Why do people hide their food diaries on here?

Options
I was just wondering why is it such a big secret what someone is eating...Why do people hide their food diaries on here? Any answers?

Replies

• Carnivor0us
    Carnivor0us Posts: 1,752 Member
    Options
    I guess cause diet is very personal?

I keep mine open because I like to show off and hopefully disgust people.

BEHOLD THE DOZEN DUCK AND CHICKEN EGGS I EAT IN A WEEK!
  • rawrxamberx
    rawrxamberx Posts: 646 Member
    Options
    Mine is closed mainly because that was the default setting for one.
    Two, because I feel the diary is more for me and not really anyone else. Like a personal thing.
  • RedRita32
    RedRita32 Posts: 321 Member
    Options
    Lol I don't know...some people don't want to be judged..or maybe they don't want others to know they went over...
  • TheHorribleBlob
    TheHorribleBlob Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    Mine is set to private because I don't log anything or count calories.
  • jdyg81
    jdyg81 Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    I was wondering the same thing
  • Joreanasaurous
    Joreanasaurous Posts: 1,384 Member
    Options
    Mine is set to private because I don't log anything or count calories.

this and even if I did I would be too lazy/apathetic to change my settings so people can look at it.
  • djc315
    djc315 Posts: 585 Member
    Options
    Because if you aren't on my friends list, why are you checking my diary? Mine is open if you are a friend, otherwise, it's closed.
  • 970Mikaela1
    970Mikaela1 Posts: 2,013 Member
    Options
    Mine is closed cuz i know colonel sanders recipe, and its listed in my notes;)
  • corsayre8
    corsayre8 Posts: 551 Member
    Options
    Because it is no one's business what I eat?
  • cherio256
    cherio256 Posts: 219
    Options
    I have wondered the same thing. I really don't care who sees mine. No point in me lying about what I ate, I would only be hurting myself.
  • 1brokegal44
    1brokegal44 Posts: 562 Member
    Options
    Mine's open to my friends. Why is it anyone else's business what we do? This isn't group weight loss.
  • kimosabe1
    kimosabe1 Posts: 2,467 Member
    Options
    hahaha... the hiders.....
  • shadowkat57
    shadowkat57 Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    Cos it's none of your beeswax? Why do you care what peeps is eating, unless they specifically ask "what's wrong with my diet?"
  • DopeItUp
    DopeItUp Posts: 18,771 Member
    Options
    My favorite is people who want help with the diet and/or overall weight loss and have their diary locked. Well, how in the world can anyone tell anything about you without even smidgeon of information?
  • catricea
    catricea Posts: 4
    Options
    I don't think everyone should know every bite that goes into my mouth. And, especially on days like today, I ate at least 8 jumbo red vines. I stopped counting...
  • Akjenn89
    Akjenn89 Posts: 265 Member
    Options
    I don't like eating in front of people.. I guess it's the same thing but internet style?
  • runfrazierrun
    Options
    Idk a little personal for me. Id rather keep it the way it is.
    Its for my use only anyways lol.
    Its a to each their own thing i suppose.
  • NicolleLindgren
    NicolleLindgren Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    My favorite is people who want help with the diet and/or overall weight loss and have their diary locked. Well, how in the world can anyone tell anything about you without even smidgeon of information?
    This^^
    You ate what you ate, regardless of if people can see it or not. It's not like people are just gonna go stalk random food diaries and freak out about the cupcake you ate, or going over 23 calories one day. Often a person will say that they ate a big meal, and ask how should they fix the rest of their day so they don't go over, but how are you supposed to be able to answer without knowing how big of a meal they ate or how many calories they have left, etc.

Or they claim to eat very balanced diets and work out, but are still struggling.. but won't let you look at their diary so you can give advice/opinions.
  • Uselessly_Irrelevant
    Uselessly_Irrelevant Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    1. They're a pig and don't want people to see how much they're eating

2. They do something out of the norm such as eat 800 calories a day, or fast sometimes, low carb, or just something that most people don't usually do. They are concerned people will criticize them.

3. It keeps the more accountable. If I eat a large cake, I can log it and know i ate, but no one else would see it, so I don't have to feel self conscious about it. Easier people to log under this condition.

#2 and #3 are both true for me, and I'm sure these are major reasons for a lot of other people who have their diaries hidden. #3 especially. Yesterday, I went on a crazy booze bender and ate complete **** food (and lots of it). I didn't want to log it because I didn't want my friends to see. I ended up logging it anyway (and now publicly telling everyone) but if it's completely private I wouldn't hesitate to log it if only I was going to see it.
  • socajam
    socajam Posts: 2,530 Member
    Options
    I was just wondering why is it such a big secret what someone is eating...Why do people hide their food diaries on here? Any answers?

Or this: I am exercising, eating healthy/clean and not losing, or they will give you a list of things they do eat, but keep the diary closed, and expect honest answers. People if you are exercising and not losing, and you really want an honest answer open your diary. My diary is open I have nothing fear, but the fat that is slowly removing itself from my body.,