1002 Posts: 162 Member
    Options
    I use to work at Total Wine and More, which was located next to a movie theater. When a group of people came in to buy the little shots I knew they were going to the movies next. I even had a girl buy the 4 packs of little wine bottles to take into the movies with her.

I like to remember my movies so I never did that........
  • EDollah
    EDollah Posts: 464 Member
    Options
    If theaters started selling concessions that were only 100% higher than the same product at a convenience store, I'll consider buying from them. Until then, hail no, I always bring in goodies.

Notable exception: when a theater pops their own popcorn fresh.
  • MadelineGraceG
    MadelineGraceG Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    I know several people have already posted on this, but I thought I'd throw in my two cents.

I used to work at a movie theater, and if someone asked if they could bring food/drink into the movie, we were told to tell them, "Sure! That's fine!" And therefore making a happy customer. BUT we were NOT allowed to shout it to the world about people being allowed to bring their own concessions. . . But I kind of did anyway. . . (shhhhhh!)
  • HeatherLynn82281
    HeatherLynn82281 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    I have always snuck food in, I know its wrong and against the rules but I can't care. When the ticket alone is twelve bucks (welcome to LA) and a small diet coke is five, it's hard not to want to take your own. I usually share a small diet coke with the BF since the bucket they give you is great to split. I have discovered Special K Cracker Chips and fell in love. The cheddar ones taste just like Ruffles, so I sneak those in for my salt fix. It's a better choice than the calorie bomb popcorn

Special K also has a Popcorn Chip that I sneak in with me! Soooo good!
  • HeatherLynn82281
    HeatherLynn82281 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Oh and the theater in White Marsh has a vending machine for sodas ($4.25 a bottle) so when I go there I ALWAYS grab bottled sodas or waters for us from home or the dollar store and then play it off as if we bought them from there
  • freddi11e
    freddi11e Posts: 317 Member
    Options
    I ALWAYS BRING MY OWN FOOD! not only is the food ridiculously expensive at the theatre, but there is not ONE item except for water that is sold at the concession stand that wouldnt leave me feeling guilty lol. i bring a mini backpack and stock up on snacks before I go in lol... 150 calorie pint of Arctic Freeze "frozen yogurt"... apple slices.... these cookies I bake at home that are only 3 ingredients... what else... hmm.... almonds, kale chips.... you get the idea :) it's all good... stock up!
  • fightingthefood
    Options
    Roasted turkey legs. Men, put it in your front pants pocket. The male employees are afraid to ask what it is and the female employees just look at you and smile.
  • TheStephil
    TheStephil Posts: 858 Member
    Options
    I didn't even need to sneak it in. I bought a sub at subway and carried it in so they could see it. What are they gonna do? Are they going to choose to lose $12 on a movie seat they most likely will not fill if they have to refund my ticket price? I don't think so. Choose to be discreet if you want on beverages, but i've seen moms bring in a 6-pack of soda, large twizzlers, M&Ms, and then only buy 1 large popcorn at the concession stand and share it among her 5 kids. She just spent $70 on tickets, you think the theater cares about her food and beverages. Not really.

My grandpa worked in the movie theater business his entire career and the interesting thing is, the movie theaters hardly make anything off of tickets. They make all their money off of the food and drinks. They have to pay big bucks to play the movie in their theaters and rarely make a profit with ticket sales.

That being said, I still bring in my own food/drinks. My bf loves to buy their popcorn and drinks but I'm not spending that kind of money so he's usually on his own.
  • c_faulkenburg
    c_faulkenburg Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    I brought those little bottles of wine in my purse once.
  • meshashesha2012
    meshashesha2012 Posts: 8,326 Member
    Options
    Pssh, everybody sneaks food in. Take a rotisserie chicken too just for kicks.

this! my ex boyfriend used to bring in a bucket of KFC with sides :laugh:

they dont even check anymore. i've brought in pizzas, taco salads, burgers, chips, sushi, huge halloween bags sized candy. sometimes my friends and i will see what crazy thing can we bring in to see if they will say something. the huge pizza box was by far the most ridic thing

i always bring in my own water and will sometimes splurge for a slushy and actual popcorn if other people are going to eat with me.

but i think it's cute when people sneak in a sandwich baggy of snack and are like :blushing:
  • 7opoundsin16weeks
    7opoundsin16weeks Posts: 211 Member
    Options
    sometimes i sneak in homemade popcorn
  • liesevanlingen
    liesevanlingen Posts: 508 Member
    Options
    Since my son is allergic to wheat, eggs, dairy, soy, tomatoes, potatoes, garlic, peas, nuts, fish and shellfish...you tell me what he CAN have at the theatre and I'll get it for him...but until then I'm bringing in his own snacks for him. Maybe a bottle of water?
  • MercenaryNoetic26
    MercenaryNoetic26 Posts: 2,747 Member
    Options
    Lol sneaking foods in the theater is the smart thing to do! I've gone in there with fast food, apples, water bottles, candy... Times is hard!
  • MercenaryNoetic26
    MercenaryNoetic26 Posts: 2,747 Member
    Options
    I brought those little bottles of wine in my purse once.

Lol I've done that. :bigsmile: