You look healthy, happy and younger ; CONGRATULATIONS :smile:
  • mrs_mab
    mrs_mab Posts: 1,024 Member
    Options
    Awesome! You look amazing! Keep it up!
  • subutcher
    subutcher Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Fantastic result, what an inspiration! I've got a similar target and am just 10lb in, but already feeling so much better.
  • Phoenix_Rising
    Phoenix_Rising Posts: 11,417 Member
    Options
    I started with MFP on January 21, 2013. Starting weight was 342. A lot of hard work and much better eating has paid off. Gone from XXXL shirts to XXL and even some XL, 48-50 waist pants, to 40. Quit smoking quite just over 2 months ago and have lost over 20lb since then. I can honestly say that there is not way I would have got this far, this fast without the support, motivation and inspiration of my MFP friends as well success stories have seen on the boards. It's not easy, but sooooooooo worth the effort!
    78 pounds in just over 4 months... that's fast! Congratulations on the weight loss and on quitting smoking.

Congratulations and you look great!

I gotta ask tho...
    78 lbs / 4 months (16 weeks) = 4.875 lbs each week.
    How did you do that? Calorie restriction and diet changes alone?
    What was your daily calorie goal during that time?
    Were you actively gaining weight before? Or did you simply eat enough to maintain your previous weight?

Please don't take my questions as rude or snarky. I'm simply wondering.
  • dan_boisvert_sub5x50
    dan_boisvert_sub5x50 Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    Just fabulous. Good for you!
  • CherryWoman
    Options
    GREAT JOB!!!!! U LOOK AWESOME!
  • mdepko
    mdepko Posts: 283 Member
    Options
    I started with MFP on January 21, 2013. Starting weight was 342. A lot of hard work and much better eating has paid off. Gone from XXXL shirts to XXL and even some XL, 48-50 waist pants, to 40. Quit smoking quite just over 2 months ago and have lost over 20lb since then. I can honestly say that there is not way I would have got this far, this fast without the support, motivation and inspiration of my MFP friends as well success stories have seen on the boards. It's not easy, but sooooooooo worth the effort!
    78 pounds in just over 4 months... that's fast! Congratulations on the weight loss and on quitting smoking.

Congratulations and you look great!

I gotta ask tho...
    78 lbs / 4 months (16 weeks) = 4.875 lbs each week.
    How did you do that? Calorie restriction and diet changes alone?
    What was your daily calorie goal during that time?
    Were you actively gaining weight before? Or did you simply eat enough to maintain your previous weight?

Please don't take my questions as rude or snarky. I'm simply wondering.

Not rude at all, nor snarky. I would say I was gaining weight before I started, I went from 317 to 342 the year prior to starting here. When I decided to make the commitment to the change, I checked out my TDEE and BMR on a few different websites. It ranged from 3200-3500 cals a day to maintain my svelte 342 physique. I think when I started MFP, it gave me a calorie intake of around 2800 per day to lose 2 lbs a week. I choose to try and stay around 1500 per day. I lost 14lbs the first week, which I am sure was a lot of water weight. Once I started exercising, I did not eat back any calories.

I did not exercise for the first 2 weeks. My plan was to use the Wii for exercise as I have a bad knee, but I needed to lose 18 lbs before I could use the Wii Balance Board. Once I started exercising, it kicked my butt! It took me an hour or longer to a pretty simple 20 minute/200 calorie burn workout. Each week, I made it a point to add something to the workout, whether it just be time, or additional exercises. I started with the Wii Fit Plus and then moved to the Wii Active More Workouts. I added walking to my daily routine, and now that the weather is nicer, I'm golfing as much as possible and not using a cart as long as my knee lets me, which is usually 9 holes, then I'll use a cart and play some more.

I've gotten to where I can do 1 1/2 hour/1500 calorie workouts on the Wii, I walked my first 5k in forever, and feel really good. As I am getting closer to my goal, I'm trying to get prepared for maintenance mode, so I have started eating some of my calories back, but still try not to go over 2000 a day. I also lowered my weight loss per week goal here on MFP. So hopefully, when I get to my goal, I will be ready to maintain the weight and not gain it back.

Thanks for the comments and hope this gives you some insight.
  • adepko
    adepko Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    I love you and I am soooo proud of you, Dad!
  • XAVTAY2
    XAVTAY2 Posts: 58
    Options
    Congrats on your weightloss so far and you look amazing!!! WTG on quitting the smoking....
  • LALA200137
    Options
    Truly inspiring!!!!!!! :smile:
  • opsniht
    opsniht Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    Amazing! (: you look great.
  • leannerae40
    leannerae40 Posts: 200 Member
    Options
    Love the side by side - you look amazing! Congratulations...
  • sugarkissprincess
    sugarkissprincess Posts: 2,595 Member
    Options
    Amazing! Congratulations.
  • fallingken
    fallingken Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    Great job, and looking good too. Weight loss and quitting smoking too. Both are major steps and neither are easy, though I feel quitting smoking is the hardest thing I have done so far. Losing weight is actually pretty easy here. Exercising is a challenge at weight, on the joints and on equipment. Good thing pavement doesn't have a maximum weight or care what you weigh.
  • maillemaker
    maillemaker Posts: 1,253 Member
    Options
    So how did you do it?

I'm 42 and I've been at this about 2 months, and I'm only down 10 pounds.

Edit: Just read how you did it.

So is most of your exercise from the Wii?

Steve
  • joyincincy
    joyincincy Posts: 228 Member
    Options
    You must be a hero to your family! Congrats to you in accomplishing two things that many people can never accomplish. :flowerforyou:
  • DMV_Spicegirl
    Options
    Looking for the LIKE button
  • cmack01
    cmack01 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    Great job !!
  • traumaticthrash
    Options
    congrats mate
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!