NSV: Fat Girl Does C25K - in Public!

Replies

• shortstuff17
    shortstuff17 Posts: 86 Member
    good for you!!! I used to think the same way but then I finally got over it and thought, "hey, at least I'm doing something!" and my thoughts are is no one could care less they may notice you but likely think, good for her. And anyone who does think anything negative are probably just a bunch of *kitten* anyway :) keep it up! :)
  • Melissa22G
    Melissa22G Posts: 847 Member
    Very happy to see this! I'm proud of you!
  • Twinmamamarion
    Twinmamamarion Posts: 33 Member
    Great work!! Love this.

I sometimes feel like I have to get skinny before I can exercise in public. What? :)
  • Brnadii
    Brnadii Posts: 6 Member
    CONGRATS!!!! I had almost completed the program this time last year, but at 240lbs, I will be starting over next week!
  • justaloozer
    justaloozer Posts: 122 Member
    I just started this today too. In a public gym. Go us!
  • hharvey9
    hharvey9 Posts: 36 Member
    I'm a c25k'er too! I started week one back on May6th... and repeated it for the whole month! I missed some days (shin splints followed by a horrible cold and trouble breathing)

Started week two this past monday. Will probably end up repeating it too - its been a struggle.

I use a treadmill at a gym in one of our police stations -- usually it is fairly empty, but there have been times when one of our tactical teams are in working out and man is that intimidating. But I plug in headphones and am in my own world. Thanks for the tip for JogFM, I've never heard of it!!
  • smframe1
    smframe1 Posts: 17 Member
    You go girl! I just started this too! Day 2 tomorrow! I hate running, it's not as fun as I remember it being as a child;) You got this!!!
  • sorcha1977
    sorcha1977 Posts: 133 Member
    When I see overweight people run (or do any form of exercise) and yes I'm overweight and run occasionally, I smile and feel so proud of them for getting out there and doing what they can to get to a healthier place. Good for you and I hope you keep it going!! And congrats on your 61 lb loss already!!

Me too! I always want to honk and give them a mimed high-five, but I don't want to embarrass them or startle them. So I just think, "You are awesome," and keep driving. I think that when I see *anyone* running, walking, or biking, no matter how much they weigh. It's so great to see people getting off their couch, whether it be outside or at the gym. And now, when I see runners, I think, "That could be me someday." I really hope I can run at least one mile straight through without walking. I did it in college, but I weighed 160 pounds back then. ;)
  • imjustpeachiekeen
    imjustpeachiekeen Posts: 11 Member
    Good for you! I've lost 70 pounds and I'm still at 249 and I just started a C25K a little over a month ago. I just ran 20 minutes without stopping, a little over a mile for the first time in my life this past Tuesday! Who cares what other people think! Just stick with it, it does work, it is hard, but it's so worth it!
  • libelluler
    libelluler Posts: 31 Member
    Great job! I started C25K at 300lbs! You can do it!
  • padisneyfour
    padisneyfour Posts: 220
    Just found this thread! How awesome are you!!!!! I am in week 4 just finished day 2 of C25K I am inspired by you..... . I have my first 5k in a couple weeks and just want to finish!
  • jody664
    jody664 Posts: 397 Member
    Congrats! That's a big accomplishment!!!

I was in the same boat a couple of years ago. I did C25K and I ran in my condo complex. Initially I was worried about what my neighbors and friends would think, but they never paid me any attention.
  • action_figure
    action_figure Posts: 511 Member
    I just finished my 5K training (Used Zombies, Run! 5K training app. I run in public too! I even ran in the Color Me Rad at 240 lbs! Runners are pretty awesome! Shirtless Deltoid Guy, and Awesome Biceps Guy With the Great Dog have actually pulled out their headphones this week and said "GREAT JOB!" I always notice them because we run in opposite directions, and I've gone from running one circuit to their two or three to pretty much one to one. :)
  • tekwriter
    tekwriter Posts: 923 Member
    That is wonderful. Keep it up!
  • jenniferrow
    jenniferrow Posts: 203
    Well done! You will love C25K. Keep it up. :)
  • dlmaylor
    dlmaylor Posts: 25
    Awesome keep doing it !!
  • fit4lifeUcan2
    fit4lifeUcan2 Posts: 1,458 Member
    I admire anyone who can run. GOOD FOR YOU!!! That is awesome!! I can't even run around the block and I"m not even over weight anymore. Just never could run.
  • justaspoonfulofsugar
    justaspoonfulofsugar Posts: 587 Member
    I did c25k 3 years ago and then did 10k of a marathon on a relay team.
    I started out at 260 lbs.
    sadly,life got in the way and I left it behind.
    I have been trying all this week to get out and give it another go and your post has now inspired me to go out and do it again.
    thanks for being an inspiration..I appreciate it SO much!
    I wish you the best for this journey,it's an incredible one and every step of the way you will be SO impressed by what your body can do and what YOU can achieve!
  • MeriLeMay
    MeriLeMay Posts: 57 Member
    That's awesome, congratulations!
  • diannecampbelll2
    diannecampbelll2 Posts: 33 Member
    Awesome, good for you!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!