Why do people hide their food diaries on here?

Options

Replies

• nave002
    nave002 Posts: 211 Member
    Options
    Seriously?? Why do you feel the need to view someone elses Diary unless they specifically ask for help? As long as they are losing, it's only themselves that they have to be accountable to at the end of the day... they aren't cheating you; they are cheating themselves if they are over, right? By the way, mine is open! LOL
  • LJSmith1989
    LJSmith1989 Posts: 650
    Options
    Who the **** cares ,that's their business

Well the OP does or she wouldn't off written a post? - No need to be rude to be honest.
  • SStruthers13
    SStruthers13 Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    Bottom line: It's their personal and private business. My question is why do YOU feel like you should be able to see everyone's business?
  • Pearsquared
    Pearsquared Posts: 1,656 Member
    Options
    Mine is locked because I'm a low carb vegetarian and the amount of cheese I consume would shock most people! That and I log for me not you, if you want to know what I eat you can ask, I'll share. :smile:
    Cheeeeeeeeese. Cheese is pretty heavenly.

I keep mine open only because I'm trying to fight against my fear of showing people what I'm eating. It's not as bad as it would be if someone saw me eating in real life (and commented on it! D: ) but it's a good step. It's been a lot easier since I stopped binge eating, but the symptoms still pop up sometimes.
  • LJSmith1989
    LJSmith1989 Posts: 650
    Options
    Seriously?? Why do you feel the need to view someone elses Diary unless they specifically ask for help? As long as they are losing, it's only themselves that they have to be accountable to at the end of the day... they aren't cheating you; they are cheating themselves if they are over, right? By the way, mine is open! LOL

Why can't she ask such a question? I doubt she thinks anyone is "cheating" her she is just wondering out loud.

Why are you so rude???
  • momzeeee
    momzeeee Posts: 475 Member
    Options
    Mine is set to private because I don't log anything or count calories.

This is me too-I only spot check once a week, to see where I'm at for my macros. Otherwise I don't track anything.
  • susannamarie
    susannamarie Posts: 2,148 Member
    Options
    I had mine hidden for a while after a few people decided to send me unsolicited messages criticizing it.

MYOB, if I *ask* for advice feel free, otherwise leave me alone.
  • CurlyC28
    CurlyC28 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    tbh, I didn't realize they were private until this post. I guess they start out that way. I've made mine public now. Nothing like the fear of being judged to help clean up your eating!
  • Drdrea31
    Drdrea31 Posts: 2
    Options
    Its funny isnt it? Some feel odd about sharing food consumption but not weight loss?? Its all good. I put my food diary out there for anyone to see. I also enter "everything" I consume, no need in lieing to myself!! Ultimately we are all on our own journey I wish all success.
  • 5ftnFun
    5ftnFun Posts: 948 Member
    Options
    My diary is closed because I am here more for the exercise or fitness part of my health than I am for the diet/food part of it. My diary is hit and miss sometimes, but since I've been maintaining my weight loss for 3 decades or so, I think I got that part down. :wink:
  • Deipneus
    Deipneus Posts: 1,862 Member
    Options
    I was just wondering why is it such a big secret what someone is eating...Why do people hide their food diaries on here? Any answers?
    Why are people so nosy that they want to look at my diary?
  • tbetts23
    tbetts23 Posts: 303 Member
    Options
    My fd is closed so I can be honest with myself. If it was open I probably wouldn't have logged my 1,300 calorie overage yesterday. :noway:
  • Roni_M
    Roni_M Posts: 717 Member
    Options
    It's not a big secret, I just don't understand why people care what I eat. I have never looked at anyone's diary because that just seems weird. I know what I like to eat. It's seems weird to me that people comb through others diaries. I guess to me,it's a total non issue. But I know some people won't be your friend if your diary is closed. Lol. Whateves. Should I open my financials to you too? Maybe want to browse my medical history? How about if I post my résumé also? I'm not here for strangers approval. I'm here for personal reasons. And those reasons do not include "because I want to hide what I eat". I just don't feel like you need to know.

Totally agree. I'm not "hiding" what I eat. However, mine's private because I don't want unsolicited advice. I eat fast food every Saturday as a cheat meal and never ever hit my macros (and could care less if I do). I'm not looking for advice on eating "clean", don't believe that "fast food will kill me" and don't want a recipe for some kind of green smoothie protein shake to help me hit my macros (all advise offered by strangers). My diet is actually pretty boring and very repetitive because I'm kind of fussy. I'm eating in a way that works for me long term. Surprisingly, the bigger the number on your ticker, the more unsolicited advise you get from the pros... you know the ones who have been members for 2 weeks and have lost 1.5lbs but are experts because they read some stuff.
  • Achrya
    Achrya Posts: 16,913 Member
    Options
    Because we aren't friends and, just like irl, i don't share the ins and outs of my diet with randoms.
  • da_bears10089
    da_bears10089 Posts: 1,791 Member
    Options
    Cos it's none of your beeswax? Why do you care what peeps is eating, unless they specifically ask "what's wrong with my diet?"
    The funny part about that is, 80% of the time when people start a "what am i doing wrong?" post, they list all of their exercising, and fail to have an open diary.
  • 165ordietrying
    165ordietrying Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    i find the assumption that closed diary = bad diet rather amusing.
    especially when it's made about a healthy person by a person with a LOT of weight to lose.

feel free to keep on thinking i look this way on a diet of cake.

WTF do you look like? Give me a break.
  • greenmonstergirl
    greenmonstergirl Posts: 619 Member
    Options
    Bottom line: It's their personal and private business. My question is why do YOU feel like you should be able to see everyone's business?
    THIS^
  • reddcat
    reddcat Posts: 314 Member
    Options
    Because of Cheerios. That's the honest truth. Two years ago, my diary was open for everyone (apparently EVERYONE...who knew??) to see. I had Cheerios....not frosted, not fancy in any way. The plain ole original cheerios.....and someone I was not friends with or knew in any way BLASTED me for eating them like I was mainlining a tub of frosting.
    Diary closed, Cheerios digested......kiss it!!!
  • laura2677
    laura2677 Posts: 2
    Options
    I'm new here and I keep mine private because it is a personal journey for me right now. Though, many people are supportive, there are those who are also highly critical and offer unsolicited advice (like others have mentioned). I'm looking to make a lifestyle change at a reasonable pace for me, however, there are those who want to push too much, too fast and I feel overwhelmed.
  • turkeyhunter60
    turkeyhunter60 Posts: 319 Member
    Options
    Mine is closed mainly because that was the default setting for one.
    Two, because I feel the diary is more for me and not really anyone else. Like a personal thing.
    This