***PSSSSST*** Get Ready!

Options
Good Morning All!

Oh my! Where are my manners. Although this wonderful website is primarily English and has many users from the US like myself, people from around the WORLD use it to reach their diet and fitness goals. So in other parts of the world, it's not even morning! For example, as I type this up, it just past 2:30AM on Friday June 7th in Apia, which is a small city on the island of Samoa.

This brings me to the point of this topic. I have a good friend on this website, a BFFF (the last 'F' is for forever) if you will, named Sjohnny.

Sjohnny's birthday is June the 7th, and I know he's been feeling a bit down lately. He's an older chap, so I think the bitterness is just a sign of his age.

He's done so much to help me on my weightloss journey, and I don't want him to be unhappy on his birthday. I've been racking my brain trying to come up with a suitable gift or present to really celebrate everything that he means to me as a friend.

I think the best way to show my appreciation would be to enlist the help of all of you wonderful people! If you wouldn't mind, on June the 7th I (and I know he feels the same way) would love it if you could take some time to stop by his profile page and wish him a happy birthday, either on his wall or via PM. Now it's not yet June the 7th for most of you, but since we're a global community as I mentioned before, it's June 7th somewhere for the next 46.5 hours.

His profile page is: http://www.myfitnesspal.com/sjohnny

Please, join me in making this a birthday that Sjohnny will never forget.

Thank you in advance and have a wonderful day!

In case you were wondering, this is a recent picture of the birthday boy!
914777_6173.jpg

Replies

• CrankMeUp
    CrankMeUp Posts: 2,860 Member
    Options
    IN

with coffee.
  • missdibs1
    missdibs1 Posts: 1,092 Member
    Options
    bump
  • PikaKnight
    PikaKnight Posts: 34,971 Member
    Options
    *dies laughing*
  • LoraF83
    LoraF83 Posts: 15,694 Member
    Options
    IN!

I really couldn't have achieved my goals without sjohnny's support. He's like the grandpa I never had. I know that I can turn to him anytime I need advice on running, lifting, p*ssing people off......or whenever I need a Werther's Original and some old-timey stories. He's so great like that.

Happy Birthday Grandpa sjohnny!! Can't wait to help you celebrate it :bigsmile:
  • Pearsquared
    Pearsquared Posts: 1,656 Member
    Options
    Hehe, I'll leave a post here so I remember tomorrow!
  • Iron_Feline
    Iron_Feline Posts: 10,750 Member
    Options
    I may have sent him a PM :bigsmile:
  • sim247
    sim247 Posts: 354
    Options
    Bump for tomorrow!
  • AllonsYtotheTardis
    AllonsYtotheTardis Posts: 16,947 Member
    Options
    Birthdays are a divisive topic. Reported!
  • GiddyupTim
    GiddyupTim Posts: 2,819 Member
    Options
    This is soooo mean.
  • BreeFeelinFree
    Options
    done
  • lizzzylou
    lizzzylou Posts: 325
    Options
    This brings me to the point of this topic. I have a good friend on this website, a BFFF (the last 'F' is for forever) if you will, named Sjohnny.

My best friend & I are BFFFs too, but we're "best fvck1ng friends forever":drinker:
  • jamk1446
    jamk1446 Posts: 5,577 Member
    Options
    In for birthday magic.
  • ZoeLifts
    ZoeLifts Posts: 10,347 Member
    Options
    I am not going to miss this day!!

SJohnny is an inspiration to us all and he deserves the very best on his special day. He is near and dear to our hearts and I, for one, am looking so forward to celebrating tomorrow with my fellow Texan.

I'm just so excited, so as a precursor, I have included this special picture that reminds me of my friend!!
    pBXCr4U.jpg
  • parys1
    parys1 Posts: 2,064 Member
    Options
    In. For the inspiration that is SJohnny :flowerforyou:
  • ArroganceInStep
    ArroganceInStep Posts: 6,239 Member
    Options
    You guys are the best. Really.
  • EvgeniZyntx
    EvgeniZyntx Posts: 24,208 Member
    Options
    wut?
  • PikaKnight
    Options
    I am not going to miss this day!!

SJohnny is an inspiration to us all and he deserves the very best on his special day. He is near and dear to our hearts and I, for one, am looking so forward to celebrating tomorrow with my fellow Texan.

I'm just so excited, so as a precursor, I have included this special picture that reminds me of my friend!!
    pBXCr4U.jpg

Awwww..looks just like him :D
  • LoraF83
    LoraF83 Posts: 15,694 Member
    Options
    Just so everyone can get an idea of who this special man is, I've included some pictures that represent him:

tumblr_lupic7pDq91qa4quyo1_400.gif

tumblr_m8epz0OAlu1qzpkqf.jpg

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSQGj6dVhsahNxkIu6ZTd-WVXpGkvgeUpClj_HGgdW6rfQwGyyt

clint_ew.gif

As you can see, he is both sweet and grumpy at the same time. That's why we love him so.
  • PikaKnight
    Options
    Just so everyone can get an idea of who this special man is, I've included some pictures that represent him:

tumblr_lupic7pDq91qa4quyo1_400.gif

tumblr_m8epz0OAlu1qzpkqf.jpg

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSQGj6dVhsahNxkIu6ZTd-WVXpGkvgeUpClj_HGgdW6rfQwGyyt

clint_ew.gif

As you can see, he is both sweet and grumpy at the same time. That's why we love him so.

He's like the sour patch kids commercial. First he's sour, then he's sweet.
  • cmcollins001
    cmcollins001 Posts: 3,472 Member
    Options
    Since Birthdays are divisive:

20130603137021928188673.gif