• msjames1999
    msjames1999 Posts: 528 Member
    Options
    Wow!!! Congratulations!!!
  • mdepko
    mdepko Posts: 283 Member
    Options
    So how did you do it?

I'm 42 and I've been at this about 2 months, and I'm only down 10 pounds.

Edit: Just read how you did it.

So is most of your exercise from the Wii?

Steve

Steve, with the exception of walking (can't run because of my knee) and golfing, my exercise has been exclusively with the Wii.
  • gretchygirl32
    gretchygirl32 Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    Awesome! Way to stick with it!!!
  • mdepko
    Options
    I love you and I am soooo proud of you, Dad!

She's the biggest reason I'm doing this! :-)
  • ryanosgood
    ryanosgood Posts: 28
    Options
    Congrats...you are a great example for me in my journey of weight loss.
  • macheaney
    macheaney Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    What a great success story! Thanks for sharing!
  • llmcconnell
    llmcconnell Posts: 344 Member
    Options
    Your excellent commitment is paying off! Great job!
  • bostonwolf
    bostonwolf Posts: 3,038 Member
    Options
    Very well done.

What are the next set of goals? Sounds like you are chomping at the bit for a new way to challenge yourself.
  • karenrace
    karenrace Posts: 24
    Options
    great job!!!!!
  • fishermanmatt
    fishermanmatt Posts: 308 Member
    Options
    Congrats on a job well done!
  • mdepko
    Options
    Very well done.

What are the next set of goals? Sounds like you are chomping at the bit for a new way to challenge yourself.

After I get down another twentysome pounds, my goal will be maintaining. I really think that will be a challenge so I have to set up a program that is going to make me continue what I am doing but not get bored. Another thing is, as part of my works wellness challenge, one of the items is to take on a new activity, so I have to figure out what that is and go out and do it. I spent 20 years in the Army so I've done enough running for my lifetime, so I don't have any 5K running goals or anything like that, plus my knee won't let me run. I have some figuring out to do on the next step and welcome any advice of suggestions.
  • gretchygirl32
    gretchygirl32 Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    So very awesome!
  • mdepko
    Options
    Thank you everyone for the amazing comments, I'm humbled!
  • anne2605
    anne2605 Posts: 482 Member
    Options
    Very well done.

After I get down another twentysome pounds, my goal will be maintaining. I really think that will be a challenge so I have to set up a program that is going to make me continue what I am doing but not get bored. Another thing is, as part of my works wellness challenge, one of the items is to take on a new activity, so I have to figure out what that is and go out and do it. I spent 20 years in the Army so I've done enough running for my lifetime, so I don't have any 5K running goals or anything like that, plus my knee won't let me run. I have some figuring out to do on the next step and welcome any advice of suggestions.

Excellent loss and you look fantastic :tongue:

I have a suggestion for you. Here in Germany, an activity plenty of people of all ages take part in is Roller/Inline skating. They have what's known as Blade-Night where a section of a route throughout Munich is closed off to traffic and people skate to music and just have lots of fun between 9pm and 11pm. These events are popular and draw as many as 10,000 skaters per night. The events run from May until September (just before the Munich Beer festival kicks off). I haven't taken part myself but now I'm lighter and fitter, I plan on investing in some skates and giving it a go. I should imagine skating is easier on the knees but will give a great workout.
  • mdepko
    Options
    Very well done.

Excellent loss and you look fantastic :tongue:

I have a suggestion for you. Here in Germany, an activity plenty of people of all ages take part in is Roller/Inline skating. They have what's known as Blade-Night where a section of a route throughout Munich is closed off to traffic and people skate to music and just have lots of fun between 9pm and 11pm. These events are popular and draw as many as 10,000 skaters per night. The events run from May until September (just before the Munich Beer festival kicks off). I haven't taken part myself but now I'm lighter and fitter, I plan on investing in some skates and giving it a go. I should imagine skating is easier on the knees but will give a great workout.

You know, that may be a thought for the new activity. I have never been able to skate, old school skates or otherwise. I lived in Germany for a total of about 6 years when I was in the Army (my daughter was born in Augsburg). We used to Volksmarch almost every weekend. It was a great way to see the country, get some exercise, eat some wurst and drink some beer and schnapps!!!! LOL
  • NewMomNewME24
    NewMomNewME24 Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    Great Job!!!!!! What a difference in comparison pics. Congrats on kicking the smoking habit!!!! Keep up the good work!
  • blissfulself
    blissfulself Posts: 193 Member
    Options
    YOU LOOK AWESOME!!!!!!!!! congrats!
  • sozisraw
    sozisraw Posts: 418 Member
    Options
    My goodness, what an amazing achievement over all, looking fantastic you must be feeling great!
  • bonelessskinless
    Options
    you look like a police officer who is ready to kick someone's *kitten*. you used to look like someone who is going to get his *kitten* kicked by a police officer.

great job!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!