Decent results with home workouts?

Options

Replies

• shariannamarie
    Options
    Fitness Blender!!! They are FREE online and awesome combos of many different workouts. I highly recommend, just as tough as Jillian's. just do an Internet search and you will find them online.
  • mfleeg
    mfleeg Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    I have lost a lot of inches on insanity!!! :):)
  • Iron_Lotus
    Iron_Lotus Posts: 2,295 Member
    Options
    I have amazing results from working out at home <
    see pic

ETA: I lift heavy things
  • rrsuthy
    rrsuthy Posts: 236 Member
    Options
    If you have Time Warner cable, there is a channel for free OnDemand Sports. Go to Sportskool and you'll see a variety of free workouts to try.
  • dewsmom78
    dewsmom78 Posts: 498 Member
    Options
    I hate going to gyms, so I love doing my workouts at home. I'm doing Jillilan Michaels Body Revolution. It's a 90 day program, I'm on the final month and I am losing fat and inches. I am thinking about starting P90X after I'm done with this program.
  • skinnyinnotime
    skinnyinnotime Posts: 4,141 Member
    Options
    Yes of course you can get results without stepping foot in a gym. I used to do JM workouts, Insanity and Chalen Extreme, really good results.

I now lift at home, started off with dumbbells and now use a barbell.
  • roodledoodle
    roodledoodle Posts: 183
    Options
    I was a gym user for about 14 years and then life got busy so decided to start working out from home. It's the best decision I've ever made to be honest. I usually workout early in the morning, before my gym would of opened or later at night so time wise I find it very convenient. Plus you don't have to deal with waiting to use machines etc.

I'll be honest and did spend a bit of money on equipment i.e weights etc, but bought most of them second hand as it was much cheaper. I also got some really good workout DVD's and have never looked back. Jillian Michaels are really good and so is Bob Harper. If you're going down the DVD route I would get a few different ones so that you don't get bored, it's money well spent compared to what you would pay for gym membership. I've also got the P90x and Insanity boxsets and they are both brilliant programs to follow.

Good luck with how you get on :-)
  • MrsGraves1987
    MrsGraves1987 Posts: 162 Member
    Options
    I have amazing results from working out at home <
    see pic

ETA: I lift heavy things

Inspiration right here!!
  • passionflwr1
    passionflwr1 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    I've also gotten amazing results from Jillian Michaels. I completed the shred which lost me inches and weight. I also started Ripped in 30. I like to mix it up from time to time with Banish Fat, Boost Metabolism, Killer Abs, 6 Week 6 Pack, No More Trouble Zones..

If you want to do one of her programs (like the shred) and you're getting bored, mix it up with the other videos every now and then.
  • jmzz1
    jmzz1 Posts: 670 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • rrsuthy
    rrsuthy Posts: 236 Member
    Options
    Just remember another source.. Half Price Books... I've gotten a few workout dvds there, very cheap.
  • mtnstar
    mtnstar Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    Another Jillian disciple here. Thanks to her workouts ( 30 day shred, ripped in 30, 6 week 6 pack, and Banish Fat, Boost metabolism) I lost 25 lbs of postpartum flab in 7 months and have better muscle tone and flexibility than I ever have. I had 2 babies in the last 4 years and never got back into shape after the first before the next pregnancy. Proud to wear my bikini for the first time in 5 years! Yeah, the workouts get a little boring, but they work.

I've heard awesome things about Insanity and P90x, but I just don't have that much time to devote. 45 minutes a day is my max.
  • thesupremeforce
    thesupremeforce Posts: 1,206 Member
    Options
    I dropped 30 pounds prior to joining MFP based solely on doing DDP Yoga (and walking 1-3 miles per day). I'd started eating "better", but didn't count calories or anything. I've dropped an additional 30 since joining MFP (as of this morning). I only started going to the gym last week.
  • Mia_RagazzaTosta
    Mia_RagazzaTosta Posts: 4,885 Member
    Options
    I pieced together a "gym" (barbell, plates, squat rack, bench) because I belong to the Y and can never get there or I could never get my hands on the things I needed for my workout. Now I have no excuse.

I also lift heavy things.
  • Ely82010
    Ely82010 Posts: 1,998 Member
    Options
    Hi all

I'm not able to join a gym at the moment so wondered if I could get decent results without one? I used to run and was pretty slim then - slowly getting back to it after a few years out - so know that's a start. I've got resistance tubes and light weights at home. Anything else I can do? I love the results heavy lifting gives :(

I just posted a topic with a link for exercises to do at home.

Here is the link of my post: http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/1011126-limited-time-to-workout-check-this-out
  • Geojerm
    Geojerm Posts: 291 Member
    Options
    I too got bored doing the same workout everyday... gonna go check out fitnessblender now
  • fitandgeeky
    fitandgeeky Posts: 232 Member
    Options
    I don't have a gym membership. I lift heavy things at home and have had pretty good results :)
  • cmeiron
    cmeiron Posts: 1,599 Member
    Options
    <
    Results with home workouts. Pretty decent.
  • frizbeemom
    frizbeemom Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    Bump. Currently doing Jillian Michaels Body Revolution and love the results but want more ideas for when this is finished.
  • runawayescape
    runawayescape Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    bump