How do you feel after lifting?

Options
I rarely feel sore? And I'm now squatting 120lbs. I just feel really weighed down, and physically tired the rest of the day. How do you feel after lifting?

Replies

• tubzzy77
    tubzzy77 Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    Amazing. You should feel sore about 24 hours after your workout. Sometimes though after doing squats or deadlifts I'll be exhausted if I don't eat enough. Are you taking a preworkout? Those can cause you to crash hard. I was taking about 2g of Choline and that made me crash HARD but damn those were some good 6 hour naps.
  • DragonSquatter
    DragonSquatter Posts: 957 Member
    Options
    How much are you eating?
  • DopeItUp
    DopeItUp Posts: 18,771 Member
    Options
    Pretty fatigued and worn out. Never really sore, unless I'm coming back from a break. I lift at night though, so I go to bed an hour or two after I'm done. If you're worn out all day, check your calorie intake. Probably too low.
  • Mrsallypants
    Mrsallypants Posts: 887 Member
    Options
    After squatting I feel like putting an icepack on my lower back.
  • 1ConcreteGirl
    1ConcreteGirl Posts: 3,677 Member
    Options
    Like the Queen of the World!!!

Seriously, it's the best feeling ever.

Sounds like you might not be eating enough to fuel the enormity of having a regime, though.
  • Skinnymunkii
    Skinnymunkii Posts: 191 Member
    Options
    Most of the time I feel amazing! But the first time I did legs I went down the stairs at the gym and my legs were all wobbly and stuff. I had to cling to the bannister for dear life. LOL.
  • LiftAllThePizzas
    LiftAllThePizzas Posts: 17,857 Member
    Options
    During and after lifting, I can tell if I'm in a deficit. But either way I still feel great afterward and I also don't get DOMS.
  • runner2runner
    runner2runner Posts: 1,937 Member
    Options
    I lifted yesterday and I felt very good. The soreness usually comes if you're lifting for first time or you start again after a long absence. That's the muscles adjusting to a new routine. Depending on the person, the soreness normally goes away after a few days or a week at most.
  • MyChocolateDiet
    MyChocolateDiet Posts: 22,281 Member
    Options
    you should open your diary so people can help you.
  • Fozzi43
    Fozzi43 Posts: 2,984 Member
    Options
    I feel really good mentally immediately afterwards, tired but good..but the day after I feel sore.
  • GiGiBeans
    GiGiBeans Posts: 1,062 Member
    Options
    Like a superhero! RAWR! I feel a teeny tiny bit achey the next day and usually wake up hungry even tho I have a meal before and after lifting.

But I was feeling tired when I was lifting 4 times a week. 3 days works better for me.
  • jenilla1
    jenilla1 Posts: 11,118 Member
    Options
    I feel awesome after lifting. The day after I sometimes feel a little sore and beat down if I've increased weight, not too bad though.
  • Kirkajuice
    Kirkajuice Posts: 311 Member
    Options
    Sore. About 7-9 hours afterwards I start feeling my muscles get a bit stiff which means I'm going to be very sore the next day. Feel great for the first few hours though.

The only time I was tired after was when I was eating at a deficit, and did a large amount of cardio the day before. I still ate the calories back but I guess I still hadn't recovered by the next morning.
  • Chieflrg
    Chieflrg Posts: 9,097 Member
    Options
    I rarely feel sore? And I'm now squatting 120lbs. I just feel really weighed down, and physically tired the rest of the day. How do you feel after lifting?

Like a warrior. You might want to make sure you carb up a bit before and eat some protein afterwards. I am a little tired, but not enough to kill me energy for the day.
  • LiftAllThePizzas
    LiftAllThePizzas Posts: 17,857 Member
    Options
    But I was feeling tired when I was lifting 4 times a week. 3 days works better for me.
    Ya it's possible to overtrain. OP how often are you lifting?
  • 1ConcreteGirl
    1ConcreteGirl Posts: 3,677 Member
    Options
    Soreness may mean you are not properly warming up or cooling down. I am almost never sore after lifting; you don't need to feel sore or be soaked in sweat to have an amazing workout.
  • Vailara
    Vailara Posts: 2,454 Member
    Options
    I feel hungry! I'm more likely to feel sore if I'm doing new exercises. I seem to get used to the regular ones.
  • DavPul
    DavPul Posts: 61,406 Member
    Options
    Pretty fatigued and worn out. Never really sore, unless I'm coming back from a break. I lift at night though, so I go to bed an hour or two after I'm done. If you're worn out all day, check your calorie intake. Probably too low.

This right here
  • ILiftHeavyAcrylics
    ILiftHeavyAcrylics Posts: 27,732 Member
    Options
    Like the Queen of the World!!!

Seriously, it's the best feeling ever.

Sounds like you might not be eating enough to fuel the enormity of having a regime, though.

This for me too.

But Naomi, if you start using regime the terrorists win. :flowerforyou:
  • alliebeth88
    alliebeth88 Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    Immediately after lifting I'm usually exhausted. After my protein shake and hot shower, I feel pretty normal. Most days I lift in the morning and then go on to work an 8 hour shift on my feet with no problem.