Worst habit of a significant other (past or current)

Options

Replies

• PlayerHatinDogooder
    PlayerHatinDogooder Posts: 1,018 Member
    Options
    She sleeps with my best friend and disappears for days without calling me to check in.

Sometimes I get very worried and when I call her she won't answer.

Then 10 minutes later I get a text that says 'Get lost loser.'
  • aloranger7708
    aloranger7708 Posts: 422 Member
    Options
    Always and FOREVER playing computer games.

Quitting perfectly good jobs for no reason.

Current... spending FOREVER in the toilet....

OMG. This is my boyfriend to the T. Sometimes I can't stand him.
  • SavvyGurl0528
    SavvyGurl0528 Posts: 228 Member
    Options
    Talking/asking questions while I am watching an awesome movie/tv show.

Oh, and .. talking, constantly, all the time. It's like he can't have silence. He even talks in his sleep!
  • TehLaughingDog
    TehLaughingDog Posts: 200 Member
    Options
    ... that whole cheating thing my ex seemed to enjoy. haha
  • redheadedgal
    redheadedgal Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    Okay, I really think mine takes the cake. I only listed one bad habit, but I see numerous from other people, and he did all those.

1.) not cleaning his backside
    2.) lying, DAILY
    3.) blow his nose in his washcloth in the shower
    4.)not brush his teeth daily, weekly for that matter
    5.)had probably 50 different jobs in 10 years were were together, and it was always their fault he left/got fired
    6.) never had a license the whole 10 years we were together
    7.) alcoholic/pain pill addiction
    8.) abusive
    9.)didn't shower daily
    10.)breathing, yet still...

And trust me the, list goes on and on and on...........that's what happens when you get married young to someone you have only known 6 months. :grumble:
  • Tiffyholli
    Tiffyholli Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    Pulling out his iPhone every damn second. I called Siri "the other woman"

I agree with this ^^ , it's so annoying!
  • Laurynne311
    Options
    My man does the constant video-gaming and texting, as well as tossing his dirty clothes everywhere EXCEPT the hamper. He also has bouts of childish temper and selfishness...but on the other side of the coin, I annoy him with my disorganization and absent-mindedness.

Love sometimes is all about how well you can tolerate each other, eh?

We recently hung out with two couples whose problems are FAR worse than ours (verbal abuse, cheating, manipulation/controlling one another, etc.), and it definitely made us appreciate each other more...We decided that whenever we feel like killing one another, we need to go hang out with those couples so that we'll go back to liking each other again. :laugh:
  • JessieMay1995
    JessieMay1995 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Wow, some of you people have terrible ex/current partners D: I can't even think of anything for mine...
  • oddyogi
    oddyogi Posts: 1,816 Member
    Options
    My wife will keep score if things she has done and act as if she is always winning. Example diaper changing I would do it 6 or 7 times in a row, she would do it once than next time claim "it's your turn I have been doing it all day". Different example in case people say she was in labor for hours she wins. Ok ok.... Before we even had kids. Dishes, as I cook all the meals of the week I am constantly having to clean the dishes night after night. And often her only defense is she just had to do the dishes. Never mind the fact that I usually have washed a few times since her last attempt at it.

Sounds like you're keeping score too..
  • oddyogi
    oddyogi Posts: 1,816 Member
    Options
    Mine will repeat himself sometimes.. like if I ask what he's doing, he'll say "Oh I'm just hangin' out watching Hell's Kitchen.... yep.. watchin' Hell's Kitchen.."

lol I think it's kind of funny.
  • CountryDevil
    CountryDevil Posts: 819 Member
    Options
    When she farts she is not quiet about it. Sounds like she is starting a Harley. No joke!
  • Katrioustu
    Katrioustu Posts: 2,461 Member
    Options
    Mumbler! So hard to understand sometimes!
  • Gabrielm80
    Gabrielm80 Posts: 1,458 Member
    Options
    My wife will keep score if things she has done and act as if she is always winning. Example diaper changing I would do it 6 or 7 times in a row, she would do it once than next time claim "it's your turn I have been doing it all day". Different example in case people say she was in labor for hours she wins. Ok ok.... Before we even had kids. Dishes, as I cook all the meals of the week I am constantly having to clean the dishes night after night. And often her only defense is she just had to do the dishes. Never mind the fact that I usually have washed a few times since her last attempt at it.

.....you are still married to a wife who manipulates and keeps score?
    Remember we didn't put our own bad habits up there. Trust me she puts up plenty with me for the name of love. She doesn't know she even does it most of the time. I am constantly calling her on it. I had a room mate that was an only child in college which she is too. They share that same world revolves around them attitude and he was constantly thinking it wasn't his turn to clean. It's funny I notice the more kids you grow up in the house the less likely to think chores are these things that can be scheduled out. Life in a big house is too chaotic to wait for so and so to have time to do a task. Everyone chipped in until it was done growing up in my house, so I personally hate the "but I just did that not my turn" excuse. But I love me wife beyond that. She isn't lazy and does work, just got the only child self centered aspect which often overlooks other people's work.
  • Gabrielm80
    Options

Sounds like you're keeping score too..
    Possibly, though I don't ever say... But it's not my turn to do (fill in the blank)
    Trust me if this topic was totally fair my bad habits would be up here too. But the title was bad habits of your partner. ????
  • PRMinx
    PRMinx Posts: 4,585 Member
    Options
    Pulling out his iPhone every damn second. I called Siri "the other woman"

I agree with this ^^ , it's so annoying!

YES YES YES! So annoying. I admit that I'm not the best at keeping the phone in my purse but my ex would be on it CONSTANTLY. But, then again, he was using it to solicit sex from other women on Facebook, so I guess it makes sense.

My new guy actually pays attention to me. It's pretty awesome.
  • pnut456
    pnut456 Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    My ex used to pee in a bottle he left on the night stand because he was too lazy to walk to the bathroom in the middle of the night.. SO gross!!! :sick:
  • BrunetteRunner87
    BrunetteRunner87 Posts: 591 Member
    Options
    Not flushing the toilet! Then you go on a trip and come back and find out it wasn't flushed...oh boy...

My brother has the same bad habit too lol. He used my parents' toilet, didn't flush, and he and my parents went on vacation for over a week. He's not allowed to use my parents' toilet anymore!
  • BrunetteRunner87
    BrunetteRunner87 Posts: 591 Member
    Options
    This whole post is so negative. Why wouldn't we want to focus on the best habit of a significant other?

Because there are too many good habits to list, and very few bad ones!
  • Gabrielm80
    Options
    My ex used to pee in a bottle he left on the night stand because he was too lazy to walk to the bathroom in the middle of the night.. SO gross!!! :sick:
    Wow that's gross. Haven't heard of someone doing that since college dorm days. Gross
  • jenbit
    jenbit Posts: 4,289 Member
    Options
    I had a BF that only slept over at my house 2 times...because he snored so loud my roommates could hear him from the other side of the house........ I'm a light sleeper and couldn't handle it.... I was one of the factors that contributed to us breaking up,,,,,,,,