loud chewers

Options
ctalimenti
ctalimenti Posts: 865 Member
Is it just me or does anyone else detest loud chewers? Crackers and chips seem to be the worst. I fully admit I have issues with it. Can't stand it.

Replies

• sixout
    sixout Posts: 3,128 Member
    Options
    xhKz713.gif
  • hOw2lozeAgiN10dAze
    hOw2lozeAgiN10dAze Posts: 1,841 Member
    Options
    Or people who scrape their teeth on their utensil every single bite... *shudder*
  • whierd
    whierd Posts: 14,025 Member
    Options
    Or people who scrape their teeth on their utensil every single bite... *shudder*

That just made me shiver.
  • ctalimenti
    Options
    LOL!!!

Ha ha, I used to do that with the teeth scraping on utensils but then someone said something that brought my attention to it. The reason I did it was to avoid making lip contact with restaurant utensils.
  • diodelcibo
    diodelcibo Posts: 2,564 Member
    Options
    It is our mission in life to annoy the non-loud chewers.
  • BenchPressingCats
    BenchPressingCats Posts: 1,826 Member
    Options
    I broke up with a guy once, partially because he was a loud chewer and partially because he was a homophobe. Both are HUGE turn-offs for me.
  • SDkitty
    SDkitty Posts: 446 Member
    Options
    Is it just me or does anyone else detest loud chewers? Crackers and chips seem to be the worst. I fully admit I have issues with it. Can't stand it.

Yes, it's some sort of mental thing, I get fixated and it will literally kill my appetite. It makes me want to punch the person.

It's mostly the lip smacking/finger licking that gets me though it makes my whole body go BLEGH
  • rumplesnat
    rumplesnat Posts: 372
    Options
    Can.Not.Deal.With.It.At.All.

Have to put the radio or tv on during meal time. Drives me insane!!! :noway:
  • ctalimenti
    Options
    OMG you guys are so cracking me up!!!

I also can't stand when someone's tongue comes out to greet the food before it hits the mouth. UGH!!!!
  • BenchPressingCats
    BenchPressingCats Posts: 1,826 Member
    Options

I also can't stand when someone's tongue comes out to greet the food before it hits the mouth. UGH!!!!

EWEWEW! No! I can't. omg. That just made me squirm a little.
  • sixout
    Options

You seem like the type that would get upset when someone says the word "moist" in a seductive manner.
  • ctalimenti
    Options

EWEWEW! No! I can't. omg. That just made me squirm a little.

LMAO!
  • ctalimenti
    Options

You seem like the type that would get upset when someone says the word "moist" in a seductive manner.

I can deal with secretions. I'm a nurse.
  • SmartWhatever
    SmartWhatever Posts: 718 Member
    Options
    tumblr_m23becZfBU1rqfhi2o1_500.gif

tumblr_mgiau5lWuX1qfwk3ho1_400.gif
  • christa96
    christa96 Posts: 153 Member
    Options
    I was on a plane for 3 hours the other day and little girl behind me was chomping, crunching, lip smacking... all of the above. I wanted to jump out of the airplane! :grumble:
  • tedrickp
    tedrickp Posts: 1,229 Member
    Options
    Loud chewing is one of the all time worst things. I remember a friend of mine would not only chew loudly but make noises too like small grunts of appreciation or something. I dunno what his deal was but he didn't even noticed he did it. :sick:
  • 1ConcreteGirl
    1ConcreteGirl Posts: 3,677 Member
    Options
    It's probably just you.
  • sixout
    Options
    It's probably just you.

I'd second this.
  • KittahRahbet
    KittahRahbet Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Very few things will make me crazier. Especially with chips and apples. Also, coffee and soup slurpers!!
  • cindylu35
    cindylu35 Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    I'd have to put that at the top of my "Hate that Sound" list!!! I'd rather listen to a fork scrape on a plate before that!

My husband and step-daughter eat loud....it's annoying and rude! Actually makes me angry, because I've asked them to close their mouths, but for some reason, it doesn't HELP! lol