Why do people hide their food diaries on here?

Options

Replies

• AntWrig
    AntWrig Posts: 2,273 Member
    Options
    I know for me at least it's embarrassing to have every mistake made that day broadcasted for the whole world to see. It's the same as how some people hide their facebook pages and some people have them public.
    The difference is eating cheesecake is not a mistake.
  • BrianSharpe
    BrianSharpe Posts: 9,248 Member
    Options
    I was just wondering why is it such a big secret what someone is eating...Why do people hide their food diaries on here? Any answers?

Why do you care?
  • danelledawnc
    danelledawnc Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Why do you care?

What is the frickin animosity about? This is a forum, I posted a question, IF YOU DONT LIKE WHAT I ASKED DO NOT RESPOND...Furthermore, Why do you care? is not an answer. Please start your own forum and ask that question...

You do realize you just threw back attitude (animosity) right back at the questionee asking the questioner, right? 2 wrongs do not make a right. If you don't like the answer, ignore it and move on.
  • glovepuppet
    glovepuppet Posts: 1,710 Member
    Options
    I was just wondering why is it such a big secret what someone is eating...Why do people hide their food diaries on here? Any answers?
    what i don't get is this:

would you think it weird if i put didn't eat in front of a window, ensuring any passer by who wanted to could check up on what i'm eating and maybe knock on my door to tell me what they think of it?

...why the hell would anyone think my food is their business? just because i choose to keep track of my food intake using a handy online tool, doesn't mean i'm in some way obligated to show my plate to a million strangers on the internet.
    i can't help thinking that anyone randomly wanting to peek at what i eat is a bit frickin' weird.
  • AntWrig
    AntWrig Posts: 2,273 Member
    Options

would you think it weird if i put didn't eat in front of a window, ensuring any passer by who wanted to could check up on what i'm eating and maybe knock on my door to tell me what they think of it?

...why the hell would anyone think my food is their business? just because i choose to keep track of my food intake using a handy online tool, doesn't mean i'm in some way obligated to show my plate to a million strangers on the internet.
    i can't help thinking that anyone randomly wanting to peek at what i eat is a bit frickin' weird.
    But you show an exposed back.
  • TheresaTester
    TheresaTester Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    I guess it's just their personal preference about what they want to share. I always wondered why people don't use their real name for their screen name...
  • SkimFlatWhite68
    SkimFlatWhite68 Posts: 1,254 Member
    Options
    It's not compulsory - everyone has different reasons for being here.
  • glovepuppet
    Options

But you show an exposed back.
    and i go out with my ankles on show too :embarassed:
  • zyxst
    zyxst Posts: 9,135 Member
    Options
    Some people's mouths are so slick for no reason its HILARIOUS. If your diary is open to your FRIENDS that is one thing. She is asking a question. Usually the smart comments are defense mechanisms... We understand... Keep eating that cake you want no one to see... Open your mouth to food... otherwise... keep moving?

You can give your reason or NOT without being jerks? Or that may be too hard for the simple minded....

Assuming someone's stuffing themselves with cake because their food diary is closed is a pretty good reason for keeping it closed. Mine's open, btw. Come judge on me.
  • Yogi_Carl
    Yogi_Carl Posts: 1,906 Member
    Options
    If you took the time to look at my profile and learn my first name then you know the key to my diary.

This - exactly.
  • Caroleann57
    Caroleann57 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    1. They're a pig and don't want people to see how much they're eating

2. They do something out of the norm such as eat 800 calories a day, or fast sometimes, low carb, or just something that most people don't usually do. They are concerned people will criticize them.

3. It keeps the more accountable. If I eat a large cake, I can log it and know i ate, but no one else would see it, so I don't have to feel self conscious about it. Easier people to log under this condition.

These are my EXACT reasons. My diary is more honest now.
  • glovepuppet
    Options
    i find the assumption that closed diary = bad diet rather amusing.
    especially when it's made about a healthy person by a person with a LOT of weight to lose.

feel free to keep on thinking i look this way on a diet of cake.
  • Yogi_Carl
    Yogi_Carl Posts: 1,906 Member
    Options
    ... and what's wrong with cake anyway. I often eat cake with a nice cup of filter coffee; especially after cycling 20 miles or swimming in the sea or a river for an hour. Throw some sunshine in the mix and there is nothing to beat it.

Great carbohydrate replacement. But that's my personal rule - no cardio; no cake!
  • glovepuppet
    Options
    ... and what's wrong with cake anyway. I often eat cake with a nice cup of filter coffee; especially after cycling 20 miles or swimming in the sea or a river for an hour. Throw some sunshine in the mix and there is nothing to beat it.

Great carbohydrate replacement. But that's my personal rule - no cardio; no cake!
    i'm a great believer in all things in moderation.
    ...apart from drugs. and adultary. and violent crime.

but if we restrict it to food, all things in moderation works for me.
  • SmartAlec03211988
    SmartAlec03211988 Posts: 1,896 Member
    Options
    A lot of the people on my FL hide their diaries because they know they're eating bad and/or super low calories like 500/day and don't want to be criticized.

Then there are those that simply don't feel it necessary for their friends to know at all, eating right or not.

Mine is open for all to see. You can criticize me all you want. I'll have my damn cake and eat it if I want. And I'll log it shamelessly.
  • ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,136 Member
    Options
    so people like you won't start a thread about their diary ....

why do you have a password for your bank account? shouldn't everyone be able to see how much money you make?
  • stepgrah
    stepgrah Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I never realised you could open or hide it. I'll look to open mine up, but it's boring as hell lol :-)
  • triinityz
    triinityz Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    Mine is locked because I'm a low carb vegetarian and the amount of cheese I consume would shock most people! That and I log for me not you, if you want to know what I eat you can ask, I'll share. :smile:
  • glovepuppet
    Options
    ...'course there was the time when his lordship decided he wanted me to bake a rich, iced, filled chocolate cake and shamelessly eat it all to myself that week. that doesn't really qualify as moderation in anyone's books. damn good cake though!