What's happened to MFP

Options

Replies

• ILuvMoo
    ILuvMoo Posts: 41
    Options
    I'm having issues with the forum (ha) so if my last post DID post, I'm sorry for the redundancy :)

But I used to use a different app called "Lose It!" which was the same concept as MFP, and the app was SO MUCH BETTER. I use it 99% on my phone, so the app quality is important.

MFP is super popular, so I thought it must be good, but no.

I only switched over to MFP because some friends were starting a group on here and wanted me to join. Also, I'd been struggling with getting back into the swing of logging my food religiously after taking a several-month break from tracking my calories (I had to stop losing weight because I bought a wedding dress that fit and I didn't want to have to pay for alterations if I dropped a size lol!), so the group has been good in that sense.

I'm getting really tempted to get the whole group to move to "Lose It!" though :devil:
  • jackpotclown
    jackpotclown Posts: 3,291 Member
    Options
    Today I've had major problems inputting food into my diary. When I scan the bar codes on foods ( which I've done before) it comes back as something completely different! Food calories don't marry up!

I've also noticed that people's ages on their profiles are missing!

Does MFP have a virus ? Has anyone else had problems with MFP?

MFP does have a virus. Please get tested and tell anyone you have PMed with to get tested as well.

Yep and please put some clothes on!
    Yep and please leave those clothes off! .......There, corrected for you \m/
  • meeper123
    meeper123 Posts: 3,347 Member
    Options
    The cell apps been messed up for me
  • AllTehBeers
    AllTehBeers Posts: 5,030 Member
    Options
    Today I've had major problems inputting food into my diary. When I scan the bar codes on foods ( which I've done before) it comes back as something completely different! Food calories don't marry up!

MFP does have a virus. Please get tested and tell anyone you have PMed with to get tested as well.

That was unnecessary.

Clothes are always unnecessary.
  • TriShamelessly
    TriShamelessly Posts: 905 Member
    Options
    :bigsmile: Gremilins and trolls
  • harr3mi
    harr3mi Posts: 87 Member
    Options

And Remember, when you PM someone, you're PMing with everyone they have PM'ed with.
  • dare2love81
    dare2love81 Posts: 928 Member
    Options

That was unnecessary.

Clothes are always unnecessary.

EXACTLY!! :heart: If I had a back like 1CG I'd show it off too!
  • _Waffle_
    _Waffle_ Posts: 13,049 Member
    Options

Yeah, you're shaming the people that can't pull off this look.
  • ILuvMoo
    Options
    I used to use an extremely similar app called "Lose It!", which had a much more user-friendly interface and just was smoother and more intuitive than MFP in every way.

For as popular as MFP is, I had high hopes. But so far I've been really disappointed in the app. It's buggy and slow and covered in ads.

I only switched over because some friends were starting a group on MFP and wanted me to join, and I'd been having a hard time getting back into the swing of logging my foods after taking a hiatus to get married (didn't want to keep losing weight once my dress fit, or else it'd end up too big!) so it was a kick-start to get back into the swing of logging.
  • Susieout
    Susieout Posts: 102 Member
    Options

That was unnecessary.

Lol, sence of humour....... Love it!!!
  • Amybcb
    Amybcb Posts: 292 Member
    Options
    Been having issues too. Kept getting syncing messages and network unavailable when using on my iphone so had to come onto the computer and did notice missing ages there. No other issues when logged onto the computer so it must be networking issues they are having.
  • MrsGriffin67
    MrsGriffin67 Posts: 485 Member
    Options
    Are you guys using iPhone app? I use Android and I haven't had any issues :smile:
  • KarenJ15
    KarenJ15 Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    I have noticed the missing ages, but other than that, the computer site is fine. My phone app is glitchy though. I couldn't get it to load to log my lunch, so I had to do it on the computer, so I couldn't scan anything.
  • Retrieverlove
    Options
    I cannot even log in to MFP on Safari. I am having to use Firefox. Yes, my age is missing. All in all very frustrating.
  • wineplease
    wineplease Posts: 469 Member
    Options
    Oh, good. I thought this was going to be about bullies on MFP or gossip, rumors, and fake account crap. Glad it's more a technical issue thread!
  • jonikeffer
    jonikeffer Posts: 218 Member
    Options
    I've been getting the emails to tell me someone (who's name isn't displaying right, it shows up like a cuss word %%&$^m lol) replied to me but then the reply isn't showing on the site itself. Sometimes I try to "add food to dinner" and get back a blank "recent" list, etc. Definitely glitchy the last couple days.
  • ILuvMoo
    Options
    Are you guys using iPhone app? I use Android and I haven't had any issues :smile:

I'm using Android and it's been nothing but buggy since I started two weeks ago.

But I'm happy to trash talk Apple products any day :wink:
  • Mustang_Susie
    Mustang_Susie Posts: 7,045 Member
    Options
    I'm just glad my profile says "years old" instead of simply "old". Now THAT would have hurt.

:bigsmile:
  • PoopieMonster
    PoopieMonster Posts: 295 Member
    Options

And then take them off slowly
  • perfect_storm
    perfect_storm Posts: 326 Member
    Options
    I am having trouble with the iPhone app, it won't sync picture updates to your profile from your phone and sometimes you can not log in at all, or it tells you you have no friends (which hurts, lol), but anyway, I am noticing a lot of iPhone issues.