Loosing weight doesn't reduce breast size!

Options

Replies

• crisbabe81
    crisbabe81 Posts: 170
    Options
    ive lost about 80lbs and went from a filling out a 38c to now filling a 34d? weird.. but they are lower and less full, waaayy less full, but between the glands that are left and skin and such, once they are lifted by the bra, nothing lower than a d cup will hold the whole booby... but once i lay down, the cup is pretty damn empty..... i've started talking to the hubby about getting them done though, i feel less feminine without what i used to have, i dont feel as proportional anymore :(

I understand completely! I went from a 48DDD when I was 275 (even then I was falling out of my bra) to a 34D when I was 150, they were still a good size but it felt wrong. Today I am a 40DD, actually want the girls to go this time.
  • jennifershoo
    jennifershoo Posts: 3,198 Member
    Options
    OP, you should stop assuming every bodies are the same. Good for you if you gained a size (not sure I believe that anyway, someone must have measured wrong), but for other people, it will not be the case. Boobs have fat in them. When you reduce your body fat %, it comes from anywhere on your body. You can't spot reduce. Where you lose your fat is genetic.
  • horsewhisper91
    horsewhisper91 Posts: 456 Member
    Options
    Mine have definitely gone down in size. I used to be a 36C and now I'm down to a B back about a month ago. And now...I'm afraid I might have dropped down to an A. Not sure for sure, but feel smaller than they were ten pounds ago. :(
  • lilacinfinity
    lilacinfinity Posts: 283 Member
    Options
    Good to know. I'm a 40A (Do you know how hard those are to find?!) and on the chubby side as it is! I think the best I can hope for is a 36B
  • Lochlyn_D
    Lochlyn_D Posts: 492 Member
    Options
    In you, perhaps.
  • DTJBMcT
    DTJBMcT Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    I used to have bodacious ta-tas. Now I can barely scrape up a "ta". Sigh.

Good news, though... They're making those things EVERY DAY. When I get to my weight loss goal, if I want sparkly new ones, I can do that. :laugh:
  • ShallaLovee1
    ShallaLovee1 Posts: 356 Member
    Options
    Haha, I went from a DD to a 36 or something like that C. I'm happy to have lost some of it. I hated those suckers. They popped out of everything. Irritated the life out of me.
  • DrCaspianDoll
    DrCaspianDoll Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    I think the general rule is that if your breasts were the BIGGEST part of your body (ie: mine) then after loosing weight they will will be proportionally large BUT if you had more fat in other places then yes you will loose weight all around. The breast gets fat like any other part of the body, but there is also beast tissue in younger women, and the larger the breast is naturally the more of that tissue remains and in my case THANK GOD FOR THAT!
  • phkelley
    phkelley Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    :smile: Funny. What to do when you need to lose weight but don't want to completely lose the boob or hip! Pray!!!!
  • perfect_storm
    perfect_storm Posts: 326 Member
    Options
    Good news for you but before the weight loss I was a 34C a very full C now I am a 34B a small B. Every body is different and reacts to weight loss differently you can not generalize it for everyone.
  • FitMrsR
    FitMrsR Posts: 226 Member
    Options
    That's great news for you! When I lost 25lbs mine didn't change either but when I got to a total of 93lbs lost (I gained lots while I was pregnant with my first) my cup size went from a D to an A unless you count what cup size I was when I had my daughter (that would be an E to an A) so yeah they do start to go at some point.
  • fruitloop2
    fruitloop2 Posts: 437 Member
    Options
    You're a special special girl.

Have a few kids. Breastfeed. Then lose those 30 lbs.

38C to barely 34B

True story.

Yup, true story here to. Exact same except for a 55lb loss. Happy I lost the weight...not happy about losin' the boobs :sad:
  • booksgiver
    booksgiver Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    You always make me chuckle at your candidness. We can't pick and choose our body types, nor can we defeat the aging process. I think that's where the "gracefully" part comes in, because I can't imagine any woman happy to have "pancakes" instead of her former figure. Men shrink too, ya know, but they don't talk so much about that, now do they?:blushing:
  • MooMyuu
    MooMyuu Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    I only read the first post and gotta say... you're a freak of nature.

I lost 95 lbs and went from a D to a B.

But I guess I measured wrong, huh?
  • MysticRealm
    MysticRealm Posts: 1,264 Member
    Options
    Sure did for me. I was a bigger B when I was 30 pounds heavier, now I am probably an A (haven't gotten any new clothes so not actually sure but my B bras are all gaping in the cups.)
  • Dynamis600
    Dynamis600 Posts: 743 Member
    Options
    Be happy you are a special one.

Breasts contain fat. That's why they get bigger most of the time when you gain weight and WILL reduce in size when you lose weight.

Well thank God for that, I am 36E And would love to be a C cup. Just don't need blackeyes from jumping on the trampoline.
  • alliebeth88
    alliebeth88 Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    I'm counting on my boobs going back down...I'm a 38F right now, but my band is very loose even on the tightest hook. I want back in my 34DDs!
  • Claire_x90
    Claire_x90 Posts: 94
    Options
    people have different body types and therefore store fat in different areas. I lose weight from my chest, arms and legs mostly. bye bye boobs :( whereas my sister loses from her stomach and her bum mostly (*****!) haha

This whole thread is ridiculous.

PS I work in a bra store, what some people don't realise is the cup size on a bra changes according to the band size

i.e.

34B = 32C in the cup the B and C are exactly the same
    34B and 34 C are different in the cup

therefore if you lose back fat and are lucky enough to keep boob fat you could go from a 32B to a 30C ...and actually appear to go up even though the cup hasn't changed.
  • andiroot
    andiroot Posts: 43
    Options
    people have different body types and therefore store fat in different areas. I lose weight from my chest, arms and legs mostly. bye bye boobs :( whereas my sister loses from her stomach and her bum mostly (*****!) haha

PS I work in a bra store, what some people don't realise is the cup size on a bra changes according to the band size

i.e.

therefore if you lose back fat and are lucky enough to keep boob fat you could go from a 32B to a 30C ...and actually appear to go up even though the cup hasn't changed.

this 100%. if your belly/rib area lost fat then your cup would "go up a size"
    it doesn't mean your breasts grew or didn't shrink, it just means the other part of you is less fat.
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options

i.e.

I had no idea. It makes no sense whatsoever to me but I believe you, lol. It's good to know!

So you mean that if I went from a 38DD to a 36DD, I actually lost some cup too?