loud chewers

Options

Replies

• alits
    alits Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    hahaha I thought i was the only one!!! I leave the room when my boyfriend eats or turn up the TV because it grosses me out. LOL glad to know there are others out there with this quirk =)
  • doowop713
    doowop713 Posts: 268 Member
    Options
    tumblr_m23becZfBU1rqfhi2o1_500.gif

tumblr_mgiau5lWuX1qfwk3ho1_400.gif

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: I need to not read these posts while I am at work. OMG I am silently cracking up!

I don't like loud chewers but I rarely want to smack em. As long as their mouths are closed while chewing. That is basic manners 101: Chew with your mouth closed! lol currently working on this concept with my 3y/o step son.:tongue:
  • Lizabelle1212
    Lizabelle1212 Posts: 252 Member
    Options
    Loud chewers are the WORST. I feel like I have a physical reaction to the sound... I want to scream/throw up/cry/punch something all at once. Much worse than nails on a chalkboard for me. lol
  • aloranger7708
    aloranger7708 Posts: 422 Member
    Options
    Or people who scrape their teeth on their utensil every single bite... *shudder*

That just made me shiver.

My dad does this every. single. time. he. eats. It drives me absolutely insane to the point where I sometimes storm off into another room, lol.

It's just as bad when someone smacks with their mouth open. OMG.
  • ctalimenti
    ctalimenti Posts: 865 Member
    Options
    tumblr_m23becZfBU1rqfhi2o1_500.gif

tumblr_mgiau5lWuX1qfwk3ho1_400.gif

OMG LOL!!!
  • cindylu35
    cindylu35 Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    Also, coffee and soup slurpers!!

OMG...this is #2 on my list. My step-daughter INHALES as she drinks!!!!!!!!!!! I say TIP THE GLASS!! IT WILL FOLLOW THE RULES OF GRAVITY AND GO IN THERE BY ITSELF!!! but no........ (sigh)
  • srey0701
    srey0701 Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    You seem like the type that would get upset when someone says the word "moist" in a seductive manner.

No! This is okay!!
  • 3foldchord
    3foldchord Posts: 2,918 Member
    Options
    my husband is a LOUD chewer, often with his mouth open and 'scarfs' [ takes 3-4 bites at once]... (but was a well behaved chewer while we dated, obviously)
    (edit- I often leave the table and go eat by myself - and he acts hurt and offended)
  • ctalimenti
    Options
    LOLOL you are all cracking me up!

The worst are the loud, fast, furious chewers. Like C'mon, NO ONE IS GOING TO STEAL YOUR FOOD! Slow the F down!
  • Gdeeaz
    Gdeeaz Posts: 60
    Options
    I hate when people smack their lips when they eat. My grandfather used to do it and so does my brother. It's gross.
  • Jinkeys
    Jinkeys Posts: 26
    Options
    I love my husband dearly, we have been together for 20 years, but when he sit next to me to eat ice cream- I want to push him down a flight of stairs.... It's only ice cream, the way he licks the spoon clean after each bite, and rolls the ice cream around in his mouth before swallowing it and then scrapes the bowl completely clean before he will call it quits. *shudder*
    :sick:
  • biscuitwelsh
    biscuitwelsh Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    Moo, Me?
  • _Waffle_
    _Waffle_ Posts: 13,049 Member
    Options
    I chew quietly.... in public.

tumblr_m35sqbRNVy1r2hgzpo1_400.gif
  • tasharock
    tasharock Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    It is called Misophonia. I have explained it to my co-workers and it helps a lot. Doesn't keep the guy across the cube wall from slurping every type of drink like it's hot coffee, though!
  • ctalimenti
    Options
    I love my husband dearly, we have been together for 20 years, but when he sit next to me to eat ice cream- I want to push him down a flight of stairs.... It's only ice cream, the way he licks the spoon clean after each bite, and rolls the ice cream around in his mouth before swallowing it and then scrapes the bowl completely clean before he will call it quits. *shudder*
    :sick:

OMG I am going to wet my pants!!!!!!
  • ctalimenti
    Options
    It is called Misophonia. I have explained it to my co-workers and it helps a lot. Doesn't keep the guy across the cube wall from slurping every type of drink like it's hot coffee, though!

Buy him some really pretty decorative straws. :drinker:
  • CrankMeUp
    CrankMeUp Posts: 2,860 Member
    Options
    I have never thought about it.
  • oldandhealthier
    oldandhealthier Posts: 449 Member
    Options
    Yes it is very annoying but what really drives me postal are those that pop their chewing gum:angry:
  • Lovdiamnd
    Lovdiamnd Posts: 624 Member
    Options
    Is it just me or does anyone else detest loud chewers? Crackers and chips seem to be the worst. I fully admit I have issues with it. Can't stand it.

It's called Misophonia. People with Misophonia are driven to panic and rage by certain small sounds like chewing, slurping and gulping. Lol

**Oh nevermind someone already said that**
  • ctalimenti
    Options
    Is it just me or does anyone else detest loud chewers? Crackers and chips seem to be the worst. I fully admit I have issues with it. Can't stand it.

It's called Misophonia. People with Misophonia are driven to panic and rage by certain small sounds like chewing, slurping and gulping. Lol

**Oh nevermind someone already said that**

Yep, just check out the chic that wants to push her husband of 20 yrs down a flight of stairs.