What's harder for you: the food or exercise?

Options
5ftnFun
5ftnFun Posts: 948 Member
After maintaining my weight for many years now, I feel like I have a pretty good handle on the food part of the health equation. Oh sure, I admit that I go through spells when my food choices aren't the best, but all in all, I think I do pretty well. I'll be 52 in another week or so, and thus far, my physicals have been great. Blood work, BP, etc are very good.

BUT. I am horrible about sticking with some kind of exercise or activity on a routine basis.I try very hard to keep moving & to keep strong, but I'm basically a lazy butt. :ohwell: I've done DVD's, did a gym membership, pilates, all kinds of things. I have to mix it up because I get bored and unmotivated very easily. The one thing I DO enjoy is biking and hiking, but even then, sometimes I have to push myself.

I'm curious about my MFP family members: what's easier for you? The food part or the exercise part? Why?

P.S. If you have any tips on how I can keep motivated with an exercise program, I'm open to them.

Edit for typo

Replies

• 5ftnFun
    5ftnFun Posts: 948 Member
    Options
    Not a single reply? No one? I'm going to go pout in the corner and tell my Mommy on you meanies.:cry:

:tongue:
  • celtbell3
    celtbell3 Posts: 738 Member
    Options
    Definitely the food.
  • paigemulroe
    paigemulroe Posts: 144 Member
    Options
    I personally really love working out so working out comes easy for me, but I am not so great at eating right all the time!
  • cmurphy252
    cmurphy252 Posts: 279 Member
    Options
    Its the exercising for me - STRUGGLE to be consistent with it!
  • Lovett123
    Lovett123 Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    the food! I can do exercise but find it reeealllyyy hard to say no to chocolate and ice cream!
  • CTCMom2009
    CTCMom2009 Posts: 263 Member
    Options
    Definitely the food... I can make myself workout and since I play volleyball a lot, it's not an issue.... yummy food, especially during the summer, is the problem.
  • AllTehBeers
    AllTehBeers Posts: 5,030 Member
    Options
    I hate exercise. I'm a lazy bum and it's easier for me to control my food then get my *kitten* off the couch to go do a run. I ran off and on for a while, but now I'm just tracking my food. Most of my 65 pounds was lost sitting on my bum.
  • yelliezx
    yelliezx Posts: 633 Member
    Options
    Awww! I'll reply! I think I'm worse with exercise. It takes a lot for me to get up off my *kitten* and get out there but lately, I've been doing a lot better in both aspects of being healthy! I find that if I'm eating bad, there's no way I'm exercising and vice versa.
  • Brownsbacker4evr
    Brownsbacker4evr Posts: 365 Member
    Options
    Definitely the food. Some things have been easy to give up, like fast food and soda. But there is still food that I cannot pass up that can easily destroy and counter-product any workout.
  • agooddaytodiesoft
    Options
    The food is no problem at all, i actually like dieting, saves me alot of money, and i don't mind excersising, but it takes so much time, and i'm a college student and part time worker, so i always have to excersise in the evenings.. Which isn't the most apealing thing to do imo..
  • NicolleLindgren
    NicolleLindgren Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    I'm just starting out, but even as a foodie, I think the working out part is wayyy harder.
  • Tavok
    Tavok Posts: 10
    Options
    The food, for most of mine is still living at the time of consumption. Except for my beloved Hormel Turkey Chili and Pork Rinds.
  • lanajaymurphy
    Options
    FOOD.
  • b1505
    b1505 Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    For me I struggle with exercise, I find eating well a lot easier
  • CorvusCorax77
    CorvusCorax77 Posts: 2,536 Member
    Options
    for me, it's time.

I know that wasn't an option. But sometimes if you got no time because you have kids/job/have to move/ etc, you end up having to grab a to go meal from a local joint and have no time to hit the gym. That's what sucks.
  • jbs2travel
    jbs2travel Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    Do really well on the food, but I can talk myself out of exercise in a second!!!
  • Hellbent_Heidi
    Hellbent_Heidi Posts: 3,669 Member
    Options
    Absolutely the food. I go to the gym every morning, 5-6 days a week, and generally do 90 minutes + of varied cardio and strength training...but its still crazy hard to pass up certain junk food!
  • chineyLuv
    chineyLuv Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    FOOD!! I'm WEAK!
  • murphy612
    murphy612 Posts: 734 Member
    Options
    both....they are equally difficult for me.
  • pnut456
    pnut456 Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    food....