What's harder for you: the food or exercise?

Options

Replies

• Thadreamer87
    Options
    exercise. I never feel like I have any energy and feel tired all the time do to having sleep apnea.
  • tammys_changing
    Options
    Exercise. Still hoping I'll find something that I really enjoy enough that I don't have to force myself...

On the food side, the only thing I find tough is going over on alcohol calories on the weekend...

This exactly!

Well least the food side.
  • Ladyzumba
    Ladyzumba Posts: 217 Member
    Options
    FOOD FOOD FOOD! Oh did I mention FOOD? I teach Zumba at two different gyms which means two free memberships thus no reason not to workout! I love teaching and working out as much as I love food!
  • ElyseL1
    ElyseL1 Posts: 504 Member
    Options
    Food for sure! I love to cook and lets admit it, a lot of the really tasty things in life aren't healthy.
  • JDBLY11
    JDBLY11 Posts: 577 Member
    Options
    After maintaining my weight for many years now, I feel like I have a pretty good handle on the food part of the health equation. Oh sure, I admit that I go through spells when my food choices aren't the best, but all in all, I think I do pretty well. I'll be 52 in another week or so, and thus far, my physicals have been great. Blood work, BP, etc are very good.

BUT. I am horrible about sticking with some kind of exercise or activity on a routine basis.I try very hard to keep moving & to keep strong, but I'm basically a lazy butt. :ohwell: I've done DVD's, did a gym membership, pilates, all kinds of things. I have to mix it up because I get bored and unmotivated very easily. The one thing I DO enjoy is biking and hiking, but even then, sometimes I have to push myself.

I'm curious about my MFP family members: what's easier for you? The food part or the exercise part? Why?

P.S. If you have any tips on how I can keep motivated with an exercise program, I'm open to them.

Edit for typo

The food part is easier for now. I still have problems eating really healthy. I eat fast food too much, but try to stay around my calorie goal. Sometimes exercise is easier sometimes food is easier. It varies.
  • BigBrunette
    BigBrunette Posts: 1,543 Member
    Options
    Exercise, most certainly.
  • Datahorde
    Datahorde Posts: 154
    Options
    I'm always hungry, as I try to stay within my allotted food calories and macros.
  • ksuetorres
    ksuetorres Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    Definitely the exercise. I have to work out early in the morning, so I get up at 4:45 to be finished by 6:00 (to get ready for work). It's soooo hard to haul it out some mornings! I'm pretty good, though, I don't blow it off very often. The food, on the other hand, is easier. Since I've been counting calories and logging on MFP I've found lots of ways to fill up on few calories. Some days I have to eat a huge evening snack to get enough. Food = Easy Exercise = Hard
  • BajaDreamin333
    BajaDreamin333 Posts: 267 Member
    Options
    Oh the food is harder for sure!

I'll excercise every day no matter what. I have terrible insomnia, and have a home gym. I'm awake at 5:00 am anyway, why not workout? And I'm addicted to the endorphans. And I'm a sick girl - I love it. I love lifting weights and walking 200 lunges across the basketball court. Pilates is like a massage to me, and I could play on the stability ball and BOSU endlessly.

Food on the other hand kills me. I like to nibble. To snack. To munch. I can be doing great all day with a great burn, good nutrition, and BAM there's something to snack on and I am in defecit in no time. I really need to just stuff a sock in it some days and I probalby would weigh 100 lbs....
  • Broncosfan3
    Options
    Exercise...it takes time away from when I could be eating food.
  • Becky_Smith72
    Becky_Smith72 Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    The food! I'm always hungry and just love eating lol..
  • Cp731
    Cp731 Posts: 3,195 Member
    Options
    Both. Im lazy and I love sweets.
    I do well for a few months, look good feel good, then I go into hibernation.
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,868 Member
    Options
    I find it all pretty easy. Personally, I think far too many people think that healthy has to be boring...healthy can be delicious...none of my food sucks, it all rocks...I'm a foodie, it's important to me.

I love weight training, so it's no biggie and I wish I could do more than a 3x weekly split. For cardio I find myself much more motivated if I have an actual goal like running a 5K or doing a Goruck or Tough Mudder or something. When I'm just running to run or whatever, I get pretty damned bored with it. I could never drone away on some cardio machine either...just won't find me doing that.
  • Timshel_
    Timshel_ Posts: 22,834 Member
    Options
    Food. I LOVE to exercise, and I do, becuase I LOVE to eat.
  • ampresume
    ampresume Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    being Italian the food lol
  • SuzieZimm
    SuzieZimm Posts: 238 Member
    Options
    Food.
    I actually love to go exercise. Might be hard to wake up for it or I may not be into getting sweaty that day, but I'm usually pretty eager to burn calories for the day.
    Food on the other hand.. oh man, haven't busted my cravings yet...
  • marhattap
    marhattap Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    Working out. I can handle the food, no problem. The exercise? That is an issue I am working out now (pun intended). Now that it is significantly warmer outside, there is only a small window of opportunity to go out and run, early in the morning or late at night. I tell myself that if I work out late, I won't sleep. Then I stay up ANYWAY, and don't wake up in time to work out. Sigh. Yeah, I need to work on that.....
  • CassieReannan
    CassieReannan Posts: 1,479 Member
    Options
    The food.
  • GormanGhaste
    GormanGhaste Posts: 430 Member
    Options
    Exercise is the tough one for me. I haven't been hungry since I've started mfp, but I have been wearing myself out. I'm just not used to exercising at this weight, and walking outside at this time of year (gulf coast) is hot at any time of day.

I say do exercise that you love, and combine it with other things you love.
  • brewji
    brewji Posts: 752 Member
    Options
    Food was the most difficult until I learned to cook. When I started to learn to cook, I loved trying new things, and making food from scratch (even if it's not the best for you) gets rid of processed food chemicals, and helps burn a few calories in the process.

Best of luck to you mate!